Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Target removes gender based signage for kids
(08-13-2015, 08:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Proper: conforming to established standards of behavior or manners; correct or decorous.

http://www.iwflsports.com/
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-13-2015, 08:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: That's no "raising proper girls".  That's girls copying their mother.

They'll outgrow that soon enough.  Then we'll see how your "raising proper girls" changes.

ThumbsUp

You were the one getting bent outta shape over this not me.
(08-13-2015, 05:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Is your wife chugging beer and slurping down wings like a wildebeast?  Or like a civilized member of society?
Would it be a big deal if a man did this?
(08-13-2015, 08:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes because playing a violent game really develops sensitivity.   Maybe that's why men have always been so sensitive over the years.  

Maybe you want your daughter to be violent and aggressive but that's not for us.  To each their own

This comment is plain ridiculous. There are millions of males who play football and are extremely sensitive and not violent. Why would football turn women into violent creatures? You think FOOTBALL is the reason for male violence? WTF??
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
(08-13-2015, 08:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.iwflsports.com/

Haha yeah no thanks. Last thing I need.

Fred may want to see that, he seems to be pushing his towards football. Maybe he can sort that out.
This is what sport mine want to do.

(08-11-2015, 04:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well if they want their girls to be boys then that lets their business.

I like how the guy that makes ^ this statement has no idea why people would be reacting the way that they are.

It's painfully obvious that some people are either trolling or just flat out unintelligent.

The constant (seemingly intentional) misuse of your/you're and there/their seems to confirm my above thought as well.

I still have yet to see an actual definition of proper other than "they're proper because they do what their proper mom does".

I really need to know what I need to do to make sure my daughter doesn't magically turn into a boy, apparently there's a good chance of that happening depending on what I let her eat and drink Rolleyes
(08-13-2015, 08:33 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I still have yet to see an actual definition of proper other than "they're proper because they do what their proper mom does".

bfine32 Wrote:Proper: conforming to established standards of behavior or manners; correct or decorous.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-13-2015, 08:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Haha yeah no thanks.   Last thing I need.  

Fred may want to see that, he seems to be pushing his towards football.  Maybe he can sort that out.

But maybe something your girls need.

What if they WANT to play football?
(08-13-2015, 08:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You were the one getting bent outta shape over this not me.

Not a matter of bent out of shape.  I have a 17 year old (soon to be 18 year old) daughter.  If you think just because they want to dress like mommy now they will never be "improper" you're more delusional than I thought.

And by that I mean even they don't act like savage, or drink or carouse, or have sex outside of marriage they are not your little girls forever and at some point they WILL be their own people.  Unless you're in a cult or something I guess.

Rock On
(08-13-2015, 06:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So the only way for a girl to be confident is to play with GI Joe's and Hotwheels?  And In turn does a boy become more confident by playing with Barbie dolls?

I didn't realize that you live in a world where there are only dolls or trucks. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Target is, and has been effed up for a while.. They have been putting Muslim women at check out, and allowing them to refuse to touch beer or pork, thus causing a lengthy delay to customers, while someone else comes to scan those specific items. The removal of gender based signage comes as no surprise to me. They have taken the "all inclusive" thing to the utmost, at the expense of customer's time even.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-13-2015, 08:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Proper: conforming to established standards of behavior or manners; correct or decorous.

Rolleyes

Conforming to the established standards of whom exactly? The hicks in Kentucky or the hillbillies with their heads in the sand in Florida?

Who is determining what is "correct" here? That's what we're asking. You guys can't just keep saying that being proper is proper and you have to be proper to be proper if you want to make actual sense of this.
(08-13-2015, 09:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They have been putting Muslim women at check out, and allowing them to refuse to touch beer or pork

I'm going to apply at my local supermarket and tell them that I'm a vampire so I can't be handling any garlic.

Seriously though, I understand beliefs and yada, yada, but it's not going to kill someone to slide a 6 pack past the scanner. WTF.
(08-13-2015, 09:50 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Rolleyes

Conforming to the established standards of whom exactly? The hicks in Kentucky or the hillbillies with their heads in the sand in Florida?

Who is determining what is "correct" here? That's what we're asking. You guys can't just keep saying that being proper is proper and you have to be proper to be proper if you want to make actual sense of this.

Society.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-13-2015, 09:53 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I'm going to apply at my local supermarket and tell them that I'm a vampire so I can't be handling any garlic.

Seriously though, I understand beliefs and yada, yada, but it's not going to kill someone to slide a 6 pack past the scanner. WTF.

Exactly, I can understand hiring them, they need jobs.  However, they could easily be assigned to something that does not go against their religion, like stocking the sock racks and such.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-13-2015, 10:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Exactly, I can understand hiring them, they need jobs.  However, they could easily be assigned to something that does not go against their religion, like stocking the sock racks and such.

If they need jobs, they can find one that doesn't require them to violate their religion.  It's like that Kentucky lady that refused to give a marriage license to two gay guys because of her Christian "morals"....it's your job to do it. Complete your job correctly or find a new one.  Well, it's not completely similar situations, because at least these Muslim women aren't breaking the law by not ringing up pork, but you get what I'm saying.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(08-13-2015, 08:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: But maybe something your girls need.

What if they WANT to play football?

Well they can want to grow wings. But we can see how far they will get on either of those.

Girls play sports with girls. End of.
(08-13-2015, 08:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: Not a matter of bent out of shape.  I have a 17 year old (soon to be 18 year old) daughter.  If you think just because they want to dress like mommy now they will never be "improper" you're more delusional than I thought.

And by that I mean even they don't act like savage, or drink or carouse, or have sex outside of marriage they are not your little girls forever and at some point they WILL be their own people.  Unless you're in a cult or something I guess.

Rock On

Precisely why we are doing what we are doing. So they know what bad behavior is and to not follow anyone to bad behavior.
(08-13-2015, 09:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Target is, and has been effed up for a while..  They have been putting Muslim women at check out, and allowing them to refuse to touch beer or pork, thus causing a lengthy delay to customers, while someone else comes to scan those specific items.  The removal of gender based signage comes as no surprise to me.  They have taken the "all inclusive" thing to the utmost, at the expense of customer's time even.

It's beyond the pale.
(08-14-2015, 12:13 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: If they need jobs, they can find one that doesn't require them to violate their religion.  It's like that Kentucky lady that refused to give a marriage license to two gay guys because of her Christian "morals"....it's your job to do it. Complete your job correctly or find a new one.  Well, it's not completely similar situations, because at least these Muslim women aren't breaking the law by not ringing up pork, but you get what I'm saying.

Law or no law. Do your job or find another. End of

Target should let the. Unload the trucks. That way they won't touch anything.