Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle for Seeding or Rest Battered Starters?
(12-24-2022, 12:19 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is a real thing, both on social media  Sickand places like ESPN.  There are several that think Buffalo would have beat the Rams in the Super Bowl and should have been the team to represent the AFC.  It's crap, but I hear it. 

It doesn't really matter.  I'm pretty much deaf to crap like that and don't pay attention.  

I don't know what you're watching, but i scour youtube all week long for bengals content and i've not heard that even once all year. Must have been some podcast from some nobody or a Bills fan. Big Grin

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have never won back to back division titles. 

The Cincinnati Burrows are all about breaking streaks and nevers. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 12:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wouldn't pin my hopes on Seattle as much as i would the Raiders in LV. They'd love nothing more than to beat KC...simply to beat KC. They don't like each other. Knocking them out of #1 would be icing on the cake.

Problem with the Raiders is they blew SO MANY leads early in the season, they are all but eliminated.  They will likely sit guys that have nagging injuries the last week of the season as they will most likely be eliminated.

I would agree with you if they were playing the Raiders today and Seattle week 18.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 12:33 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Referencing the 7-9 Seahawks.... that anomaly

The Seattle stadium where it’s a huge home field advantage compared to jax or tennesse....

Please stop and think

That is just one game.  Forget it.  You don' get it. 
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 12:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't know what you're watching, but i scour youtube all week long for bengals content and i've not heard that even once all year. Must have been some podcast from some nobody or a Bills fan. Big Grin

Adam Schein has said it numerous times.  Twitter if full of Buffalo delusional fans.  
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 01:02 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Adam Schein has said it numerous times.  Twitter if full of Buffalo delusional fans.  

That explains it. I never watch anything from him. 

Reply/Quote
If the number one seed is locked, rest the starters. There’s little difference between the 2 and the 7 seed. I’d rather see a banged up Baltimore team then Jacksonville and LA.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 12:32 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Dude... if the bengals don’t grab the 1 seed, they will eventually have to play a road game down the line.

Keep ignoring that an away game in jax or ten would be a honorary home game anyways due to those 2 teams having weak fan bases. Bengals fans will take over those stadiums. Without question.

You should all rather have your team rested up before the playoffs if both 1 and 2 seeds are out of the picture. This rah rah win the afc north build momentum crap is purely fandom nonsense. Zero logic behind it

I live in Jacksonville. Bengals aren’t taking over that stadium. The fan base in DuvAl is fiercely loyal and would come full force.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 01:25 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I live in Jacksonville. Bengals aren’t taking over that stadium. The fan base in DuvAl is fiercely loyal and would come full force.

From just last week:

Dallas Cowboys Fans (50%!) Jaguars Takeover, NFL Hot Ticket, Playoff Berth Pending - FanNation Dallas Cowboys News, Analysis and More

Quote:Vivid Seats is reporting that Cowboys Nation will own nearly 50 percent of the seats crowd at TIAA Bank Field on Sunday. ... and that this game comes in at No. 3 for the hottest ticket of NFL Week 15.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 01:25 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I live in Jacksonville. Bengals aren’t taking over that stadium. The fan base in DuvAl is fiercely loyal and would come full force.

Loyal Jacksonville fans are like loyal titans fans. They show up, but there’s not enough of them. Bengals fans at the very least will make up 40% of that little stadium
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 01:00 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Problem with the Raiders is they blew SO MANY leads early in the season, they are all but eliminated.  They will likely sit guys that have nagging injuries the last week of the season as they will most likely be eliminated.

I would agree with you if they were playing the Raiders today and Seattle week 18.

Keep in mind, teams that are eliminated and have losing records don't have the luxury of resting guys. Coaches and players are usually playing for their jobs at the end of the year. Whether it's for their current team, or another team. 

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 01:47 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Loyal Jacksonville fans are like loyal titans fans. They show up, but there’s not enough of them. Bengals fans at the very least will make up 40% of that little stadium

....Even without them expanding to the extra ~14,200 seats, their stadium still has about 2,300 more seats than Paycor.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 01:01 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: That is just one game.  Forget it.  You don' get it. 

You listen to Adam Schein so please stop
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 02:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ....Even without them expanding to the extra ~14,200 seats, their stadium still has about 2,300 more seats than Paycor.

cool
Reply/Quote
I’d rest

If KC played the early game and lost and we played the 425 time slot and knew that a win would be the one seed then I’d play seriously
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 01:47 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Loyal Jacksonville fans are like loyal titans fans. They show up, but there’s not enough of them. Bengals fans at the very least will make up 40% of that little stadium

How much you want to wager? I was in tenn last year it was 25 %  at best for bengals which still was still a great turnout.
Reply/Quote
I think you go for the number 1 seed. Make them go through PBS.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Kind of a bummer on how the seeding works... whoever gets the AFC South Division winner will be getting an easier matchup than playing the Wildcards likely (Chargers and Miami)

Really want the #1 seed.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote