Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Band I don't like that other people do
Daughtry sucks ass, too.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 02:31 PM)McC Wrote: Foreigner--Want me dead?  Lock me in a room with a loaded pistol and "Cold As Ice" on a loop.

Journey--Foreigner makes me wanna kill myself.  Journey makes me wanna kill somebody else.

Rush--Where the hell is the beat?

The Who--I seem to be the only person I know who doesn't like them but it is what it is.  Four guys trying to out loud each other.

Who are yours?

I'll agree with you on three of those four - the first three. As with many bands (and I know I am not going to convert you, lol) the songs that got the most radio play for the Who were not their best songs. If you listen to the whole Quadrophenia album or the whole Tommy album you might find something to appreciate.

So, I would take the Who off your list and slot Van Halen in their place.

I agree with Jeff Lebowski also - I hate the freakin' Eagles.

As I get older though, I tolerate both VH and the Eagles better than when I was younger.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 04:21 PM)Wyche Wrote: Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Rush
Journey
Not really much of a Beatles fan outside of a few songs

Oh my god, thank you for not making me say it. Hands down the most overrated band of all time: The Beatles!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 07:24 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I know ya said band but F it !!

Neil Young.

I can't stand that dudes old lady flat voice.

Well, so much your ticket to Rock N Roll heaven. You just punched your ticket to hell, pal. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2017, 12:10 PM)xxlt Wrote: Well, so much your ticket to Rock N Roll heaven. You just punched your ticket to hell, pal. Hilarious

Could you sing that for me in an old lady's flat voice?

That would be much appreciated!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2017, 12:21 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Could you sing that for me in an old lady's flat voice?

That would be much appreciated!

My pleasure. Try this one on for size, to the tune of "Old Man" by maestro Young:

BengalsRocker take a look at your momma
You've bro-ken her heart
You're gonna burn in rock-n-roll hell
And this song is gon-na chart
You better learn to love Neil
It ain't too late to start
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2017, 12:21 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Green Day and Nickelback.  A good ear, nose, and throat doctor can clear up whatever they have that's making their voices so scratchy.
Well... if you're gonna give these guys medical advice you probably ought to steer Petty to some Vicks nasal spray or vapor rub.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2017, 12:26 PM)xxlt Wrote: My pleasure. Try this one on for size, to the tune of "Old Man" by maestro Young:

BengalsRocker take a look at your momma
You've bro-ken her heart
You're gonna burn in rock-n-roll hell
And this song is gon-na chart
You better learn to love Neil
It ain't too late to start
Well done!

I could hear it as I read it... and threw up a little bit.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2017, 10:58 AM)McC Wrote: It's hard to imagine someone liking John Prine but not Dylan.  The have so many similarities.

Just don't like Dylan's delivery and voice that much....he's ok, but I like Prine much better.  May have to do with Prine coming off as somewhat country, while Dylan is more urban toned?  I dunno, but I love John Prine, and I can take or leave Dylan.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2017, 12:39 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Well done!

I could hear it as I read it... and threw up a little bit.

[Image: thththstewie.gif~c200]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2017, 02:19 PM)xxlt Wrote: [Image: thththstewie.gif~c200]

I didn't know it was possible for ears to vomit... yet there it was.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2017, 05:34 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I didn't know it was possible for ears to vomit... yet there it was.

Like disco lemonade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2017, 12:09 PM)xxlt Wrote: Oh my god, thank you for not making me say it. Hands down the most overrated band of all time: The Beatles!

Rolling Stones are WAY better!  :andy:
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
[img][/img]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Never liked Nirvana. Never will. Also, never been a fan of The Doors. And I don't understand all the hate for RUSH. Guess this thread shows all the different tastes. RUSH and Pink Floyd are my 2 favorite bands of all time.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Megadeth. Just don't like them. Granted, they sound like they do on CD, but still not a fan of them.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2017, 10:16 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Never liked Nirvana.  Never will.  Also, never been a fan of The Doors.  And I don't understand all the hate for RUSH.  Guess this thread shows all the different tastes.  RUSH and Pink Floyd are my 2 favorite bands of all time.

I like The Doors, but not as much as a lot of folks do....and I LOVE Pink Floyd.....but replace RUSH with The Grateful Dead. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2017, 10:16 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Never liked Nirvana.  Never will.  Also, never been a fan of The Doors.  And I don't understand all the hate for RUSH.  Guess this thread shows all the different tastes.  RUSH and Pink Floyd are my 2 favorite bands of all time.

Pink Floyd I like but I don't like them as much as everyone else..

Doors and Zeppelin rank ahead of Floyd for me.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2017, 11:23 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Pink Floyd I like but I don't like them as much as everyone else..

Doors and Zeppelin rank ahead of Floyd for me.

I like both of those bands too.....but Zeppelin is basically an amped up version of old blues covers.....and they do them well.  The Floyd is the most original sound I have ever heard....yet to be even remotely duplicated.

Reply/Quote
Styx and Aerosmith.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote