Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Bengals head to London in 2016
(11-25-2015, 02:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I hate the direction of the NFL right now.

- Games in London
Ehh this one doesn't personally bother me. I actually enjoy football from 9:30 AM to 12 PM. I hate waking up and waiting for the games.

- Probable expansion of the regular season
DOPE! More football. Woohoo!
- Probable expansion of the playoffs by 1 team in each conference (for now)
DOPE! More football. Woohoo!
- FanDuel and DraftKings 
Commercials are annoying, but I feel like the bubble will burst and they will become illegal soon enough.
- Moving the PAT back
I agree. I dislike this rule.
- Ugly Nike uniforms, constant uniform changes on the horizon
I like the uniform changes and I like how constant they change. It's fun to see new stuff. All the "traditional" jerseys that people love are just boring AF.
- Talk of more games being broadcast exclusively on the net
This is one of the greatest things ever. I can't wait until Sports are streamed so I can FINALLY cut cable 100% out of my life. Sports are the only reason I have it.
- Terrible officiating thanks to countless new rules
Yeah, officiating sucks of late.
- Multiple teams on the move
This one doesn't really affect me at all, and I've kinda always wanted a team in LA for some reason. Another team to hate I guess.
- The Pro Bowl becoming more and more of a joke
I like the new backyard pick'em style instead of AFC vs. NFC. It also allows more deserving players to be chosen since there is no limit per conference. They need to make sure they get fun enough veteran coaches though.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
How about before Season Ticket and Seat holders jump off the cliff we wait to hear what the team states about the lost home game? I'm assuming that all such prices will be prorated and credits/refunds issued as appropriate.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 06:40 PM)Joelist Wrote: How about before Season Ticket and Seat holders jump off the cliff we wait to hear what the team states about the lost home game? I'm assuming that all such prices will be prorated and credits/refunds issued as appropriate.

a season ticket holder has already comfirmed and answered my question to that saying they received a letter about next season paying for 9 games. 2 preseason 7 reg
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 06:40 PM)Joelist Wrote: How about before Season Ticket and Seat holders jump off the cliff we wait to hear what the team states about the lost home game? I'm assuming that all such prices will be prorated and credits/refunds issued as appropriate.

To me it is more than a refund or paying for 7 games versus 8.

That was a given, they had no choice.

Seat license and lost revenue to the city for 1 game is huge. That and losing a home game could be difference between playoffs or sitting home next year
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 06:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: To me it is more than a refund or paying for 7 games versus 8.

That was a given, they had no choice.

Seat license and lost revenue to the city for 1 game is huge. That and losing a home game could be difference between playoffs or sitting home next year

So you are saying you don't believe Mike Brown is doing enough to win and you are considering quitting being a season ticket holder because of it?
Reply/Quote
The revenue that the city of Cincinnati and its taxpayers are losing is the big issue here for me. It sucks that the city was forced to let them do this.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 07:20 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The revenue that the city of Cincinnati and its taxpayers are losing is the big issue here for me.  It sucks that the city was forced to let them do this.

I dont think it sucks because of the revenue sharing over the years with a salary cap. This has allowed teams like the Bengals and other smaller market teams to have a chance at thriving with the big boy market teams (unlike MLB), as you obviously know. So to me it comes down to teams giving back to the NFL for the greater good of the game, and this is one way of doing it. Take away revenue sharing, then I would be against it, because honestly, where would the Bengals be at today without revenue sharing from other teams and a salary cap in place. I dont even want to think of that scenario :O
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
And the award for worst fans ever goes to....

No but really after reading a lot of the replies there are a lot of whiny people in here. Its just one game and probably won't happen to us for another 5+ years considering it took 9 years and 14 games being played in London before it was our turn. And for you season ticket holders, at least wait until you get the details about prices before you start bitching. Also like missing 1 home game will really make the difference in the playoffs. If this team isn't good enough next year to make the playoffs due to 1 home game then they shouldn't be in the playoffs. I don't get how you guys can call yourselves fans if you don't want this. A little international exposure would be a good thing for this team. 1000's of people who have never heard of the Cincinnati Bengals will get a chance to see this great team in action,and I for one am in favor of that.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 07:20 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The revenue that the city of Cincinnati and its taxpayers are losing is the big issue here for me.  It sucks that the city was forced to let them do this.

They weren't forced.  They agreed to it when the Bengals waived the building height requirements for the new GE building.
Reply/Quote
Stinks!
Reply/Quote
Well, it is what it is. Mid-September to mid-November is the busiest time of year at work, so a trip across the pond won't be an option. Guess I'll keep a few more bucks in my pocket and enjoy the game from home.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

The city gave up the provision to play all home games at PBS. No need to feel sorry for them . They gave up their leverage .
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 11:32 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Terrible for you Americans I realise, but I am over the moon here.

If I come to London for the game, can we party at your house?

In all seriousness, if Arsenal is playing a home game on the 29th, I may book my flight and watch Arsenal on Sat and the Bengals on Sun. Road trip!
Reply/Quote
Yes we dont have to pay for that game next year, but thats not my point. They charge us season ticket holders full price for 2 junk preseason games (which we have to buy). They have raised my tickets every year for the last 3 years $5 per seat per game each year. Now they are gonna take one of my home games away....... that sucks man... real talk. I feel like why do I even continue to buy season tickets. I am obviously not appreciated. So why not sell high now when they will probably be at their most valuable, and just buy single game tickets to only the games i wanna go to (not preseason lol) even if i paid retail for my tickets it would still be cheaper than what im paying now. (Guess im just thinking out loud now)
It's Rough in the Nasty Nati
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 03:04 AM)Nasty Nati Wrote: Yes we dont have to pay for that game next year, but thats not my point. They charge us season ticket holders full price for 2 junk preseason games (which we have to buy). They have raised my tickets every year for the last 3 years $5 per seat per game each year. Now they are gonna take one of my home games away....... that sucks man... real talk. I feel like why do I even continue to buy season tickets. I am obviously not appreciated. So why not sell high now when they will probably be at their most valuable, and just buy single game tickets to only the games i wanna go to (not preseason lol) even if i paid retail for my tickets it would still be cheaper than what im paying now. (Guess im just thinking out loud now)

This is well said and non season ticket holders have no skin in the game for one year. Some us have invested for 10+ years in season tickets.

It is easy to criticize when you have nothing invested.

All it will take is a rise of $10 per ticket and we will end up paying the exact same amount in 2016 as we did in 2015 for one less game. In essence, most likely they will recoup all of their costs by raising prices, but ether way the loss of a home game can be a big deal for the playoffs in or out. Every year teams are vying to get into the playoffs in week 17 so next year will be no different,

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
First thing to folks talking about (making up)how losing a home game will hurt our playoff chances: Since Andy Dalton has taken over for the Bengals we have won 1 more at home than they have on the road. Matter of fact we have done better on the road in 3 of the 4 seasons he has been QB.

Second thing to my English buddies: What is your pregame ritual? Do the English tailgate like we do here in the states?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 11:45 AM)bfine32 Wrote: First thing to folks talking about (making up)how losing a home game will hurt our playoff chances: Since Andy Dalton has taken over for the Bengals we have won 1 more at home than they have on the road. Matter of fact we have done better on the road in 3 of the 4 seasons he has been QB.

Second thing to my English buddies: What is your pregame ritual? Do the English tailgate like we do here in the states?

You do realize we have made the playoffs by exactly one regular win 3 of the 4 years AD was the QB correct.

If one win becomes a loss, we miss the playoffs 3 of the 4 years.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 11:54 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You do realize we have made the playoffs by exactly one regular win 3 of the 4 years AD was the QB correct.

If one win becomes a loss, we miss the playoffs 3 of the 4 years.

Well then: I guess it's a good thing we had a better record on the road than at home in 3 of those 4 years. If we would have performed on the road the same as we did at at home we would have only made the playoffs once in the last 4 years.

Good point, but I fail to see how it supports Home Field advantage. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 12:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well then: I guess it's a good thing we had a better record on the road than at home in 3 of those 4 years. If we would have performed on the road the same as we did at at home we would have only made the playoffs once in the last 4 years.

Good point, but I fail to see how it supports Home Field advantage. 

I hope you are correct, that according to you the stats don't favor the home team.

I hope we don't lose a home game in London costing us a shot at a Super Bowl.

I will always be a fan, just no longer a season ticket holder. I will let others like you do the heavy lifting filling PBS in 2016 and beyond.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2015, 11:45 AM)bfine32 Wrote: First thing to folks talking about (making up)how losing a home game will hurt our playoff chances: Since Andy Dalton has taken over for the Bengals we have won 1 more at home than they have on the road. Matter of fact we have done better on the road in 3 of the 4 seasons he has been QB.

Unfortunately tailgating is not part of the sporting culture over here...more's the pity.   If you're going to a football (soccer) match and its not Premier League level (my soccer team is lower leagues)  its more a case of stopping at a pub before the game then grabbing a pie/pasty from a dodgy van parked outside the stadium.  

One of the differences in the way we watch soccer.vs. gridiron historically seems to be the travel to the game.  Old stadiums are buried in the towns so you don't drive right up to the stadium and there are no mega car parks right by...you either drive and walk or take public transport and so no tail to gate from  :)  From what I've seen of the majority of US stadiums (PBS actually appears different to this which is cool) if you are not driving there you're struggling.

From what I've heard for the Wembley games there is a 'fan plaza'....but this is not tailgating as you guys would know it.  Probably just an excuse to flog more merchandise and sell burgers from approved, stadium concessions

Personally I cannot wait to the Bengals at my first ever game at Wembley..BUT but I fell in love with the NFL / America and everything that goes with that so until I see a game at PBS, with a full on tailgate BBQ, Local brewed Beer, and the Bengal stormtrooper bloke passing me the ketchup I've still not done the full NFL game experience ..Whodey!
Reply/Quote