Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bart Scott puts a "bounty" on Joe Burrow
After Bart went home, he put the pads back on and ran head first straight into the wall...... Pissed

I would think many of his former teammates were just as tired of his yap as we are.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
(12-30-2021, 01:16 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I hope the current Baltimore defensive players appreciate the fact that Mr. Scott just put them all under the officiating spotlight and microscope... I doubt they'll be able to get away with as much, now.

Goober up there running the show will have forgotten about this by the time these teams play next year. It'll sadly take an injury for him to remember it happened and take action.

It's just such a bad look for ESPN to have a guy they pay rant like a lunatic about a bounty on a current NFL player... just.. wow.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I’m more annoyed by how stupid he is. Nothing he said can stand up to any type of rebuttal.

Burrow gets bashed for losing to the Jets even though it was the D that cost that game. Burrow lost to jets so he’s no good but Herbert is great when he just lost to the Texans?

Burrow will regret this? He shouldn’t have poked the bear? What did the ravens DC do before the game? He was the one who shouldn’t have poked the bear.

Bengals crushed the ravens replacement team? Yeah that’s true but a month or two before this game the ravens were healthy and got beat EVEN WORSE! Maybe this was Joe/Zac taking it easy on them.

Did we actually score any points we didn’t need to? If we don’t score the last time it’s a 2 possession game and their offense had been moving some. Plus they just nearly had a huge comeback the week before. They were down 2 scores with the whole 4th qtr to play.

Talk about running up the score on backups? Look at the Ravens 38-3 win over the Burrowless/Mixonless bengals at the end of last year.
I've searched for an actual email for ESPN... no luck so far. Anyone have a good link/address?
(12-30-2021, 01:03 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I'm game... where would I even go to attempt such a thing?

I found espn phone #.. 1-888-549-3776
(12-30-2021, 01:04 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Absolutely.

The fact he gets paid for his comments is even worse but in that moment with his reaction I almost wonder if there isn't some truth to his comments at least from his playing days. 

He's definitely speaking truth.. How do you think he knew exactly how to explain how you hurt someone?
This is incredibly low trash by ESPN. This reminds me of when that Pitt lineman literally threatened Burfict on Twitter, yet Burfict became the bad guy.

This is worse because this is supposed to be an unbiased sport personality. You could tell the other guys on set were getting uncomfortable with it and trying to get him to stop.

This cannot go without some sort of punishment. I have never heard someone on ESPN like that literally threaten harm to another player. Sick, disgusting, trash.

That’s how I know we root for the good guys, when you have trash like Him and Pitt on the other side.
(12-30-2021, 01:33 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’m more annoyed by how stupid he is. Nothing he said can stand up to any type of rebuttal.

Burrow gets bashed for losing to the Jets even though it was the D that cost that game. Burrow lost to jets so he’s no good but Herbert is great when he just lost to the Texans?

Burrow will regret this? He shouldn’t have poked the bear? What did the ravens DC do before the game? He was the one who shouldn’t have poked the bear.

Bengals crushed the ravens replacement team? Yeah that’s true but a month or two before this game the ravens were healthy and got beat EVEN WORSE! Maybe this was Joe/Zac taking it easy on them.

Did we actually score any points we didn’t need to? If we don’t score the last time it’s a 2 possession game and their offense had been moving some. Plus they just nearly had a huge comeback the week before. They were down 2 scores with the whole 4th qtr to play.

Talk about running up the score on backups? Look at the Ravens 38-3 win over the Burrowless/Mixonless bengals at the end of last year.

Burrow is the bear.. Baltimore coach poked him and paid dearly..
(12-30-2021, 01:48 PM)Tony Wrote: I found espn phone #.. 1-888-549-3776

Believe it or not... I actually got to speak to a real person after being on hold for 5-10 minutes.

I basically said that I was shocked and could not believe that ESPN would tolerate a sportscaster advocating targeting another player for violence and injury.  I mentioned the whole "wrap arms while tackling so Burrow can't protect his head" bit, and as much else as I could remember... the "red dot" and mentioning "killers" on Ravens, etc.

