Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Marvin will officially be back
Less than 24 hours after turning down four different chances from local beat writers to put an end to the rumors about his future, Marvin Lewis has gone on the record with his status for 2017. This morning, he told Sirius XMNFL he would in fact be back. Yesterday, Lewis was asked four consecutive questions about rumors during his Wednesday press conference. An irritated Lewis declared he wanted to discuss the Ravens.

Read more: http://700wlw.iheart.com/onair/lance-mcalister-7818/marvin-speaks-ill-be-back-15424047/#ixzz4UEZXSrPt

I really hate this organization. I'm about done until Brown steps down
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 10:38 AM)Trademark Wrote: Less than 24 hours after turning down four different chances from local beat writers to put an end to the rumors about his future, Marvin Lewis has gone on the record with his status for 2017. This morning, he told Sirius XMNFL he would in fact be back.  Yesterday, Lewis was asked four consecutive questions about rumors during his Wednesday press conference. An irritated Lewis declared he wanted to discuss the Ravens.

Read more: http://700wlw.iheart.com/onair/lance-mcalister-7818/marvin-speaks-ill-be-back-15424047/#ixzz4UEZXSrPt

(P.S. yes I know there's a Lewis sub forum but he's officially coming back unfortunately)

Unless the team moves on.... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 10:40 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Unless the team moves on.... 

Lol not going to happen because Mike Brown is a joke
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 10:40 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Unless the team moves on.... 

.....that ain't happenin'.....he's under contract.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 10:41 AM)Trademark Wrote: Lol not going to happen because Mike Brown is a joke

Agree but he isn't officially back yet... Just like the bengals were not out of the playoffs a couple weeks ago.
Reply/Quote
Two tickets in 309 for sale.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to think that I have the strength to boycott this team, but I don't. Just as Marvin will be back next year, so will I, emotionally watching every single game. But I do plan to come back with significantly less expectations.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 10:49 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Two tickets in 309 for sale.

I'll give you $.38 for the pair.

God damn this organization. The team and fans deserve better.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 10:55 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I'll give you $.38 for the pair.

God damn this organization. The team and fans deserve better.

I'll give you $.38 to take them.
Reply/Quote
Adding it in chat. He really doesn't give a solid yes or no answer, just dances around it. He seems so damn smug it's rather comical

Marvin speaks:
Less than 24 hours after turning down four different chances from local beat writers to put an end to the rumors about his future, Marvin Lewis has gone on the record with his status for 2017. This morning, he told Sirius XMNFL he would in fact be back.  Yesterday, Lewis was asked four consecutive questions about rumors during his Wednesday press conference. An irritated Lewis declared he wanted to discuss the Ravens.

Wednesday's weekly news conference with local media
From Bengals.com

Q: Yesterday, Chris Cooley said that somebody he knew inside this organization said that you would retire at the end of the year. Do you have any thoughts on that report?

Marvin: “You didn’t respond to it yesterday, so why would you today? It’s unfortunate that you can have somebody do something like that, I guess, and cause you guys work. So that’s unfortunate.”

Q: Somebody did respond yesterday and had a counter story, saying that that you were not going to retire...

Marvin:  “That’s good. Then you guys can talk about that. But if you want to talk about the Ravens, we can talk about that. If you want to talk about the other (story), maybe you should talk to Chris Cooley or somebody else.”

Q: So I would assume you’re not going to retire...

Marvin: “Again, if you want to talk about the Ravens, we’ll talk about them (laughs).”

Q: Is that type of stuff frustrating for you?

Marvin: It’s not what I have to deal with. You seem to have to deal with it more than I do.”

The Lewis File
Marvin Lewis is in his Bengals-record 14th season as head coach.
Lewis has led his teams to the postseason seven times, including the last five years. The total number of playoff appearances and the current streak of consecutive appearances are also Bengals records. The Bengals entered this season as one of only four NFL teams to reach the playoffs the last five years (2011-15), joining Denver, Green Bay and New England.

