Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to Dalton we go
(11-26-2019, 02:48 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: If you boys think this is the worst roster the Stoolers ever fielded, you weren't around for the Mark Malone and Bubby Brister years.....

Their defense is actually pretty damn good. Now their offense otoh...

Easily one of the worst I’ve seen since pre-Ben.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 04:53 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Dang it jim I wanted Dolegala to get some starts

Dalton is not the future not sure what they are thinking. He better not be anyway cause I am not a check down Andy fan at all anymore. ZT most likely thinks one win will save his job.

OK, I give up.....Who the heck is Dolegada ?
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 04:28 AM)kevin Wrote: OK, I give up.....Who the heck is Dolegada ?

3rd string undrafted QB we picked up this summer. He played some in the preseason. He kind of became a board obsession because of his name and his big arm.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 11:56 PM)Destro Wrote: Hate Dalton or love him, any idiot can see, by this situation, QB is not the main problem in Cincy. 

Can you imagine being a Bengal?
"I think I'm an NFL player. I have a helmet. I hear whistles when I go to work. So why do people feel bad for me? I tell them I'm a Cincinnati Bengal and they say 'thoughts and prayers' or laugh at me. People would not do that to a professional football player, right? We had a red headed QB, and I was told he was gone, but there's still a red head back there and wants me to call him Ryan. Now they say the QB is Dalton, and he looks a lot like the guy from last month."

I think the ol' prayer emoji should be in consideration for the new logo.  
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 06:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I have to admit that I wish we were still playing Finley because I watched the game with a pal of mine who is a STeelers fan and we were both bitterly swearing/laughing about the shoddy QB play.  If Finley threw the ball 50+ times he'd probably break the 200 yard mark, though!

Finley threw for 191 Sunday. Dalton threw for 171 against them earlier this year. 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 09:34 PM)TKUHL Wrote: This whole thing was kinda like one big ole I told ya so. Zac”So you don’t think things can get any worse? Hold my beer, Thinley your in” 3 weeks later, Zacs like ok where was I, oh yea ANDY get you ass back in there.

"Dulton get back in there'! "Eight losses aren't enough to see you aren't the Answer."
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 12:32 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I promise you Mike Brown, for all his faults, is absolutely furious right now.  He’s furious at himself, mostly, for hiring Zac Taylor — and let’s just assume Zac said the right things in the interview. Mike believed those things and now he has buyer’s remorse.  I imagine Duke Tobin isn’t sleeping well at night either; no one wants the 0-16 stigma on their resume.

Mike Brown has a few redeeming qualities.  First, he hates the Cleveland Browns with a seething passion over how they betrayed his father.  I totally get that.  Marvin Lewis didn’t get fired until he lost to Cleveland twice in one season — and the same fate awaits Zac Taylor if he drops two games to the Stains.

DingDing

Who do we play in 2 of the last 5 games ? MB would do anything to avoid being swept by the Browns ! He demanded AD go back in for that reason #1. The #2 reason he knows if we did end up 0-16 there would be more pressure to actually have to make changes. Fire ZT ? Trade players for picks ? Get a real free agent ? And with that basically admit he was wrong ! He'll do whatever it takes to avoid admission of failure, his ego is that big.

Like me and many others have been saying for weeks now all he'll need is a couple wins and a couple competitive losses to throw out there at the end of season presser, I can hear it now.

"We did some good things to end the year, we like how we got it together. We knew we were going to struggle early, blah, blah".

In other words we're gonna stand pat ! We're not gonna do all the things regular teams in this position would do. That would require me admitting I've been wrong all along. That would require MB to actually do what a GM does. He thinks he's above that.

His ego is more important than draft position or anything else.

This is the hell of being a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 08:12 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Finley threw for 191 Sunday. Dalton threw for 171 against them earlier this year. 

Dalton sucks less than Finley. Hard to grasp, but it's somehow possible. 
Reply/Quote
I had no problem with the Finley experiment... I was one of the people calling for it.
But, now that we've seen what Finley DOESN'T bring to the table, I have no problem going back to Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 10:02 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I had no problem with the Finley experiment... I was one of the people calling for it.
But, now that we've seen what Finley DOESN'T bring to the table, I have no problem going back to Dalton.

How can anyone who wants to win right now say Finley is the best option to win for us? I am not trashing him, he is a rookie playing behind a bad OL and missing AJ and Ross. But, Dalton is heads and shoulders better than Finley (right now), only those who don't want to win a game and get overall #1 pick and those who despise AD see it differently.

Finley got some experience as a rookie and showed he can be a good backup QB who could progress, they got the info they needed to make a QB decision in 2020, Dalton back or draft or sign his replacement.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 09:48 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: DingDing

Who do we play in 2 of the last 5 games ? MB would do anything to avoid being swept by the Browns ! He demanded AD go back in for that reason #1. The #2 reason he knows if we did end up 0-16 there would be more pressure to actually have to make changes. Fire ZT ? Trade players for picks ? Get a real free agent ? And with that basically admit he was wrong ! He'll do whatever it takes to avoid admission of failure, his ego is that big.