I tried to remain as calm and sincere as possible, while still sounding extremely pissed off.

I doubt anything will come of it, but at least I was able to vent.
Just blowing smoke.Ignore him.Sometimes networks allow this junk to get a spike in their ratings.
Time to make #FireBartScott start trending!
(12-30-2021, 02:10 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Just blowing smoke.Ignore him.Sometimes networks allow this junk to get a spike in their ratings.

That LAST thing we should do is ignore him.  More like... get his ass fired.

#FireBartScott
(12-30-2021, 12:39 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If you haven't seen get up yet, I'm sure you can find the clip on Twitter. I'll try to find it and link it once I'm not on my phone, but Bart Scott literally said Burrow would regret what he did and that the "order" has already been sent. Couldn't make out what he called it as everyone else was laughing at him.

That being said after the Carson situation, this just isn't cool for a media guy to talk about wanting his former team to take a guy out.

First, Who the Heck is Bart Scott ???

It appears he is an ESPN Talking Head

Second, Where the Heck is The NFL on This ???

If you can't even point a finger at a guy because that is now Taunting.  BOUNTY ???  Really, a BOUNTY to injure Joe Burrow.  Bart Scott is going to pay a BOUNTY to whoever injures Joe Burrow.  Where in the Heck is The NFL Comish and League on THIS.  Why is Mike Brown and Family not raising hell with the NFL over THIS.   

From Mike Brown up to The NFL Headquarters to ESPN ownership, this Bart Scott should be Fired.  Actually, putting a Bounty on somebody, he should be arrested.  If I would pay somebody to injure somebody, then I'm guilty of a Crime right then and there.  

This is not some Sports Funny, Ha, Ha.  Anything Goes, It's All Good.....NO.   Bart Scott should be arrested.  Mike Brown & Family and The NFL should be all over ESPN and Bart Scott.   If they are NOT, then please don't have the NFL say that they care so much about the Players Safety.  Don't have a Taunting Rule and then let people put BOUNTIES on players.  

This is no Joke.   Some of you will think everything in life is a joke, especially the kids on here.  This is no Joke, in fact paying somebody to kill or injure somebody is a Felony. Right now Bart Scott is guilty of a Felony. 

IF the NFL really means it when they say they are trying to cut back on all the injuries to players, then The NFL can not allow such things as Bounties To Injure a Player, especially a Franchise Quarterback Player. Here is where we find out if The NFL is for players safety or not. IF the NFL allows Bounties, then all the other rules to avoid injuries are total Bull.
1968 Bengal Fan
(12-30-2021, 02:15 PM)kevin Wrote: First, Who the Heck is Bart Scott ???

It appears he is an ESPN Talking Head

Second, Where the Heck is The NFL on This ???

If you can't even point a finger at a guy because that is now Taunting.  BOUNTY ???  Really, a BOUNTY to injure Joe Burrow.  Bart Scott is going to pay a BOUNTY to whoever injures Joe Burrow.  Where in the Heck is The NFL Comish and League on THIS.  Why is Mike Brown and Family not raising hell with the NFL over THIS.   

From Mike Brown up to The NFL Headquarters to ESPN ownership, this Bart Scott should be Fired.  Actually, putting a Bounty on somebody, he should be arrested.  If I would pay somebody to injure somebody, then I'm guilty of as Crime right then and there.  

This is not some Sports Funny, Ha, Ha.  Anything Goes, It's All Good.....NO.   Bart Scott should be arrested.  Mike Brown & Family and The NFL should be all over ESPN and Bart Scott.   If they are NOT, then please don't have the NFL say that they care so much about the Players Safety.  Don't have a Taunting Rule and then let people put BOUNTIES on players.  

This is no Joke.   Some of you will think everything in life is a joke, especially the kids on here.  This is no Joke, in fact paying somebody to kill or injure somebody is a Felony. Right now Bart Scott is guilty of a Felony. 

