Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Eifert to have ankle surgery
That's it!

-4-16 here we come!

The Bengals are going to be so bad this year that they will get two number one overall picks in the draft...both in the same year!

Ok, sarcasm is over.

He will be ready by the start of the season and if not...-4-16 baby!

Wink
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 06:43 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: That's it!

-4-16 here we come!

The Bengals are going to be so bad this year that they will get two number one overall picks in the draft...both in the same year!

Ok, sarcasm is over.

He will be ready by the start of the season and if not...-4-16 baby!

Wink

Wouldn't... wouldn't -4-16 be... 16-4?

Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 02:09 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: The real question...why wait until June?

Exactly. If this injury happened in February, even if you waiut for the swelling to go down, etc...you should still be able to have surgery by early March at the latest. Why in the F*ck do they wait until OTAs begin? Then on top of that, its a 3 month recovery which takes us to the beginning of the season. Why wasn't that surgery done way earlier? Pisses me off.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 07:02 PM)Beaker Wrote: Exactly. If this injury happened in February, even if you waiut for the swelling to go down, etc...you should still be able to have surgery by early March at the latest. Why in the F*ck do they wait until OTAs begin? Then on top of that, its a 3 month recovery which takes us to the beginning of the season. Why wasn't that surgery done way earlier? Pisses me off.

Agree, and it happens a lot in major sports these days. These guys want to be able to take advantage of their time off and this is how they accomplish that.

This team is and has been driven by the D for the past five years. The team is not going to go 4- and whatever with the loss of, as it stands, a one year wonder. The kid is talented and we need him so hopefully he has a speedy recovery. In the meantime, it's tackle football and things are gonna happen. Next man up!
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 06:58 PM)Benton Wrote: Wouldn't... wouldn't -4-16 be... 16-4?

Mellow

You're thinking "25 or 6 to 4", you listen to too much Chicago. I get, I do, they are/were a good band with songs like "Colour My World" and such but come on, get it together. There are other bands out there with the same horn sections that are much, much better like Earth, Wind & Fire and Kool & the Gang pre 1976 and JT Taylor.

Duh
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 06:35 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Nah man, it wasn't twisted, thats just what it was, that was a minor scope he knew he needed and he waited to do it when he knew it would cause him to miss camp cuz he had gone full on malignant cancer at that point.

Don't buy that revisionist history "narrative" that bfine has been selling for five years.

But he didn't miss Training Camp; as he was there to tear his labrum reaching for a  poorly thrown ball in preseason and still laced them up at the beginning of the season. 

Revisionist history is fun.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 04:32 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Ive had several foot and ankle injuries, and two surgeries. No doctor but I know a thing or two. Surgery is always the last resort, but waiting four months without any signs of progression doesn't seem like something that a medical professional does.

I'm sorry but that doesn't make your opinion worth more than someone googling it. I watched a TV show once on world war 2 but it doesn't make me a general.

you said it doesn't. Seem like something a medical professional does but they do in fact have degrees so your wrong. You have no info on the exact reason why they waited. Could have been a million things but et you had a couple surgeries so obviously your qualified..
Reply/Quote
I'm not to worried and glad they're addressing it now.
Reply/Quote
Holy ***** Hell......when is Eifert not injured !!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Add me to the "I'm not too concerned" list. As I understand, it's just a clean-out, and Eifert should be just fine.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 07:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But he didn't miss Training Camp; as he was there to tear his labrum reaching for a  poorly thrown ball in preseason and still laced them up at the beginning of the season. 

Revisionist history is fun.

Must have been a mini camp or something then. But it was Chad being a dick on purpose, as he was prone to do.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 09:17 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Must have been a mini camp or something then.  But it was Chad being a dick on purpose, as he was prone to do.

[Image: tumblr_mf8cor9BgE1rsm741o1_500.gif]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 03:31 PM)treee Wrote: Seeing a lot of overreactions in this thread.

Yeah Treee, assumption the mother of all fuckups. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Meh - at least he's got a 0% change of getting hurt during the pre-season. Hoping for a speedy recovery
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 09:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: tumblr_mf8cor9BgE1rsm741o1_500.gif]

Idk how anyone likes that dude. Ochodoosho was an asshole.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
Well that sucks !

But you know if the refs did not cheat us or even if we did not shoot ourselves in the foot three times in a row in that playoff debacle.

Bengals could have been in SB and Tyler would not have even played in that pro bowl game.

Salt in our wound. Lol

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
He'll be rested and ready for the playoffs - Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
Kroft you're up buddy.

Reply/Quote
This might not be the best time to start the rate the TEs thread.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The real question...why wait until June? … without a doubt a huge blunder. It took these guys 4 months to finally decide this was a problem and needed surgery.

As WeezyBengal posted “said the ankle wasn't responding the way that they wanted it to. Seems like they were trying to avoid surgery.” I’m sure he was resting and rehabbing and getting physical therapy and, on the eve of full squad workouts, it was determined it wasn’t ready for football. So, after 3 months and with 3 months to go, time to get it corrected.

Then the next thing you know he's on the PUP list to start the season. If the latter happens, we could be in serious trouble to start the season.

This is the fear after all surgeries/procedures. It seems like there is no worry for that but it is a surgery.

… 3 month recovery doesn't sound like "minimal" surgery procedure. … Anyone know who this guy is? James Rapien linked to him and he says Eifert is just getting it cleaned out and will be fine.

Will Caroll’s whole job is basically to report about injuries, and he’s plugged in. Three months may be conservative (and it may also include anticipated football clearance) but why not be at the outset? And any sort of surgery to a weight-bearing part of the body will require some time to recover. Can’t imagine any kind of foot / ankle procedure would take less time when you’re talking about a professional athlete trying to get back to the field and being able to run/cut/jump/plant/push off to block, etc.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote