Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to Dalton we go
(12-01-2019, 07:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Man...the Bills rebuilt their offensive line and team using free agency this past offseason. They should be the textbook case for what we need to do.

Sign one big name free agent and use a 2nd round pick on O-line?

You think that will be enough?
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 01:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sign one big name free agent and use a 2nd round pick on O-line?

They signed Spencer Long, Quentin Spain, Mitch Morse who is a top C, Jon Feliciano, Ty Nsekhe, LaAdrian Waddle...more than 1 or 2 people.

And they drafted a Tackle in the 2nd Round.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 02:15 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They signed Spencer Long, Quentin Spain, Mitch Morse who is a top C, Jon Feliciano, Ty Nsekhe, LaAdrian Waddle...more than 1 or 2 people.

Other than Mitch Morse you would have been squealing and crying about those other guys because they were all from what you call the "garbage heap".

Miller, who we signed from Buffalo, was probably ranked higher than those guys in free agency and you called him a bum.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 01:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sign one big name free agent and use a 2nd round pick on O-line?

With the return of Williams and a replacement for Hart and a second round guard or tackle it would be a definite step in the right direction. I guess you would stand pat with what they have. Or are you just commenting to stir people up, this is my guess.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 02:29 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  I guess you would stand pat with what they have.

You guess wrong.  But I understand that you have to make stuff like that up when you can't address what I actually said.

My point was that Pistons was fawning over the Bills for signing guys that he would have bitched about if the Bengals signed.  The "one-playoff-in-two-decades" Bills have some luck signing lower level free agents and suddenly they are the "model franchise"
Reply/Quote

1-2 big-name FAs (at least one LB), a 2nd round OL pick, and a 1st round elite guy could be enough.

They have 5-6 DL who are doing well or have done well in the past (Dunlap, Atkins, Billings, Hubbard, Lawson, Tupou).
They have 5+ DBs in the same category (WJ3, Dennard, Phillips, Williams, Bates).
Their weak point on defense is LB. If you believe in Pratt, just need one more LB. Could get two to be safe.

For offense, they have a bevy of good offensive weapons. Tate has taken a step forward. John Ross may have taken a step forward.
If Williams performs to his draft stock, that should solidify one of the OL spots. Hopkins would solidify another. A 2nd-round OL would solidify another potentially. They can get by with Miller for a season. That would just leave either LG or RT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 06:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Dalton wins!  SUCK IT haters!

Here is a picture of me celebrating:

[Image: Tinmn80.gif]

Actually the Bengals won on a day where their starting QB had a rating that would have made him the 23rd rated QB in the NFL if it were his season rating. But I'm happy you're happy. I'm happy for the win as well, but more so for the team. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 03:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually the Bengals won on a day where their starting QB had a rating that would have made him the 23rd rated QB in the NFL if it were his season rating. But I'm happy you're happy. I'm happy for the win as well, but more so for the team. 

Thanks!  Im on hour 12 of the dance!
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 03:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually the Bengals won on a day where their starting QB had a rating that would have made him the 23rd rated QB in the NFL if it were his season rating. But I'm happy you're happy. I'm happy for the win as well, but more so for the team. 

Finley
66.9 rating - 167 pass yards - offense ran for 157 yards - 13 points scored - loss
39.0 rating - 115 pass yards - offense ran for 173 yards - 10 points scored - loss
84.1 rating - 192 pass yards - offense ran for 86 yards- 10 points scored - loss

Bfine defends Finley's performance.

Dalton
88.0 rating - 243 pass yards - offense ran for 44 yards on 25 carries - 22 points scored - win

Bfine insults Dalton's performance and seems to imply Dalton didn't play much of a role in the W.

[Image: giphy.gif]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 04:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Finley
66.9 rating - 167 pass yards - offense ran for 157 yards - 13 points scored - loss
39.0 rating - 115 pass yards - offense ran for 173 yards - 10 points scored - loss
84.1 rating - 192 pass yards - offense ran for 86 yards- 10 points scored - loss

Bfine defends Finley's performance.

Dalton
88.0 rating - 243 pass yards - offense ran for 44 yards on 25 carries - 22 points scored - win

Bfine insults Dalton's performance and seems to imply Dalton didn't play much of a role in the W.

[Image: giphy.gif]

bfine never defended Finley' performance; simply stated the performance that got him benched was about the same as the performance folks are gushing over for Andy. Finley had a rough stretch; Quit making things up. Dalton had a "part" in the win, but we didn't win because of him. I'm inclined to go more with a D that held a team that had gone 3 straight weeks scoring 34 points to 2 FGs. 

Is there anything about Andy's performance I said that was untrue? If you answer no then apparently you consider the truth to be insulting.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 05:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: bfine never defended Finley' performance; simply stated the performance that got him benched was about the same as the performance folks are gushing over for Andy. Finley had a rough stretch; Quit making things up. Dalton had a "part" in the win, but we didn't win because of him. I'm inclined to go more with a D that held a team that had gone 3 straight weeks scoring 34 points to 2 FGs. 

Is there anything about Andy's performance I said that was untrue? If you answer no then apparently you consider the truth to be insulting.

So you haven't been defensive towards Finley for the last few weeks? Fooled me, I guess. Either way, this performance wasn't "about the same" as Finley's game against Pittsburgh. How many scoring drives did Finley lead? With almost double the help from his run game? Didn't he have like 9 completions?

I remember someone on here who "gushed" about McCarron's playoff game where he had a 68 rating. The defense needed a pretty epic performance to keep us in that one, but I don't remember that person mentioning defense. Meanwhile, Dalton has a game far better than that one (and actually wins), and didn't even need the epic defensive performance, as he led us to 22 points without a run game. Now we're raving about the defense and downplaying the QB's impact?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 01:40 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So you haven't been defensive towards Finley for the last few weeks? Fooled me, I guess. Either way, this performance wasn't "about the same" as Finley's game against Pittsburgh. How many scoring drives did Finley lead? With almost double the help from his run game? Didn't he have like 9 completions?

I remember someone on here who "gushed" about McCarron's playoff game where he had a 68 rating. The defense needed a pretty epic performance to keep us in that one, but I don't remember that person mentioning defense. Meanwhile, Dalton has a game far better than that one (and actually wins), and didn't even need the epic defensive performance, as he led us to 22 points without a run game. Now we're raving about the defense and downplaying the QB's impact?

20 points actually, the defense had a safety. And I’d say he did need them considering how the Jets has been playing coming into that game. They had been scoring 30+ a game.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 06:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 20 points actually, the defense had a safety. And I’d say he did need them considering how the Jets has been playing coming into that game. They had been scoring 30+ a game.

How about the two dropped TDs? 

Also, I find it strange everyone is downplaying the fact that NYJ had the 7th d coming into the game, number 1 against the run.  Hmm 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 11:29 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: How about the two dropped TDs? 

Also, I find it strange everyone is downplaying the fact that NYJ had the 7th d coming into the game, number 1 against the run.  Hmm 

Drops always suck, but Darnold had to deal with a few big ones as well. And the one to Eifert would have been a pretty tough catch.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 12:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Drops always suck, but Darnold had to deal with a few big ones as well. And the one to Eifert would have been a pretty tough catch.

No doubt....Darnold had a few WTF drops.

Uzo just had a d'oh moment...lol. However, he made a VERY nice, clutch grab along the sidelines on the scramble drill on 3rd down that redeemed him. The one to Eifert was definitely tougher, but the ball had to be high to get over the defenders. I think the old Tyler catches it with ease. 

I gotta say, the line did a nice job against that defense, and the gameplan was obviously to get the ball out fast to help them some too. I think we need to get Burrow, and let Andy play out his last year to be the bridge and help mentor. I did like seeing Andy throw caution to the wind and sling the ball a bit instead of playing conservative. The benching may have helped in that regard. He and Boyd got us a nice DPI deep in Jets territory to set up another score. That's the best our offense has looked since Seattle.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 05:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: bfine never defended Finley' performance; simply stated the performance that got him benched was about the same as the performance folks are gushing over for Andy.

1.  It was more than one game that got Finley benched.

2.  The performance in Finleys last game was not "about the same" as Dalton's game Sunday.

Finley's last game...….46.2%...…192 yds.... 2 third down conversions.....2 fumbles...….9 punts and 2 turnovers in 13 drives
Dalton's game...……...59.5%......243 yds.... 5 third down conversions.....0 fumbles...….5 punts and 0 turnovers in 12 drives
Reply/Quote
Well he did give the team their very first win!
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 06:04 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 20 points actually, the defense had a safety. And I’d say he did need them considering how the Jets has been playing coming into that game. They had been scoring 30+ a game.

If we're going to bring up what the Jets were averaging leading into this game, I guess we should also look at how well their defense has played. Or we could just stop muddying the waters and admit Dalton played a fine game. As much as it pains some to admit.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 08:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If we're going to bring up what the Jets were averaging leading into this game, I guess we should also look at how well their defense has played. Or we could just stop muddying the waters and admit Dalton played a fine game. As much as it pains some to admit.

Who said he didn’t?

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2019, 12:01 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who said he didn’t?

One in particular...... Hmm 

Reply/Quote