Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Bengals head to London in 2016
Bringing the topic back on track...

Add one more Bengals fan who'll be at the game making AS MUCH NOISE AS POSSIBLE (when we're on D, and moaning at people nearby to shut up when we're on O).

I realise how this sucks for the Cincy season ticket holders, but this is the news I've been waiting for ever since the International Series kicked off over here. I get to see my team for my first ever NFL game.

Wooooooooooooooooooo!

P.S. Pleased it's a Wembley game rather than Twickenham as Wembley is much easier to get to from the Midlands :)
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 03:28 PM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: Bringing the topic back on track...

Add one more Bengals fan who'll be at the game making AS MUCH NOISE AS POSSIBLE (when we're on D, and moaning at people nearby to shut up when we're on O).

I realise how this sucks for the Cincy season ticket holders, but this is the news I've been waiting for ever since the International Series kicked off over here.  I get to see my team for my first ever NFL game.

Wooooooooooooooooooo!

P.S. Pleased it's a Wembley game rather than Twickenham as Wembley is much easier to get to from the Midlands :)

Not only is this good for the local London fans, but there are a number of US servicemembers stationed in Europe that get a chance to enjoy the game. I think we can give up one home game every 16 years or so and be OK.

I will say if the season ticket holder is not given a prorated cost, then that is bad business.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So the NFL screws over the tax payers in Hamilton County and their publically funded stadium.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 02:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then tell Lucy not to bring it up here.

What did I bring up now? That I would rather travel to London to see a bengals than Mexico City?

Not sure what any of that has to do with you bringing up a PnR topic in an international bengals game thread.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 03:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What did I bring up now?   That I would rather travel to London to see a bengals than Mexico City?    

Not sure what any of that has to do with you bringing up a PnR topic in an international bengals game thread.

What does your signature have to do with the topic at hand? 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 02:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: - Games in London
- Probable expansion of the regular season
- Probable expansion of the playoffs by 1 team in each conference (for now)
- FanDuel and DraftKings 
- Moving the PAT back
- Ugly Nike uniforms, constant uniform changes on the horizon
- Talk of more games being broadcast exclusively on the net
- Terrible officiating thanks to countless new rules
- Multiple teams on the move
- The Pro Bowl becoming more and more of a joke

I hate the direction of the NFL right now.

True, but....

- Games in London 
---that's sort of a new one

- Probable expansion of the regular season
---been done before and the NFL survived

---been done before and the NFL survived (personally I think re-seeding once the teams are in would make more sense)

- FanDuel and DraftKings 
---gambling is nothing new, but these will probably be regulated out eventually

- Moving the PAT back
---Meh, this one goes either way.  People pictured more exciting 2pt conversions and so far it's led to more frustration, blown games, and fired kickers

- Ugly Nike uniforms, constant uniform changes on the horizon
---ho-hum uniform overhauls are nothing new, though.  I guess the new ones are getting uglier and more video game-like

- Talk of more games being broadcast exclusively on the net
---this is pretty trendy and new for the wrong reasons, true

- Terrible officiating thanks to countless new rules
---No argument, but I see why the NFL wants to protect players/investments, and maybe the fact that everything is shown in HD from 100 different angles and 100 times is what is making it seem like more calls are blown these days compared to the old days when a guy lost the ball, the other team got it, ran a play and life went on

- Multiple teams on the move
---nothing too new.  Gotta follow the money, also the Rams, Raiders, and Chargers were all in LA before anyways.

- The Pro Bowl becoming more and more of a joke
---I propose we replace the Pro Bowl with the Toilet Bowl where the bottom 2 teams in the NFL play to see who gets the #1 overall pick
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 04:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: - The Pro Bowl becoming more and more of a joke
---I propose we replace the Pro Bowl with the Toilet Bowl where the bottom 2 teams in the NFL play to see who gets the #1 overall pick

would it be the winning or losing team?
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 04:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: would it be the winning or losing team?

I'm not sure.  Giving it to the winner means you can't tank for the first pick.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 04:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: - The Pro Bowl becoming more and more of a joke

This is a great idea.  So the 2 teams that are shittiest all year have to all of a sudden pull out a victory.  Players that play especially shitty on the winning team would then be up for replacement with the #1 pick.  
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 04:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not sure.  Giving it to the winner means you can't tank for the first pick.

but also means they are better than that other team
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 04:22 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: This is a great idea.  So the 2 teams that are shittiest all year have to all of a sudden pull out a victory.  Players that play especially shitty on the winning team would then be up for replacement with the #1 pick.  

PLUS the outcome actually means something.  If the Chargers won the toilet bowl in 1998 Ryan Leaf would have sunk the Colts!  This is powerful stuff.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 02:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: - Probable expansion of the regular season

I hate the direction of the NFL right now.

Don't know why anyone would hate more NFL games.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 04:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: PLUS the outcome actually means something.  If the Chargers won the toilet bowl in 1998 Ryan Leaf would have sunk the Colts!  This is powerful stuff.

once the minor league thing gets going we could have the worst 2 teams in the NFL face off against the best two teams in that league and see if they can take their spots lol

not sure if the 2 worst teams in the league will generate much ratings and thats what the NFL wants.

Instead of the ProBowl we should have some sort of contest between all the cheerleaders

Like Trampoleen contest for best bounce.
Swim suit competitions in hawaii...
mud wrestling

whatever but the ratings would go up.
Reply/Quote

(11-25-2015, 04:22 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: This is a great idea. 

x2

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

(11-25-2015, 04:22 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: This is a great idea.  So the 2 teams that are shittiest all year have to all of a sudden pull out a victory.  Players that play especially shitty on the winning team would then be up for replacement with the #1 pick.  

(11-25-2015, 04:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: x2

ThumbsUp

[Image: 687474703a2f2f696d616765732e73696d706c79...6e2e6a7067]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 04:04 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: What does your signature have to do with the topic at hand? 

Haha come on man. If that's all you got then just don't waste our time. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 05:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Haha come on man.  If that's all you got then just don't waste our time.     Hilarious

Just saying man.  It's tough to separate your character's radical right-wing views you post in PnR from other parts of the board when you're constantly smearing it in everyone's face.  You made the bed bud, sleep in it.
Reply/Quote
Yes it sucks to give up a home game, but atleast its against an opponent they should beat regardless of location.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 11:51 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Bengals just lost a season ticket holder of 4 seats.

My guess is my family of friends will also get rid of their seats as well so the Bengals likely to lose 8 seats.

Obviously, the NFL nor the Bengals care as they are getting richer by other means.

It is just not fair to sell us an expensive seat license for 8 regular season games and then only give us 7 games.

So congrats to the Bengals and the NFL for pissing off season ticket holders on one more city.

Agreed, i feel the same way.... On a more positive note it couldnt be a better time to sell high and recoup our full license investment 
It's Rough in the Nasty Nati
Reply/Quote
Simulated this game on Madden 16. The result:

Bengals 62, Redskins 55

Dalton: 40-43 for 361 yards, 4 TDs and 2 INTs.
Reply/Quote