Lewis has 117 career victories, the most in Bengals history by a margin of 53 over Sam Wyche (64). Lewis’ record is 117-103-3 in the regular season and 117- 110-3 including postseason. The Bengals’ 57-36-2 record over the last six regular seasons (including 2016 games to date) gives the team a .611 winning percentage, ranked sixth in the NFL for the span.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Make it 15 years. But Paul and Jim confirmed this while back their BBP are awesome though I advise everyone to listen to those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 10:38 AM)Trademark Wrote: Less than 24 hours after turning down four different chances from local beat writers to put an end to the rumors about his future, Marvin Lewis has gone on the record with his status for 2017. This morning, he told Sirius XMNFL he would in fact be back.  Yesterday, Lewis was asked four consecutive questions about rumors during his Wednesday press conference. An irritated Lewis declared he wanted to discuss the Ravens.

(P.S. yes I know there's a Lewis sub forum but he's officially coming back unfortunately)

My prediction for 2017.  Lewis will be as bad as ever.  They'll keep starting Ogbeuhi (And Bodine).  Bengals might make playoffs with a third place schedule, but poor coaching will cause them to lose again in the first round.  Rinse and repeat.
Reply/Quote
I currently am building a man cave. Looks like I need to insert a medicine cabinet in my construction plans to hold all the Zoloft, Prozac and Pepto Bismol needed for Bengal games.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 10:59 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Adding it in chat. He really doesn't give a solid yes or no answer, just dances around it. He seems so damn smug it's rather comical

Marvin speaks:
Less than 24 hours after turning down four different chances from local beat writers to put an end to the rumors about his future, Marvin Lewis has gone on the record with his status for 2017. This morning, he told Sirius XMNFL he would in fact be back.  Yesterday, Lewis was asked four consecutive questions about rumors during his Wednesday press conference. An irritated Lewis declared he wanted to discuss the Ravens.

Wednesday's weekly news conference with local media
From Bengals.com

Q: Yesterday, Chris Cooley said that somebody he knew inside this organization said that you would retire at the end of the year. Do you have any thoughts on that report?

Marvin: “You didn’t respond to it yesterday, so why would you today? It’s unfortunate that you can have somebody do something like that, I guess, and cause you guys work. So that’s unfortunate.”

Q: Somebody did respond yesterday and had a counter story, saying that that you were not going to retire...

Marvin:  “That’s good. Then you guys can talk about that. But if you want to talk about the Ravens, we can talk about that. If you want to talk about the other (story), maybe you should talk to Chris Cooley or somebody else.”

Q: So I would assume you’re not going to retire...

Marvin: “Again, if you want to talk about the Ravens, we’ll talk about them (laughs).”

Q: Is that type of stuff frustrating for you?

Marvin: It’s not what I have to deal with. You seem to have to deal with it more than I do.”

The Lewis File
Marvin Lewis is in his Bengals-record 14th season as head coach.
Lewis has led his teams to the postseason seven times, including the last five years. The total number of playoff appearances and the current streak of consecutive appearances are also Bengals records. The Bengals entered this season as one of only four NFL teams to reach the playoffs the last five years (2011-15), joining Denver, Green Bay and New England.

Lewis has 117 career victories, the most in Bengals history by a margin of 53 over Sam Wyche (64). Lewis’ record is 117-103-3 in the regular season and 117- 110-3 including postseason. The Bengals’ 57-36-2 record over the last six regular seasons (including 2016 games to date) gives the team a .611 winning percentage, ranked sixth in the NFL for the span.

Huh... He didn't exactly shoot down the retirement rumors there. He called the Cooley report "unfortunate", and never gave a blunt "yes" or "no" answer...

