Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bart Scott puts a "bounty" on Joe Burrow
(12-30-2021, 02:05 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Believe it or not... I actually got to speak to a real person after being on hold for 5-10 minutes.

I basically said that I was shocked and could not believe that ESPN would tolerate a sportscaster advocating targeting another player for violence and injury.  I mentioned the whole "wrap arms while tackling so Burrow can't protect his head" bit, and as much else as I could remember... the "red dot" and mentioning "killers" on Ravens, etc.

I tried to remain as calm and sincere as possible, while still sounding extremely pissed off.

I doubt anything will come of it, but at least I was able to vent.

i lodged my complaint at that number as well and spoke with a live agent. I basically read what was posted on si.com (below) and how horrendous that ESPN, through their analyst Scott, is calling for hurting a quarterback, one who was already seriously injured.

This is what SI.com posted;

"You won a lifetime career of ass kicking from the Baltimore Ravens," Scott said on Thursday morning. "Zac Taylor you're involved in this too. You wanna sit up here and run the score up. You won't get the benefit of the doubt. It's called red dot. Every Raven and former Raven understands what the red dot means. You can be swagged out, you're not no tough guys. You will not get the benefit of the doubt. I guarantee you he will not last long in this division. They're gonna make sure they become head hunters whenever they go against him. He gonna get the rib shot, he gonna get the neck shot, he gonna get the tackle his arms, make his head bounce off the ground shot, he gettin all that.

"They still got killas and Cincinnati, they got nice athletes, but they ain't got no killas over there."
I'll bet his head really exploded when Andy and Tyler knocked the Ravens out of the playoffs a few years ago.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
You can always count on Chad to back the Bengals. Still a world class trash talker.

And Bart, it was nice of you to admit Cincinnati does have some “killers”, or did they not teach you about double negatives at Southern Illinois?
(12-30-2021, 12:39 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If you haven't seen get up yet, I'm sure you can find the clip on Twitter. I'll try to find it and link it once I'm not on my phone, but Bart Scott literally said Burrow would regret what he did and that the "order" has already been sent. Couldn't make out what he called it as everyone else was laughing at him.

That being said after the Carson situation, this just isn't cool for a media guy to talk about wanting his former team to take a guy out.

You know this board and Bengaldom are more powerful that people realize. Look at how we pile the votes in for weekly awards. Ja'Marr has more belts than Men's Warehouse at this point. Lets use some of that mojo to put the pressure on ESPN to make this jackass pay. Anyone who knows a former college or NFL player suffering CTE knows its devastating to watch. A family friend of ours played in the NFL at a high level and he has massive memory loss from CTE. Bart is out here openly wanting dirty hits to be laid on our QB. Eff this guy.
(12-30-2021, 01:48 PM)Tony Wrote: I found espn phone #.. 1-888-549-3776

Option 5 to get a live person, re: things on TV.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(12-30-2021, 02:05 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Believe it or not... I actually got to speak to a real person after being on hold for 5-10 minutes.

I basically said that I was shocked and could not believe that ESPN would tolerate a sportscaster advocating targeting another player for violence and injury.  I mentioned the whole "wrap arms while tackling so Burrow can't protect his head" bit, and as much else as I could remember... the "red dot" and mentioning "killers" on Ravens, etc.

I tried to remain as calm and sincere as possible, while still sounding extremely pissed off.

I doubt anything will come of it, but at least I was able to vent.

lol. I got through immediately about 5 minutes ago. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(12-30-2021, 01:55 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: This is incredibly low trash by ESPN. This reminds me of when that Pitt lineman literally threatened Burfict on Twitter, yet Burfict became the bad guy.

This is worse because this is supposed to be an unbiased sport personality. You could tell the other guys on set were getting uncomfortable with it and trying to get him to stop.

This cannot go without some sort of punishment. I have never heard someone on ESPN like that literally threaten harm to another player. Sick, disgusting, trash.

That’s how I know we root for the good guys, when you have trash like Him and Pitt on the other side.

I can't imagine that Mike Greenberg would have let him go on like that if he'd been there. Greeny's been around long enough to recognize when someone is making a huge mistake in that way.
I'm gonna go all Vince Williams from the Steelers a few years back... Threatening Vontaze on Twitter.