Like me and many others have been saying for weeks now all he'll need is a couple wins and a couple competitive losses to throw out there at the end of season presser, I can hear it now.

"We did some good things to end the year, we like how we got it together. We knew we were going to struggle early, blah, blah".

In other words we're gonna stand pat ! We're not gonna do all the things regular teams in this position would do. That would require me admitting I've been wrong all along. That would require MB to actually do what a GM does. He thinks he's above that.

His ego is more important than draft position or anything else.

This is the hell of being a Bengals fan.

Yes if they do as you say.  Win a few and compete in the close games they'll pull this.

Zac: "All we needed was the first win.  We were hindered by injuries and the team was getting adjusted to the personnel and staff.  This should usher in a productive off-season and a very bright future going forward.  Blah blah blah blah"

Sound about right?
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 10:10 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yes if they do as you say.  Win a few and compete in the close games they'll pull this.

Zac: "All we needed was the first win.  We were hindered by injuries and the team was getting adjusted to the personnel and staff.  This should usher in a productive off-season and a very bright future going forward.  Blah blah blah blah"

Sound about right?

Bingo

We'll stand pat with current players - no trades. Stand pat with draft picks, usual free agent dumpster diving.

We feel we'll be competitive with this bunch on and on.  Sick Sick Sick
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 09:55 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Dalton sucks less than Finley. Hard to grasp, but it's somehow possible. 
#1=sucks, bench him, #2=sucks, bench him. 1+2=still sucks. 1<2=we still suck. I'm no Einstein but the formula for success the Bengals use is definitely flawed. They use the theory of unrelitivity.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 10:17 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Bingo

We'll stand pat with current players - no trades. Stand pat with draft picks, usual free agent dumpster diving.

We feel we'll be competitive with this bunch on and on.  :sick: :sick: :sick:

I seriously think if Zac gets this win a few/lose close games scenario that no coaches get axed.

Now wouldn't that be a real tough pill to swallow?
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 10:22 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: #1=sucks, bench him, #2=sucks, bench him. 1+2=still sucks. 1<2=we still suck. I'm no Einstein but the formula for success the Bengals use is definitely flawed. They use the theory of unrelitivity.

They are playing the QB who sucks less.  Dalton is a kick in the crotch but Finley is a pitbull ripping off your nutsack.  They both suck and I don't want either, but there is some logic in going with the less sucky option. 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 05:16 PM)lone bengal Wrote: What a train wreck of a season lol.  The  front office and coaches look like they have no clue what there doing. They should have traded Dalton at the deadline. Dalton winning games and hurting draft position is the worse possible  outcome for this team long term.

This organization is flat out comical!

There are only a couple of reasons to start Dalton: 1) to prevent a mutiny in the locker room, or 2) hoping he shows very well to increase his trade value.

The problem with #2 is if he does well the Bengals will probably win, thus screwing up the #1 pick.  

This organization can't even tank appropriately.  I wonder how many times Mike Brown would've been fired throughout his career had he not been born into a sure thing NFL franchise and a commoner like the rest of us?  My guess is a lot!
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 03:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Their defense is actually pretty damn good. Now their offense otoh...

Easily one of the worst I’ve seen since pre-Ben.

Agreed....with the injuries and suspensions, they're bad. Shit Schuster and Conner are good ball players.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 11:00 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: This organization is flat out comical!

There are only a couple of reasons to start Dalton: 1) to prevent a mutiny in the locker room, or 2) hoping he shows very well to increase his trade value.

The problem with #2 is if he does well the Bengals will probably win, thus screwing up the #1 pick.  

This organization can't even tank appropriately.  I wonder how many times Mike Brown would've been fired throughout his career had he not been born into a sure thing NFL franchise and a commoner like the rest of us?  My guess is a lot!

27 or 28
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 10:08 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: How can anyone who wants to win right now say Finley is the best option to win for us? 

I hate to break it to you but 1-15 isn't much different than 0-16. I guess you may be happy we reeked to high heaven but it could have been worse if we hadn't beaten that other sucky team. If we win a couple of games then end up keeping AJ and Dalton and then have a reboot of the same crap next year will you be happy? We found out that Finley, like Dalton  can't handle the QB position with the line we have so our  QB next year is going to need help along the line. Jettisoning Dalton( 17mil), Glenn(9Mil), and AJ (18mil on the tag) would let the team buy o-line for the new golden boy(insert name here) and still be competitive for a top LB free agent.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 11:18 AM)Wyche Wrote: Agreed....with the injuries and suspensions, they're bad. Shit Schuster and Conner are good ball players.

It's really crazy to see that the Steelers still have a winning record with all of the injuries they have had. If Ben was healthy and still there, this Steelers team would be humming along. 
Reply/Quote