I know it's all but a given that Lewis will be back next year but... That give me hope yet. Sure, it's a minuscule amount of hope, but it is hope nonetheless. 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 11:16 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: My prediction for 2017.  Lewis will be as bad as ever.  They'll keep starting Ogbeuhi (And Bodine).  Bengals might make playoffs with a third place schedule, but poor coaching will cause them to lose again in the first round.  Rinse and repeat.

exactly right
Reply/Quote
All hope is not yet lost.  Jacksonville and Los Angeles may take looks at Marvin Lewis for their head coaching jobs while the Giants might consider Marvin for defensive coordinator should Tom Coughlin take a job as had coach somewhere and hire current Giants' defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo to run his defense.
Reply/Quote
After 15 years, can you really call Marvin coming back "breaking"?
Reply/Quote
I was as frustrated as anyone with the team's performance this year. However, Marvin had ONE year with a significant drop off after 5 consecutive playoff seasons. Sure, there were some idiotic choices made (Ced O, Bodine, Hill) but the injury to Eifert, suspension of Burfict, and injury late to AJ Green were huge factors as well.

Marv is a lame duck heading in to 2017. He will either turn it around and the team will be back in the playoffs (which will make me very happy) or he will be let go and new leadership will emerge (which would make me less happy, but still happy if it is someone from outside the organization).

One thing I know about Marv's history is that he typically comes back from a bad year with a good one. The rest of the NFL is a giant "meh". Sure, Oakland is rolling, but would anyone think Oakland would roll the Bengals with the defense all healthy? I mean, since the bye, I think the Bengals are #1 in the NFL with roughly 15 PPG allowed. That dog will hunt.

The offense needs major retooling on the offensive line, needs a boost at RB (But Sexy Rexy has filled in very nicely, thank you), and a healthy Eifert/AJ for a full season.

I know folks will say that we need more speed at LB (we do), a deep threat at WR (again, yes), and a new Center (Lord help us), but the fact is that all teams have deficiencies. No team has a perfect roster. No team has unbelievable depth. This league is about staying healthy and making a few extra key plays over the opposition. Better make that about 5 key plays for the Bengals because you just know the officiating won't be on even keel.

It was a very frustrating season to watch. They will be back.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 12:17 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was as frustrated as anyone with the team's performance this year.  However, Marvin had ONE year with a significant drop off after 5 consecutive playoff seasons.  Sure, there were some idiotic choices made (Ced O, Bodine, Hill) but the injury to Eifert, suspension of Burfict, and injury late to AJ Green were huge factors as well.

Marv is a lame duck heading in to 2017.  He will either turn it around and the team will be back in the playoffs (which will make me very happy) or he will be let go and new leadership will emerge (which would make me less happy, but still happy if it is someone from outside the organization).

One thing I know about Marv's history is that he typically comes back from a bad year with a good one.  The rest of the NFL is a giant "meh".  Sure, Oakland is rolling, but would anyone think Oakland would roll the Bengals with the defense all healthy?  I mean, since the bye, I think the Bengals are #1 in the NFL with roughly 15 PPG allowed.  That dog will hunt.  

The offense needs major retooling on the offensive line, needs a boost at RB (But Sexy Rexy has filled in very nicely, thank you), and a healthy Eifert/AJ for a full season.  

I know folks will say that we need more speed at LB (we do), a deep threat at WR (again, yes), and a new Center (Lord help us), but the fact is that all teams have deficiencies.  No team has a perfect roster.  No team has unbelievable depth.  This league is about staying healthy and making a few extra key plays over the opposition.  Better make that about 5 key plays for the Bengals because you just know the officiating won't be on even keel.

It was a very frustrating season to watch.  They will be back.

Well said.  The coaching staff has 1 year to justify their existence, from drafting the right players, to playing the right players to solving (primarily at the OC position) the 2nd half woes.

You're right Racer.  Marvin's done it before.  Here's hoping he does a first class job of resurrecting this team.

If he doesn't the writing will be on the wall.  Sort of a win/win proposition.

Ready, begin.
Reply/Quote
It isnt official until the team confirms. So far Marvin just put an end to retiring rumors. #keepthehopealive
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote