Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Eifert to have ankle surgery
I hope Eifert will be healthy by the start of the season. I know the last time someone had late surgery (Marvin Jones) we didn't have him all year. I'm not saying that's going to happen with Eifert, but we do have a history of it. I wish the Bengals didn't have the hardest part of the schedule at the start of the season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hum, not good news.

I'm wondering if signing Boldin wouldn't be prudent at the moment. Yes, he's not a TE, but he's a threat on 3rd down and in the red zone. Kroft is ok, but we'll be terribly thin at TE early.

Gotta take into account the Bengals' medical staff being over optimistic, like in 2014 with both Marvin Jones and Burfict.

Reply/Quote
I'm optimistic-Marvin Jones played well a year after his minor foot injury.

Attached Files Image(s)

“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 03:54 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Hum, not good news.

I'm wondering if signing Boldin wouldn't be prudent at the moment. Yes, he's not a TE, but he's a threat on 3rd and in the red zone. Kroft is ok, but we'll be terribly thin at TE early.

Gotta take into account the Bengals' medical staff being over optimistic, like in 2014 with both Marvin Jones and Burfict.

We also have CJ Uzomah. I am interested to see what he can do after getting some real TE coaching for a year.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 04:02 PM)Au165 Wrote: We also have CJ Uzomah. I am interested to see what he can do after getting some real TE coaching for a year.

I knew I was forgetting somebody, but still. I'd be happy cut loose our dedicated part-time returner for a proven, though aging, 3rd down threat.

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 04:00 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: I'm optimistic-Marvin Jones played well a year after his minor foot injury.

Marvin Jones was also reportedly going to be back after the PUP activations and he missed a whole season.

Any injury for a Bengals player that runs into a deadline like this is scary.  It's just true.  This organization doesn't have the best history with it.  Period.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 04:17 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Marvin Jones was also reportedly going to be back after the PUP activations and he missed a whole season.

Any injury for a Bengals player that runs into a deadline like this is scary.  It's just true.  This organization doesn't have the best history with it.  Period.

Speaking in absolutes is never a good idea.
Reply/Quote
The medical staff has gotten better since the Antonio Bryant debacle, but this is without a doubt a huge blunder. It took these guys 4 months to finally decide this was a problem and needed surgery. 4 freaking months, I mean for as such of an insignificant of an injury they made it out to be it took them that long to make the determination that he wasn't healing on his own. They should have known something after a month if it wasn't improving.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 04:24 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: The medical staff has gotten better since the Antonio Bryant debacle, but this is without a doubt a huge blunder. It took these guys 4 months to finally decide this was a problem and needed surgery. 4 freaking months, I mean for as such of an insignificant of an injury they made it out to be it took them that long to make the determination that he wasn't healing on his own. They should have known something after a month if it wasn't improving.

Can I see your degree? Seriously, what do you know about foot and ankle injuries other than google? The amount of doctors on here is really amazing. It could be something as simple as the way it did heal could lead to more issues down the road so they decide to do surgery now to fix future issues.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 04:25 PM)Au165 Wrote: Can I see your degree? Seriously, what do you know about foot and ankle injuries other than google? The amount of doctors on here is really amazing. It could be something as simple as the way it did heal could lead to more issues down the road so they decide to do surgery now to fix future issues.

Ive had several foot and ankle injuries, and two surgeries. No doctor but I know a thing or two. Surgery is always the last resort, but waiting four months without any signs of progression doesn't seem like something that a medical professional does.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Gresh spoiled us with his toughness.

As to delaying the Sugery: Do folks remember when Cad did this and folks were pissed? Sometimes these guys do all they can to avoid surgery (see Carson elbow).
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 02:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not surprised. It's official, Eifert is made of glass. So sad. Waste of talent. Kroft has proven more reliable.

This is starting to remind me of the concussion guy signed from the colts Ben utech ( also a te ). Sad
Reply/Quote
So, given the team track record on the difference between what they report for an injury time and what actually occurs....three months should equal what? Injured Reserve?
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 04:24 PM)Au165 Wrote: Speaking in absolutes is never a good idea.

The only absolute in my statement is the organization doesn't have a great history with it.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 04:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Gresh spoiled us with his toughness.

As to delaying the Surgery: Do folks remember when Chad did this and folks were pissed? Sometimes these guys do all they can to avoid surgery (see Carson elbow).

I was thinking about this when I typed out that list of TE injuries. We may disagree on Gresh's talent, but I definitely agree that he was very durable for a TE and battled through some injuries.

Chad delaying his surgery also came to mind, but that was also the year Chad asked to be traded, so everything Chad did was twisted into him somehow being selfish. Just like how any nick or ding for Eifert is going to be twisted into him being made of glass. It's tough to ditch the narratives once they start.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 04:57 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: This is starting to remind me of the concussion guy signed from the colts Ben utech ( also a te ). Sad

Mellow

Utecht took an injury paycheck and early exit because of a fear of brain damage. Not exactly the same as a guy trying to rehab his ankle to avoid surgery, but getting surgery to avoid missing a season.
Reply/Quote
Eifert just can't seem to shake the injury bug.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 02:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not surprised. It's official, Eifert is made of glass. So sad. Waste of talent. Kroft has proven more reliable.

Pretty shitty form to take a tone like that about it. How is "wasting" his talent if he's balling out like he did last year? Or you mean god should have given someone "tougher" his ability?
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
Glad to see Shake has already been here to tell us again how Eifert isn't made of glass. Ninja

Jokes and harassment aside, hopefully he heals up both quickly and well. With a questionable WR corps, they're likely going to need him at full strength in 2016. I guess getting the surgery out of the way now is better than having a Marvin Jones type situation where a minor foot/ankle injury they try to heal with time turns out to be a more serious one that wipes out his year.

Maybe I should just be happy that the Bengals medical staff caught this now, even though it's months later. Better than having another Gresham scenario where he needed back surgery and nobody knowing it while everyone on the Bengals staff treating him like shit because they thought he should have played. (Dave Lapham especially was a D-bag that time.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 05:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was thinking about this when I typed out that list of TE injuries. We may disagree on Gresh's talent, but I definitely agree that he was very durable for a TE and battled through some injuries.

Chad delaying his surgery also came to mind, but that was also the year Chad asked to be traded, so everything Chad did was twisted into him somehow being selfish. Just like how any nick or ding for Eifert is going to be twisted into him being made of glass. It's tough to ditch the narratives once they start.

Nah man, it wasn't twisted, thats just what it was, that was a minor scope he knew he needed and he waited to do it when he knew it would cause him to miss camp cuz he had gone full on malignant cancer at that point.

Don't buy that revisionist history "narrative" that bfine has been selling for five years.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote