Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Eifert to have ankle surgery
If what they are saying is true then I'm not too worried. What does worry me is them sugar coating the situation (which they've done before) and then the next thing you know he's on the PUP list to start the season. If the latter happens, we could be in serious trouble to start the season.

Reply/Quote
When Tyler is on the field. I agree. The problem is "when"... And how long he'll stay before he's injured again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I guess we'll have him back by...2021 at this point.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Glad he's getting it taken care of instead of waiting until closer to season. Hopefully he'll be back to speed by preseason.

And not too worried about the recovery time. We aren't turning the offense upside down, we don't have a new QB. Eifert won't miss much by missing offseason as long as he's still conditioning what he can.
Reply/Quote
Hmmm, tell me more about how AJ Green is going to carry this passing offense...... (I'm worried)
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 02:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: When Tyler is on the field. I agree. The problem is "when"... And how long he'll stay before he's injured again.

People say the same thing about Gronk.....But you take the injuries for the production you get when he is healthy. We have Kroft who is pretty good in his own right.
Reply/Quote
Sooo many skeptics on here.

We will be okay. His career is not over. He is just fragile. Chill.

Who is the only TE that you could say is for sure better than Eifert?

Gronk.

Look at how often Gronk is injured. You dont see Pats fans saying "his career is over, he is made of glass" etc.

Is it a little concerning? Of course. But its ankle surgery. He is not going to die. His career is not over.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 02:21 PM)Benton Wrote: Glad he's getting it taken care of instead of waiting until closer to season. Hopefully he'll be back to speed by preseason.

And not too worried about the recovery time. We aren't turning the offense upside down, we don't have a new QB. Eifert won't miss much by missing offseason as long as he's still conditioning what he can.

Yep...glad it's being taken care of now and getting out of the way. 
Reply/Quote
Availability is the best ability. Gronk didn't start missing games until his 3rd season. Eifert has yet to finish a season.

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 02:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: Availability is the best ability.

That is false, Brandon Tate is always available that doesn't make him good Ninja . I get the saying, but it's just not true in football. I'd rather have 10 games a year of Eiffert over most the other TE's in the league.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 02:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: Availability is the best ability. Gronk didn't start missing games until his 3rd season. Eifert has yet to finish a season.

Didnt he finish last season? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Should be back during TC/preseason gives the other TEs some time... maybe that john peters guy makes the roster if eifert starts on pup
Reply/Quote
It's still May. Chill
Reply/Quote
Per Shefty, start of season IS in jeopardy per sources.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 2m2 minutes ago

Bengals' Tyler Eifert will have ankle surgery this week, as @JimOwczarski reported. Start of 2016 season for Eifert in jeopardy, per source.

3 month recovery doesn't sound like "minimal" surgery procedure.

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 02:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: Per Shefty, start of season IS in jeopardy per sources.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter  · 2m2 minutes ago  

Bengals' Tyler Eifert will have ankle surgery this week, as @JimOwczarski reported. Start of 2016 season for Eifert in jeopardy, per source.

3 month recovery doesn't sound like "minimal" surgery procedure.

There is 3 months recovery to get to walking around and 3 months to be able to play football. He will probably be walking in 6-8 weeks. My guess is to get football clearance why there is such a long lay off. Either way, a bit concerned about not being available week 1.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 02:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: Actually if you look at skill guys his size, many are constantly injured. Guys that size tend to be more susceptible to  injuries it seems.

Exactly.

(05-24-2016, 02:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: People say the same thing about Gronk.....But you take the injuries for the production you get when he is healthy. We have Kroft who is pretty good in his own right.

Gronk: Has missed 16 games in last 4 seasons.
Jordan Reed: Has missed multiple games in all 3 seasons, 14 overall.
Jordan Cameron: Missed 17 games across 5 seasons.
Antonio Gates: Missed 11 games due to injury over last 6 seasons.
Jimmy Graham: Missed 5 games last season.
Travis Kelce: Missed his entire rookie season. 
Dennis Pitta: Has only played 7 games in last 3 seasons. Ravens still holding out hope that he can come back.
Kyle Rudolph: Missed 16 games in first 4 seasons.
Austin Sefarian-Jenkins: Missed 16 games in only 2 seasons.
Julius Thomas: Has missed multiple games in all 5 seasons, including 9 over the last 3 seasons.

This is pretty much a who's who of the TE position and they've all had some injury issues. Remember, before Gresh we had Reggie Kelly, who missed 22 games in 8 seasons. Ben Utecht never got on the field for us. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Anyone know who this guy is? James Rapien linked to him and he says Eifert is just getting it cleaned out and will be fine.
https://twitter.com/injuryexpert/status/735160948307197952
Reply/Quote
Seeing a lot of overreactions in this thread.
Reply/Quote
First round TE again next year?
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 02:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: Because it took them 4 months to realize he needs surgery? They rehire our old medical staff under the radar?

Worse. They hired the Reds medical staff.
Reply/Quote