Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backup QB ?
(03-24-2022, 11:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tbh it's pretty close on the overall talent. I just like the QB and RB better on this squad, and as crazy as it is sounds, I'd already say Chase is better than AJ Green. Higgins is better than MJ. Boyd is better than Sanu. They had us at TE. Everything on D is close.

Would be a fun matchup if we had a time machine, and I definitely believe that team could've won the Super Bowl if they had this coaching staff.

Dalton is older, worse, and at this point probably won't have any options where he'll have a chance to start. He could wait it out and see if something opens up with an injury, but that's risky.

Really this is all moot. Allen is the backup most likely. I don't have anything particular against the guy, just wish we could do a smidge better.

Quick!  Someone put Madden on in Simulation Legacy mode or whatever it's called and report back to us please!
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 08:33 AM)grampahol Wrote: I'm with you on this Nate.. Allen isn't going to end up on a Wheaties box anytime soon,  but he can hand off to Mixon all day and if he has to throw the ball he won't have an entire oline on roller skates anymore, plus he still has a few pretty good receivers who are pretty decent at grabbing those errant balls..   
If Joe does go down it'll mainly depend on what part of the season it happens. Early and it's the rest of the season that's one thing. A few games towards the end is another. 

Yes Gramps, it would definitely depend on how long Burrow was down if this did happen. All I know is Allen did have a 
good game as a starter against the Texans and they had a pretty dang good Defense at the time. There is hope for him 
with a good O-line and a running game to take pressure off of him.
Reply/Quote
I think Brandon Allen probably holds the NFL record for greatest single week drop in passer rating.

12-27-20 v. HOU....126.5 (29-37, 371 yds, 2 td, 0 int)
01-03-21 v. BAL..... 00.0 (6-21, 48 yds, 0 td, 2 int)
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 09:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think Brandon Allen probably holds the NFL record for greatest single week drop in passer rating.

12-27-20 v. HOU....126.5 (29-37, 371 yds, 2 td, 0 int)
01-03-21 v. BAL..... 00.0 (6-21, 48 yds, 0 td, 2 int)

Wow.  Sick
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 01:22 AM)Yogo Wrote: Quick!  Someone put Madden on in Simulation Legacy mode or whatever it's called and report back to us please!

There's a fun website called WhatIfSports that I mess around with for fun. I just ran this matchup - best out of 10. The 2021 squad won 8-2. Some pretty close games in there. 
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 11:55 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: There's a fun website called WhatIfSports that I mess around with for fun. I just ran this matchup - best out of 10. The 2021 squad won 8-2. Some pretty close games in there. 

Ah thanks!  Can't wait to check it out!  I wanna pit 2021 vs 2022 squad asap.
Reply/Quote