Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BREAKING: Marvin leaving at the end of the season; team caught off guard
(12-17-2017, 01:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

So Mike and Marvin were clueless? Around here we call that Sunday. Or Monday. Or Tuesday. Or Wednes . . . Well, you get the point.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 01:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: There was also a report that the news was 'purposely' leaked to the national press, so that the local guys wouldn't get the scoop. A lot of stuff being thrown around right now.

This isn't new he's been bypassing the local guys all year

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 02:10 PM)McC Wrote: It would be such a Bengal thing to do, though, wouldn't it?

"A Bengal thing to do" would be to hire offspring of successful coaches.  Mike Brown is probably looking on MyLife to see if Bill Belichick or Mike Tomlin have children.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Oh jeez I hope they don't go this way..... I am praying for a gutting of the entire organization where nothing is left alive from this regime.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 02:04 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Ugh... Why make an internal hire if the staff is feeling shortchanged by ownership? Better yet, who on this grumbling staff would even take the job? 

If they do make an internal hire, I'd be okay with Simmons or urban. I'm not a fan of Guenther... If it's Alexander, I'm out. F*** this team with an iron stick if they choose piano man. 

Piano Manand Guenther should be gone too. Hell as much as everyone wanted Zamp gone I always thought Paulie should have been fired first. It was his shitty hand picked line players that was the downfall of this team. How he still has a job is amazing. Please cut ties will everyone on this staff.
Reply/Quote
Jay Glazer just reported that the Bengals are hoping the Browns fire Hue Jackson so they can hire him.

Not even kidding.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 02:02 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He can't be fired after the season.  His contract runs out at the conclusion of the season!

Right, but he can't "leave" either. If his contract is up, then he's no longer part of the team and as a result has nothing to "leave". His statement of "leaving" seems to imply he had the chance to be with the team after this season. Hence why I said he wanted to avoid being fired.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 02:18 PM)tBengal Wrote: Jay Glazer just reported that the Bengals are hoping the Browns fire Hue Jackson so they can hire him.

Not even kidding.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 02:18 PM)tBengal Wrote: Jay Glazer just reported that the Bengals are hoping the Browns fire Hue Jackson so they can hire him.

Not even kidding.

As offensive coordinator, fine!  As head coach, BLEEP no!  Hue Jackson has a horrific record as head coach with the Raiders and Browns.  To make him head coach of the Cincinnati Bengals would be a serious downgrade!
Reply/Quote

Not even kidding.

And I'm not the least bit surprised.  I'll go beyond that.  It's what I expect.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 02:04 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Ugh... Why make an internal hire if the staff is feeling shortchanged by ownership? Better yet, who on this grumbling staff would even take the job? 

If they do make an internal hire, I'd be okay with Simmons or urban. I'm not a fan of Guenther... If it's Alexander, I'm out. F*** this team with an iron stick if they choose piano man. 

It’s like mike brown doesn’t want any fans, if we have a lazy hire I’ll probably root for the packers. I’m sick of this pathetic organization
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 02:10 PM)McC Wrote: It would be such a Bengal thing to do, though, wouldn't it?

My thoughts exactly....Was there not supposedly some sort of plan in place for Hue to take over this year or last when he left for the Browns?  I would put my odds on this hire if he does get the boot from the Browns.  At least a couple things...I really believe the the players respect him and he does have a fire about him.  
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 12:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was one of the very few that didn't want him gone during our playoff seasons; however; back to back losing seasons point to a change needing to be made. It's time to bring in fresh blood. Just be prepared to have a 3rd straight losing season and a team overhaul.

I agree with all of this bfine.

I just hope we make a great hiring decision. I hope we hire someone with passion and shows that passion on the sideline. Gruden is my Christmas wish, but my fear is Brown hires from within. I think we need an overhaul of coaches, but don't see Brown firing Paul A. or others.

Most fans are celebrating, let's hope the celebration continues after the hiring decision. My guess is most of us will be very disappointed with the new hire, but hope I am wrong.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 02:05 PM)spazz70 Wrote: YES OR NO?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/browns-coach-hue-jackson-may-not-survive-shakeup-in-the-front-office-after-all/

Yes in a heartbeat, Hue is a good coach and could get the most out of this offense. I know I’m in the minority but Hue is probably the best we can hope for even if you don’t like him. Mike Brown is still running the show
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis Browns new GM.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Why would they even consider Paul Guenther? .. What has he done? His defense went from top 10 to bottom dwellers .. THIS is not a good choice
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 02:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Jackson may have the worst HC record in history of a new hire at HC if Bengals hire him.

Sadly, many fans will want a guy whose poor record speaks for itself.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 02:24 PM)Synric Wrote: Marvin Lewis Browns new GM.

Didn't they just hire one?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
And the lame duck gets lamer. He's been phoning it in for awhile now. He'll really be giving it his all now, won't he?

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 02:25 PM)McC Wrote: Didn't they just hire one?

Yep you're right my bad lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote