Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSA Going (almost) Co-ed

They are going to admit girls into the program, but based on details for at least the Cub Scout level, girls and boys will be in separate dens, or there is an option of separate packs altogether.

Personally, with my experiences with international scouting, they need to just go co-ed and not half ass it like this. Just my opinion on it.
So do you get rid of the Girl Scouts? What's the reasoning here?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-11-2017, 05:46 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So do you get rid of the Girl Scouts? What's the reasoning here?

Pointless having them now. Just call it an outdoor club.
I was never a scout. But I never really saw the point of having two organizations.
I was in the Cub Scouts but got kicked out for eating Brownies.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-11-2017, 05:46 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So do you get rid of the Girl Scouts?  What's the reasoning here?

No, you don't get rid of the Girl Scouts, perhaps boys may want to join...

Toxic masculinity is the reasoning. 
Interestingly enough, we are the last western developed nation without coed Scouting. It was certainly a fun experience when I would go to camp in Canada after they went coed.
(10-11-2017, 08:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Interestingly enough, we are the last western developed nation without coed Scouting. It was certainly a fun experience when I would go to camp in Canada after they went coed.

According to the president putting males and females together is a recipe for rape.  Tread carefully, BSA. 
(10-11-2017, 06:36 PM)Benton Wrote: I was never a scout. But I never really saw the point of having two organizations.

Boys and girls develop faster apart. Girls are more inclined to try new things when boys aren't around.

This is why all boys and all girls schools are successful compared to coed.
(10-11-2017, 08:59 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Interestingly enough, we are the last western developed nation without coed Scouting. It was certainly a fun experience when I would go to camp in Canada after they went coed.

It's no longer Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts. It's just Scouts.

What a joke.

It's a shame because my girls would have probably enjoyed Girl Scouts.
(10-11-2017, 09:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: According to the president putting males and females together is a recipe for rape.  Tread carefully, BSA. 

And the Vice President doesn't trust himself to be around women without a chaperone.
(10-12-2017, 12:55 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's no longer Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts. It's just Scouts.

What a joke.

It's a shame because my girls would have probably enjoyed Girl Scouts.

I'm confident in your ability to teach them how not to correctly identify poison ivy. Plus I'm sure you can pay the big one a fiver to bully the little one so she will learn leadership.
Does this mean the end for girl scout cookies? God i hope not!
(10-12-2017, 01:11 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I'm confident in your ability to teach them how not to correctly identify poison ivy. Plus I'm sure you can pay the big one a fiver to bully the little one so she will learn leadership.

Na have one in Judo and one in show jumping. We are just fine.
(10-12-2017, 02:44 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Na have one in Judo and one in show jumping.  We are just fine.

A girl learning judo seems at least somewhat progressive, doesn't it?
Risky move for a declining organization. Try to open membership up by poaching from the Girl Scouts. Might backfire, might not.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-12-2017, 08:05 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Risky move for a declining organization. Try to open membership up by poaching from the Girl Scouts. Might backfire, might not.

They have been struggling for a while, now, but Scouting all over the world has been dealing with issues of trying to remain relevant. They had to have gotten the blessing from the LDS for this, otherwise it will be the death knell.
(10-12-2017, 02:44 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Na have one in Judo and one in show jumping. We are just fine.

(08-14-2015, 07:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Soccer is a girls sport. They can play with other girls.

yeah I get that you all try as well and I'm not saying that I rule. we just are raising girls and we have every intention of them being feminine.

You're against your daughter playing co-ed soccer and you are teaching her to be feminine (no surprise there as I'm sure the apple doesn't fall far from the tree), but you're okay with her grappling with little dudes on a mat grabbing each other by the crotch?

Also, you think homosexuality is a mental disorder and you pick show jumping for your other daughter?
(10-12-2017, 09:45 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You're against your daughter playing co-ed soccer and you are teaching her to be feminine (no surprise there as I'm sure the apple doesn't fall far from the tree), but you're okay with her grappling with little dudes on a mat grabbing each other by the crotch?

Also, you think homosexuality is a mental disorder and you pick show jumping for your other daughter?

The jumping comes in handy when trying to get in/out of the gated community your paranoid pseudo father has you holed up in.
(10-12-2017, 10:26 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: The jumping comes in handy when trying to get in/out of the gated community your paranoid pseudo father has you holed up in.

Also for getting the jump on children of color who walk through your gated community. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]