Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Eifert to have ankle surgery
Here's the news - it was the Pro Bowl.

I'll try to circle back at some point and answer any questions;
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
Ouch.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/05/24/cincinnati-bengals-tight-end-tyler-eifert-to-have-ankle-surgery/84854904/

This puts our team in some serious jeopardy with the tough early schedule.
Reply/Quote
Ha, I linked your article on my thread. Someone can delete that one.
Reply/Quote
F*&ing Pro Bowl. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not surprised. It's official, Eifert is made of glass. So sad. Waste of talent. Kroft has proven more reliable.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The real question...why wait until June?
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Who says this is from the Pro Bowl. He probably reinjured himself walking on the field for OTA's today. As talented as he is, the sport just isn't meant for everyone.

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 02:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: Who says this is from the Pro Bowl. He probably reinjured himself walking on the field for OTA's today. As talented as he is, the sport just isn't meant for everyone.

Yeah. Im sure thats what happened. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 02:09 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: The real question...why wait until June?

Read the article and you may find out. 
Reply/Quote
Not sure what to think of this.

Shouldnt be a huge deal. Minimal surgery with a three month recovery. Should be ready for the season.

We all know how these things can go, though.....
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 02:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: Who says this is from the Pro Bowl. He probably reinjured himself walking on the field for OTA's today. As talented as he is, the sport just isn't meant for everyone.

Actually if you look at skill guys his size, many are constantly injured. Guys that size tend to be more susceptible to  injuries it seems.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 02:11 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Read the article and you may find out. 

Because it took them 4 months to realize he needs surgery? They rehire our old medical staff under the radar?

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 02:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: Because it took them 4 months to realize he needs surgery?

Said the ankle wasn't responding the way that they wanted it to. Seems like they were trying to avoid surgery.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 02:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: Actually if you look at skill guys his size, many are constantly injured. Guys that size tend to be more susceptible to  injuries it seems.

True

Reply/Quote
It seems minimal and elective.

It's also Tyler Eifert. And the Bengals.

Color me skeptical when I see a timetable on a Bengals' player returning from injury.

The point remains the same if he isn't 100% by opening weekend.
Reply/Quote
He'll probably play the last PS game, pipe down people.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 02:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not surprised. It's official, Eifert is made of glass. So sad. Waste of talent. Kroft has proven more reliable.

You are the worst. 
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 02:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not surprised. It's official, Eifert is made of glass. So sad. Waste of talent. Kroft has proven more reliable.

Waste of talent? Seems a little over the top brother.  Mellow

When Tyler's on the field, he's a difference maker. It's definitely unfortunate that he's had the different injury situations and has had to miss games, but I'm glad we have him.

The one thing I will say, is that it's going to be interesting to see how the Bengals handle his next contract, given the injury history.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 02:17 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He'll probably play the last PS game, pipe down people.

Thats what im thinking. 

Seems like the Bengals knew the entire time he may need surgery. Elected to wait and see to try and avoid it as much as possible. They wanted and saw, and decided he needed it. 

I think he will be ready to go week 1. 
Reply/Quote