If Bart Scott ever comes to Dayton, I'ma paint him. If I ever meet someone who just happens to be named Bart Scott... Red dot mouther****er!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
LOL LOL LOL

What a scumbag! Is he facing termination over this? Imagine if Burfict said something like this on the air… he’s probably be forced to make an on-air apology and led off the premises in handcuffs
The guy should be fired immediately; if not brought up on civil charges for hate speech.

I'll definitely be calling the number and inquire as to them having any recourse.

Applauding a franchise that employed Ray Lewis as "Killas" is as bush league as it gets.

I also sent them a message on their facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=ESPN) as follows:

"I was appalled today to see this network allow Bart Scott to rant about calling for the Ravens "Killers" to injure a young up and coming QB in Joe Burrow"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Honestly ESPN has been trending toward shite for years. Pardon the Interruption is probably still solid, but the last thing I enjoyed from that network was Dan LeBetard. I haven't watched or listened since they canned him. I truly hate everything about their MNF presentation. The crowd is faded out. I don't wanna hear pads crack, and their commentators suck... Oh and **** Bart Scott.... And his mama.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
ESPN doesn't care, but I imagine Disney might if it starts to hurt their image.
(12-30-2021, 02:57 PM)Roland Wrote: It can only be forgotten if we let it be forgotten.  Bengals should send this tape to the NFL head office and NFL officiating every Ravens game for the rest of Burrow's career.

Scott hates the Bengals.   It may have something to do with the fact that his Ravens were only about .500 against the Bengals.  The Ravens have never consistently beaten the Bengals the way the Steelers have (in the past).  In the divisional battle those losses must have hurt really bad.

He was on the '09 Jets that beat the Bengals in the Wildcard round.   Here he is talking about that win before the Jets game earlier this year.  Skip to 5:00 in to hear his deep respect for the Queen City.

https://sports.yahoo.com/remembering-jets-bengals-2010-playoff-184506468.html

Scott seems like someone who likes to dream up grievances to get hyped up.  "It was a lack of disrespect!"

What a bonehead.

And Jones was *3rd* in the league in rushing that year. CJ had 2,006 yards.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Let's remember ESPN has been trash for a while now. Remember when they finally had to fire a certain commentator and put the word out to the rest that they are there for SPORTS news and commentary not politics? Or how they have blatantly played cheerleader for select franchises?

NFL Network for its issues at least is generally neutral and has actual football commentary. And yes I know Kay is pretty blatantly a Bengals fan but notice she doesn't let it interfere with her reasoning skills.
Scott is also a frequent guest on Sirius NFL. He should be banned from all NFL shows across all networks. 
He's old school Ravens, and the Ravens ripped off the Steelers philosophy of "mentally bully your opponent, and if that doesn't work, physically injure them". Fortunately the NFL has cracked down on that BS, and that's partly why the Steelers and Ravens haven't won a title in the past decade.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(12-30-2021, 02:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Ravens only won a playoff game one season ('08) while Scott played for them.  They had a losing record 3 of the 7 years he played for them and were only 7-7 against the Bengals.

Now these are some Fred numbers I enjoy..
(12-30-2021, 04:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The guy should be fired immediately; if not brought up on civil charges for hate speech.

I'll definitely be calling the number and inquire as to them having any recourse.

Applauding a franchise that employed Ray Lewis as "Killas" is as bush league as it gets.

I also sent them a message on their facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=ESPN) as follows:

"I was appalled today to see this network allow Bart Scott to rant about calling for the Ravens "Killers" to injure a young up and coming QB in Joe Burrow"

Hell, they're promoting the segment:

Anything for views I guess. Pretty f'n sad. Whatever
(12-30-2021, 12:55 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Listening to that jackass spout off makes me furious.... He acts like there are no other professional athletes on the other sideline... like the Ravens are the only team allowed to be "good." He speaks about some "culture," as if culture can never change. The Patriots were ALWAYS good and ALWAYS will be... right? BULLSHIT. I remember when the Patriots were a joke. This guy's a flippin' idiot.

The Ravens themselves were crap in their first 4 years of existence, and longer that if you consider they're really just the old Browns.

They were .500 or below in 9 of 10 seasons leading up to that 2000 title, with 8 losing seasons.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
i just messaged both ESPN and SIRIUS/XM about why they haven't publicy denounced his statement and fired him. Roger Goodell is next.