Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to Dalton we go
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 09:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's also possible that Mikey wants a "dead cat bounce" to push tickets for next season, as well as to justify keeping Taylor around for year 2.

Kinda hard to do that with an 0-16 team. But ultimately I don't think it's best for the team in the long haul. It hurts our chance (slightly) at the #1 pick.

That's my theory. They don't want to go 0-16...and I think management made it know to Zac that he's fired if they do. He seemed to say over and over they were going to Andy to win.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 09:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's also possible that Mikey wants a "dead cat bounce" to push tickets for next season, as well as to justify keeping Taylor around for year 2.

Kinda hard to do that with an 0-16 team. But ultimately I don't think it's best for the team in the long haul. It hurts our chance (slightly) at the #1 pick.

Sunday evening ZT says we're riding with Finley. Monday afternoon we're going back to Dalton. This reeks of MB interference. 

MB wants wins so he can justify standing pat and not have to admit anything.

(11-25-2019, 11:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He's exactly right. That's the problem in a nutshell with our owner/GM.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 09:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Maybe — but I have a hunch Zac Taylor is under significant Front Office pressure to NOT go 0-16.  Personally I think Zac is toast after the season no matter what.

God, I hope he's gone after this season.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 11:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Sunday evening ZT says we're riding with Finley. Monday afternoon we're going back to Dalton. This reeks of MB interference. 

It's just a perfect storm of mess. With a qualified staff...we have atleast 3 wins. Maybe more.

But, they hired the 1 coach not ready to be a HC.

They meet with Taylor EVERY day supposedly. I wonder what those meetings are like?
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 11:21 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Sunday evening ZT says we're riding with Finley. Monday afternoon we're going back to Dalton. This reeks of MB interference. 

Hate Dalton or love him, any idiot can see, by this situation, QB is not the main problem in Cincy. 

Can you imagine being a Bengal?
"I think I'm an NFL player. I have a helmet. I hear whistles when I go to work. So why do people feel bad for me? I tell them I'm a Cincinnati Bengal and they say 'thoughts and prayers' or laugh at me. People would not do that to a professional football player, right? We had a red headed QB, and I was told he was gone, but there's still a red head back there and wants me to call him Ryan. Now they say the QB is Dalton, and he looks a lot like the guy from last month."
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 11:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's my theory. They don't want to go 0-16...and I think management made it know to Zac that he's fired if they do. He seemed to say over and over they were going to Andy to win.

Yeah that's the feeling I got out of it too.

Yep. It also reeks of ineptness and not being on the same page.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 12:05 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah that's the feeling I got out of it too.

Yep. It also reeks of ineptness and not being on the same page.

I feel like Zac tries to say and do what he thinks they want him to say and do. And when he does, they probably like it.

But, I bet that 0-11 has them pretty upset. We just lost to a Steelers team with the worst roster I can remember them having.

That has to make management mad.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 12:23 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like Zac tries to say and do what he thinks they want him to say and do. And when he does, they probably like it.

But, I bet that 0-11 has them pretty upset. We just lost to a Steelers team with the worst roster I can remember them having.

It's not the losing that makes them mad, it's the amount of money they are paying him and probably control they gave him that is driving them through the roof. As a bonus, the freedom to hire his assistants at will. 
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 12:23 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like Zac tries to say and do what he thinks they want him to say and do. And when he does, they probably like it.

Which was embarrassing. Also embarrassing was how loud the cheers were at PBS when the Steelers scored. They easily outnumbered Bengals fans.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 12:23 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That has to make management mad.

I promise you Mike Brown, for all his faults, is absolutely furious right now. He’s furious at himself, mostly, for hiring Zac Taylor — and let’s just assume Zac said the right things in the interview. Mike believed those things and now he has buyer’s remorse. I imagine Duke Tobin isn’t sleeping well at night either; no one wants the 0-16 stigma on their resume.

Mike Brown has a few redeeming qualities. First, he hates the Cleveland Browns with a seething passion over how they betrayed his father. I totally get that. Marvin Lewis didn’t get fired until he lost to Cleveland twice in one season — and the same fate awaits Zac Taylor if he drops two games to the Stains.
Reply/Quote
Indeed. Zac likely hasn't been here long enough to earn their respect.

The fact they meet with him every day is part of that. Some of his statements in press conferences also have to have the family upset. He sounds clueless.

He could be their fall guy. It's easier to fire him than to admit they draft bad.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 12:32 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I promise you Mike Brown, for all his faults, is absolutely furious right now.  He’s furious at himself, mostly, for hiring Zac Taylor — and let’s just assume Zac said the right things in the interview. Mike believed those things and now he has buyer’s remorse.  I imagine Duke Tobin isn’t sleeping well at night either; no one wants the 0-16 stigma on their resume.

Mike Brown has a few redeeming qualities.  First, he hates the Cleveland Browns with a seething passion over how they betrayed his father.  I totally get that.  Marvin Lewis didn’t get fired until he lost to Cleveland twice in one season — and the same fate awaits Zac Taylor if he drops two games to the Stains.

The crazy thing is...like winning 1 game makes things better.

From 1-15 like we'll go into the offseason like Wow - We really improved at the end of the year!
Reply/Quote
Meanwhile, in Los Angeles, the Ravens are up 42-6 at the beginning of the fourth quarter. I fear Sean McVay was a one hit wonder — and his protégé Zac Taylor is a no hit wonder.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 12:39 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Meanwhile, in Los Angeles, the Ravens are up 42-6 at the beginning of the fourth quarter. I fear Sean McVay was a one hit wonder — and his protégé Zac Taylor is a no hit wonder.

Not a Raven fan, but I see them winning it all.

Another great organization with a no nonsense head coach just like the Pats.

Lamar Jackson is unreal!
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 05:01 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: At one point in time Ken Anderson wasn't the future when we drafted Jack Thompson.

Ken Anderson was a 3rd round pick and wasn’t on anyone’s radar except PB.
Reply/Quote
Man if we only had Lamar Jackson instead of Billy Price. He doesn't need a line He's Barry Sanders as a QB.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 11:56 PM)Destro Wrote: Hate Dalton or love him, any idiot can see, by this situation, QB is not the main problem in Cincy. 

Don't be so sure.......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

(11-26-2019, 12:30 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Which was embarrassing. Also embarrassing was how loud the cheers were at PBS when the Steelers scored. They easily outnumbered Bengals fans.

If you boys think this is the worst roster the Stoolers ever fielded, you weren't around for the Mark Malone and Bubby Brister years.....

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 12:32 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I promise you Mike Brown, for all his faults, is absolutely furious right now.  He’s furious at himself, mostly, for hiring Zac Taylor — and let’s just assume Zac said the right things in the interview. Mike believed those things and now he has buyer’s remorse.  I imagine Duke Tobin isn’t sleeping well at night either; no one wants the 0-16 stigma on their resume.

Mike Brown has a few redeeming qualities.  First, he hates the Cleveland Browns with a seething passion over how they betrayed his father.  I totally get that.  Marvin Lewis didn’t get fired until he lost to Cleveland twice in one season — and the same fate awaits Zac Taylor if he drops two games to the Stains.

Mike Brown ain't shit.....lol. He was sleeping in Baltimore FFS!  He doesn't give one iota of a damn about wins. 

Reply/Quote