Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BREAKING: Marvin leaving at the end of the season; team caught off guard
(12-17-2017, 02:35 PM)Millhouse Wrote: As much of some of us dont want Hue as head coach, he would be better than any internal promotion.

Somewhat agree. But believing in Hugh is like believing there is a cure for stupid. Since Mike Brown lives, we know it doesn't exist.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wonder what the other opportunities are.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Well the surprise makes me think they wanted to keep Marvin around, and I'm not cheering too hard until I see who the next HC is.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 02:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: As much as i hate to put this out there, because it's such a lazy hire...Hue orchestrated Dalton's greatest statistical season and he's more vocal than Marv.

With a gun to my head i'd choose Hue over any current Bengals coach.

This ^

I have a feeling those will be the only options Mike considers.

That said I do like Hue, but agree with Holic’s post about his ability to evaluate college players. I’m not sure how much say he had with the browns but some of their picks (and attempted trade for AJM) have me concerned. And Marvin spends a lot of time scouting with the FO and has clearly had quite a bit of say (although maybe not as much as I used to think if the Ross rumors are true).

I’ll take Hue as a coach any day but his scouting would have me worried on draft days. He is a great X’s and O’s guy, players love him, he focuses on fundamentals, he brings confidence and fire. There are a lot of reasons to like the coach in him and he is probably our best hope
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 02:37 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: With a rookie QB who was very raw and his college coach even said he needed another year to learn and mature? The browns could have 4-5 wins by now had this kid not been making the kind of rookie mistakes the FO had to expect when they drafted him late in the 2nd round. It’s not Hue’s fault they don’t have a QB worth a damn. I’ve been surprised how many games they’ve actually been competitive in this year considering how weak (and young) that team is.

What owner, other than Mike Brown, would even consider hiring a coach who could very well end up 2-35 in his last 37 games as a head coach, and just 1 win in the last 2 years.

When, in NFL history, has any team hired a head coach with Hue's record over his last 37 games?
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 02:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well the surprise makes me think they wanted to keep Marvin around, and I'm not cheering too hard until I see who the next HC is.

No doubt.. I'm sure it will be one of the Pauls - Nothing will ever change with Ebanezer Brown at the helm. 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 02:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well the surprise makes me think they wanted to keep Marvin around, and I'm not cheering too hard until I see who the next HC is.

Then why are they hoping they can hire Hue if he gets fired?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
I have a funny feeling that Marv and the Bengals relationship isn't done. I think Katie convinces him to stay and have a significant role in front office.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
So Marvin has been asking for an extension all year now all of a sudden he want out? BS. What actually happened was Mike said you can finish out the season but we won't be giving you another contract. All the noise about grumblings from assistants is due to the fact that many assistants are not having any job security also.
Reply/Quote
Nfl.com is saying Darrin Simmons like wtf we need someone from the outside otherwise this is just gonna be a continuing downfall
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Here is the the worst part of all of this. Marvin was being proactive in saying he wont return. Not the Bengals, but Marvin. So now, all decisions made moving forward, will be from a reactive front office.

If the front office was proactive in going in a new direction by announcing this, at least I would have some comfort in knowing they have a plan in place and are willing to make changes because they want to be better. However this is looking like this isnt going to be the case. They now have to come up with a plan in reaction as they dont have a plan going forward.

Heck I wanted Marvin gone as anyone else did. But I wanted him gone because the organization wanted to go in a new direction. I didnt want him gone this way because the organization now seems to be forced to, which makes things a lot more uncertain imo.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 02:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: What owner, other than Mike Brown, would even consider a coach a coach who could very well end up 2-35 in his last 37 games as a head coach, and just 1 win in the last 2 years.

When, in NFL history, has any team hired a head coach with Hue's record over his last 37 games?
He likes to keep his friends and family employed.   That'd be great if he was a roofing contractor.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 02:47 PM)McC Wrote: Then why are they hoping they can hire Hue if he gets fired?

Because he's the best option Mike Brown is familiar with, I assume. 
Reply/Quote
In these initial moments, this is my knee jerk reaction. If it’s a hire from within, Alexander, Gunther, Simmons......that might be it for me as a Bengals fan. I’ll be moving on to the Vikings or Chiefs. It’s Got to be someone else from the outside. Grimm, Patricia, etc. this is a crossroads for the franchise. Is this the time Mike Brown finally come to his senses and relinquish command of his franchise and let the next generation take over or is it gonna be more of the same shit show it’s been for the last 25 years. My spidey senses are tingling, but I can’t get a pulse on the situation yet. Only time will tell. But i do know one thing, I’m done giving the son of Paul anymore of my time, money and energy until something changes within him.

Until then, do you think I would look good in Purple?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Seems like there's something getting ready to happen but I can't remember what it is.

Reply/Quote
I'm just glad I can finally start rooting for my team to win again. My Marv boycott is over. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
I don't believe Ownership was shocked. The Browns are inept, but it being Marvins final season was clear as day.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Fully expect Guenther to use the injury excuse during his interview.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Must've been MB's bright idea to tell them on game day...

I've not been Marvin's BIGGEST fan but if I'm honest, I'm very worried.

Could see a return to MB exerting control over everything and hiring friends/family into Marvin's spot.

Explains the last draft and this disasterous season.
Reply/Quote
[Image: dumb_thinker.jpg]
Reply/Quote