I don't think he ever actually offered money... hence why "bounty" is in quotes.  (Watch the video, link is here in the thread)
What he did was suggest that Ravens will be out to injure Burrow, from now on.
He even suggested tackling Burrow while wrapping his arms up, so that he can't protect his head when falling.
It was disgusting and unprofessional, and Scott deserves to be fired for it.
The Ravens only won a playoff game one season ('08) while Scott played for them. They had a losing record 3 of the 7 years he played for them and were only 7-7 against the Bengals.
I LOVE that he's so butt-hurt and trying to act like a tough guy!

All the other announcers are talking him up and Bart's trying to bash him!

It's hilarious because the Ravens players have to be pissed that he's putting this kind of pressure on them when their two-holes still hurt from Burrow bending them over!

It has to put pressure on them when they're already feeling defeated!

I hope they come to Cinci in the playoffs and just get embarrassed and demoralized!
(12-30-2021, 02:20 PM)Tomkat Wrote:  
I don't think he ever actually offered money... hence why "bounty" is in quotes.  (Watch the video, link is here in the thread)
What he did was suggest that Ravens will be out to injure Burrow, from now on.
He even suggested tackling Burrow while wrapping his arms up, so that he can't protect his head when falling.
It was disgusting and unprofessional, and Scott deserves to be fired for it.

Yes, Bart Scott should be FIRED NOW.   Thom Brennaman got fired for saying something when he thought his microphone was off, and it was nothing as wrong as wanting people injured.   We live in a very WOKE society where you are punished for the slightest thing and yet ultra violence is acceptable.  If Thom Brennamann gor fired, then Bart Scott should be Fired for saying far worse.  If Bart Scott is NOT fired, then Thom Brennaman should be rehired.  End the Double Standards. 

Joe Burrow beat the Ravens, and that is all he did. If all quarterbacks are to be injured for winning games, then the NFL might as well go out of business because they will have no quarterbacks and no fans. If the Ravens were to injure Joe Burrow on purpose, would the Bengals not then injure Lemar Jackson on the next play, you know they would. The NFL better not let this garbage start to happen. And what is the point of The NFL Draft if all good drafted players like Burrow are going to be injured on purpose. This is something The NFL better get on top of if they want to have an NFL.
1968 Bengal Fan
(12-30-2021, 02:45 PM)kevin Wrote: Yes, Bart Scott should be FIRED NOW.   Thom Brennaman got fired for saying something when he though his mike was off, and it was nothing as wrong as wanting people injured.   We live in a very WOKE society where you are punished for the slightest thing and yet ultra violence is acceptable.  If Thom Brennamann gor fired, then Bart Scott should be Fired for saying far worse.  If Bart Scott is NOT fired, then Thom Brennaman should be rehired.  End the Double Standards. 

Do not turn this into a P&R thread.

(12-30-2021, 01:21 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Goober up there running the show will have forgotten about this by the time these teams play next year. It'll sadly take an injury for him to remember it happened and take action.

It can only be forgotten if we let it be forgotten.  Bengals should send this tape to the NFL head office and NFL officiating every Ravens game for the rest of Burrow's career.

Scott hates the Bengals.   It may have something to do with the fact that his Ravens were only about .500 against the Bengals.  The Ravens have never consistently beaten the Bengals the way the Steelers have (in the past).  In the divisional battle those losses must have hurt really bad.

He was on the '09 Jets that beat the Bengals in the Wildcard round.   Here he is talking about that win before the Jets game earlier this year.  Skip to 5:00 in to hear his deep respect for the Queen City.

https://sports.yahoo.com/remembering-jets-bengals-2010-playoff-184506468.html

Scott seems like someone who likes to dream up grievances to get hyped up.  "It was a lack of disrespect!"
Chad Johnson
@ochocinco
Oh cry me a f***** river Bartholomew #WhoDeyBitch

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.