Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back To Bengals Games Only
Well, DTV folded under the pressure, with all the complaints about the anthem, and gave the Ticket back to everyone with no charge.

At first, that meant nothing to me, but then I saw that there have only been 6 NFL teams that have not had one person kneel, sit, or lift their fists in the air, since CK started all this foolishness, and the Bengals are one of the 6.

Soooo ... I kept the ticket, free of charge, and decided to watch JUST Bengals games.

I will see how this anthem foolishness plays out, but in the mean time, I will watch the games, but will not wring my hands over this team and pick it apart.

I agree with FIK on the game today. When you have two starting CBs go down in the first half, the star receiver takes responsibility for 3 turnovers, losing the turnover battle 3-1, a suspect running game and OL, a gimpy starting QB, against a 3-1 team who just came off an away victory, against a team that should have won the SB last year, getting a needed first down to 'finish' off the win, (which I've rarely seen them do in the past), all of this in the pouring rain, and come out with a victory .... it's a pretty good day!!
It's noble to take a stand by not watching games...but I doubt that the NFL cares or is missing revenue.
Wait so your saying if I call and complain DirecTV will reimburse for the Sunday Ticket I spent a boat load on? Whats the key word in getting this done?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
(10-08-2017, 09:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's noble to take a stand by not watching games...but I doubt that the NFL cares or is missing revenue.

It's about principle Pistons.  Some have it and some don't.

There will always be fans that will watch them, paint their faces, and live a life that only football can fill, even if the NFL was caught red handed at cheating and crapping all over them.  That's why sports like Big Time Wrestling are able to propser!
I'm with you on only watching Bengals games. I haven't watched a non-Bengals games since the Kaep protest started last year.

So aside from the Bengals, what are the other 5 teams that haven't kneeled, etc?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(10-08-2017, 09:57 PM)corpjet Wrote: Wait so your saying if I call and complain DirecTV will reimburse for the Sunday Ticket I spent a boat load on?  Whats the key word in getting this done?

Policy was after 2 weeks into the starting season, you couldn't cancel.  I saw on FB where they changed the policy because people were canceling DTV altogether in droves. They started offering to let people cancel and get reimbursed for what they have already paid.  I cancelled DTV before the new policy, and after they changed it, I called to get reimbursed and they offered to give me ticket for free if I came back. 
(10-08-2017, 09:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's noble to take a stand by not watching games...but I doubt that the NFL cares or is missing revenue.

If enough sponsors boycott, they will start to squirm, but that will never happen, because it's all about the money!!!
(10-08-2017, 10:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm with you on only watching Bengals games. I haven't watched a non-Bengals games since the Kaep protest started last year.

So aside from the Bengals, what are the other 5 teams that haven't kneeled, etc?
A bunch of idiots on this post....

I don't like mayonnaise....until Helmans stop making it, I won't buy anything Helmans makes. Give me a break and shut up. Veterans died for the right to protest, not for a piece of cloth..... what yall shoukd be mad about is the NFL charges the government for these acts of patriotism......so, with that being said, if there was no money involved, the NFL wouldn't even csre about a national amthem....so, what makes you think they care that you watch it or not... #CrazyHillbillys
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
(10-08-2017, 10:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm with you on only watching Bengals games. I haven't watched a non-Bengals games since the Kaep protest started last year.

I can't remember where I saw that Bake, I tried Googling just now with no success, but I know Dallas is one of other 5.
I can also attest that DirecTV will discount if you call and threaten to cancel.

Once I saw the reports, I called in and feigned some butthurt, sure enough, they offered it discounted.

Thanks Kaepernick!
How is it in any way "noble" to boycott something because some employees are expressing their first amendment right. Boycott if you want, that is your right, but to call it noble is anit-American.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
(10-08-2017, 10:39 PM)MrRager Wrote: How is it in any way "noble" to boycott something because some employees are expressing their first amendment right. Boycott if you want, that is your right, but to call it noble is anit-American.

Another one who probably believes that the upsidedown church vs state fiasco is actually law.
(10-08-2017, 10:18 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I can't remember where I saw that Bake, I tried Googling just now with no success, but I know Dallas is one of other 5.

Nope.

[Image: cowboys-jerry-jones-football-kneel-ap-me...13_992.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(10-08-2017, 10:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nope.

I heard that was before the Anthem though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(10-08-2017, 10:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I heard that was before the Anthem though.

Correct. From what I read.
(10-08-2017, 10:18 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I can't remember where I saw that Bake, I tried Googling just now with no success, but I know Dallas is one of other 5.

I'm with you in thinking Dallas is one of the other 5. The photo showed above was an act of solidarity done before the anthem.

I'm pretty sure Pittsburgh is another. Remember their staying inside move? The next week they were all out there standing. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Pence:

Quote:I left today’s Colts game because President Trump and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag and our National Anthem.

Trump:

Quote:He’s not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.
(10-09-2017, 04:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Your name calling and graphic video is totally uncalled for. 

Of course a non-warranted shooting should outrage folks. Link to anyone it has not.

People need to see these videos.  I don't care how graphic they get.  As long as people are crying over "flag protests", and not cops getting away with murder repeatedly, it needs to be shown.

...and here is the State of Utah's official website.  They apparently aren't very outraged, considering they decided to clear the officer of any charges.

https://www.utah.gov/index.html

Also, I edited my other post. You're right....the name calling isn't useful.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Well, the video got removed. Another situation where sensitivity prevails over reason.

For those who need to (people who are more upset that NFL players don't stand for a song than police officers getting away with murder), look up the video of the police shooting of Patrick Harmon.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(10-09-2017, 04:32 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Pence:

Trump:

These clowns are absurd. The people that eat it up are even worse.

Someone... Anyone... Explain to me how Mr Trump's statement isn't exponentially more disrespectful toward veterans than kneeling during the national anthem.

I know that I just wasted my time posting this, because nobody can explain it away.... Nobody. Don't even try to because you'll look foolish.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021