Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BREAKING: Marvin leaving at the end of the season; team caught off guard
(12-17-2017, 01:25 PM)grampahol Wrote: Shocking..not a peep on Bengals dot.. (not really) 
I wonder if the radio guys (Laph and Hoarde) will bring it up before or during the game? 

There will be a cursory mention before getting back to the Hobspin-like company line.  Dave seems to be as honest as he can be while still being able to get a paycheck from Scrooge McDuck.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 01:25 PM)grampahol Wrote: Shocking..not a peep on Bengals dot.. (not really) 
I wonder if the radio guys (Laph and Hoarde) will bring it up before or during the game? 

Dave and Lap are discussing it now. They said he shut down his foundation in the summer and it was a indicator, they said Mike Brown was caught off guard and even Lewis was with the leak.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 01:24 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Expect trash on his lawn in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .

Naw he’ll be showered in gifts for finally leaving
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 12:23 PM)thillan Wrote: !!!!!!

I wish him well, but MAN did I feel happy hearing that news. Excited for change.

I don't know about wishing him well, but i'm changing my tune about him a little, considering all the things he (reportedly) wanted to do in his tenure but seemed to be overruled by Czar Brown. 

I still don't think he has what it takes to take a team to a championship so the best i can wish him is "good riddance". 

And then there's the big middle finger to the rest of the Bengals organization for how they're viewed as a joke and laughingstock from pretty much everyone else around the league and country.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
In other news Paul Brown's grave site mysteriously moved around as the teams former owner and head coach turned over in his grave many years after his death. The inscription on his tomb stone suddenly has the words, "Damned kids" on it.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 12:40 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Ian Rappaport says to keep an eye on Darrin Simmons as Marvin's replacement.  Mellow

Yeah. That's the problem. Lewis leaving isn't the Christmas miracle everyone thinks, because Brown will still be in charge of the new change. 

As long as he is still breathing, the Bengals are ******.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 01:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Being reported by PDJ and Jim O. that Lewis did not inform the assistant coaches or players before making this announcement.

IMO that’s really crappy on his part. I sure wouldn’t want to try and win for him the rest of these games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 12:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I hope the speculation that either Guenther or Simmons will be the new coach turns out to be just that - speculation. 

In my opinion, they really need to bring in someone from the outside.

The likelihood of a coordinator taking over and PA being re-signed are infinitely greater than someone from the outside coming in with an entirely new staff. 

Reply/Quote
"Everyone" caught off guard but yet somebody leaked it.....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 01:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Being reported by PDJ and Jim O. that Lewis did not inform the assistant coaches or players before making this announcement.

IMO that’s really crappy on his part. I sure wouldn’t want to try and win for him the rest of these games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously? And we wants another job in the league. Certainly not helping his cause
Reply/Quote
Finally! I don't care how he leaves. Just be GONE!

Reply/Quote
For a "crappy" franchise, we sure lose a lot of people to other teams:

Gruden
Jackson
Zimmer
Joseph
Burke
Coyle (came back)
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 01:18 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Will we actually see an honest post-game interview from Marvin this time? Or just more giggling and "I'm ganna retire from this joint!!!"

He ought to start swinging punches with honesty now.

The only thing that would complete this process the right way (since Marv prob gave up before the season started) would be him waving his hand in the air disgustedly and walking off the field, sometime during the last game in Bmore. 

Reply/Quote
So the next head coach is likely an inside hire, most assistant coaches may jump ship, and even Marvin Lewis finally lost his patience with Mike Brown.

Good luck selling out next year, Mike.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote

On that note, time to tune into Bengals pregame and see what's up...

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 01:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It’s PFT......    when have they ever given the Bengals a fair shake?  Florio looks to slam the bengals as much as he loves to complain about the redskins name legal tampering before free agency.    

I'll talk to Mike at our next reunion.  
Reply/Quote
Thanks Marvin & good luck. I do think you are a good man but the time has come for change. Bengals and you will be better off.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 01:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: On that note, time to tune into Bengals pregame and see what's up...

I can't wait for the post game presser.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 01:26 PM)Rattler Wrote: Mikey Boy breaks out in song as he'll save hundreds of thousands on coaching salaries.

[Image: mikey_boy_slush.gif]

If he could only figure out how to run a football team without coaches, he would probably pop a chubby for the first time in 40 years.

Reply/Quote