Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Target removes gender based signage for kids
(08-14-2015, 01:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I hate to break it to anyone who thinks society still demands that women stay out of male dominated activities/professions, but a lot has changed in the past 40 years.

That's the thing with society, it's very fluid. While someone might think that it's ok to deny rights to gay people, make their daughters practice being subservient, or whatever was considered the right thing to do 40 years ago because society said to, that's not what society pushes for today.

In fact, it just sounds ridiculous to suggest there's something wrong with letting your daughter play with science kits or legos or whatever other toys traditional were reserved for boys.

I agree anyone who has demanded females stay out of male dominated activities/professions, suggest they should practice being subservient, or forbidden to play with science kits or legos needs to update their point of view.

I just haven't seen a lot of that here.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-14-2015, 01:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree anyone who has demanded females stay out of male dominated activities/professions, suggest they should practice being subservient, or forbidden to play with science kits or legos needs to update their point of view.

I guess you haven't met the OP. When I suggested that gender neutral toys were ok, I was told that I did not live in a world where proper manners and behaviors exists and that I had an issue with women being feminine. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-14-2015, 01:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree anyone who has demanded females stay out of male dominated activities/professions, suggest they should practice being subservient, or forbidden to play with science kits or legos needs to update their point of view.

So you've seen a little.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

I had a baby-doll, when I was like 2-3 years old.
I turned out to be heterosexual and laid more pipe than Halliburton.
:blush:

(08-11-2015, 03:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And besides there is no way they would be participating in a Mens sport. 

(08-13-2015, 07:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I don't care what other girls do, they aren't my girls.    If my girls wanted to play an aggressive sport then they can play one with other girls.   I don't believe in Co-Ed competitive sports.  

(08-14-2015, 12:34 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Girls play sports with girls.   End of story.
(08-14-2015, 08:58 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Because I think it's ok for girls to play with gender neutral toys and would encourage my daughter to be interested in math and science, I have a problem with girls being feminine?

You don't make a lot a sense.

Why do you keep bringing up math and science? Your missing the whole point.
(08-14-2015, 09:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: Soccer then?  I played with girls who were better at soccer than some of the guys.

You are REALLY setting yourself up for a major disappointment unless you have them on THE tightest leash for the rest of their lives.

Lets be clear, what you are saying is you are raising your girls to do what you want based on what YOU think is proper.  Not that that is right or wrong, but you ar e coming off as "MY children will be polite and proper not savages" and really you're just doing what the rest of us try to do which is raise our kids to have a good sense of right and wrong.  The rest of us are just open to them doing something that isn't "gender specific".

Soccer is a girls sport. They can play with other girls.

yeah I get that you all try as well and I'm not saying that I rule. we just are raising girls and we have every intention of them being feminine.
(08-14-2015, 07:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Soccer is a girls sport.

Aannnddddd his ignorance seemingly has no boundaries.
(08-14-2015, 07:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why do you keep bringing up math and science? Your missing the whole point.

Math and science are traditionally male dominated disciplines.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-14-2015, 07:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why do you keep bringing up math and science?   Your missing the whole point.

Homemakers don't need math and science. Doctors and engineers do.

(08-15-2015, 12:31 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Homemakers don't need math and science.

Pretty disrespectful.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-15-2015, 12:34 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty disrespectful.

I agree. Everyone should get as much math and science education as possible. 

(08-15-2015, 12:31 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Homemakers don't need math and science. Doctors and engineers do.

And why on earth do you think I want my girls to be homemakers? Your taking quite a leap here in assumption.
(08-14-2015, 11:06 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Math and science are traditionally male dominated disciplines.

I know but what on earth does that have to do with anything we are talking about? Where have I said my girls can't do math or science?

All I said is they won't be playing any football or wrestling. Because they won't be playing sports with boys.
(08-14-2015, 09:52 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Aannnddddd his ignorance seemingly has no boundaries.

There isn't girls soccer?
(08-15-2015, 12:31 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Homemakers don't need math and science. Doctors and engineers do.

(08-15-2015, 12:35 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I agree. Everyone should get as much math and science education as possible. 

are you saying that a homemaker is not a good life?

You get upset is we use the wrong pronoun. Yet you have no problem trashing anyone who is a stay at home mother. Somehow lessening their contribution. This is the definition of sexist.

You need to learn some respect for women and the job they do running their families. Your too smug for your own good sometimes. You let your crusades come before giving others the respect they deserve.
(08-15-2015, 04:03 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I know but what on earth does that have to do with anything we are talking about? Where have I said my girls can't do math or science?

All I said is they won't be playing any football or wrestling. Because they won't be playing sports with boys.

I don't know. Honestly, I can't keep up with the conversations around here much. There is a reason I said I wouldn't have the time to be mod anymore. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-15-2015, 07:31 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't know. Honestly, I can't keep up with the conversations around here much. There is a reason I said I wouldn't have the time to be mod anymore. LOL

Lol
(08-15-2015, 04:01 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And why on earth do you think I want my girls to be homemakers?  Your taking quite a leap here in assumption.

You said you wanted to raise proper ladies who didn't do things males usually did. See what happens when you make assumptions?

(08-15-2015, 04:13 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: are you saying that a homemaker is not a good life?   

You get upset is we use the wrong pronoun.  Yet you have no problem trashing anyone who is a stay at home mother.  Somehow lessening their contribution.   This is the definition of sexist.    

You need to learn some respect for women and the job they do running their families.   Your too smug for your own good sometimes.   You let your crusades come before giving others the respect they deserve.

See my post above. For someone who just spent 4 days posting sexist garbage and suggested you want your daughters to be "proper ladies", you're really getting bent out of shape over someone's facetious post mocking your antiquated beliefs. 

(08-15-2015, 04:05 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There isn't girls soccer?

Yes!  And there is coed!  And you answer is?!?!?!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.