Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Be On The Lookout For The Referees
Tiger

They want so much to keep us out of the SB.
Lets just stay on the lookout for questionable calls that are game changers! I hate this political sh!$ in the game but its very real!  Smirk Score early damn it!!!

https://youtu.be/CQmKAqOOFao
Reply/Quote
I've got their number on speed dial if they mess up, so I'll definitely be on the lookout Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I just said in another thread, I believe the NFL now makes a lot of money through gambling. I’m not sure how it works, but affecting the outcome in any way would be a disaster if discovered.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 09:32 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Lets just stay on the lookout for questionable calls that are game changers! I hate this political sh!$ in the game but its very real!  Smirk Score early damn it!!!

So they wanted us to make it to the superbowl last year and win our 1st game this year? Every game last year and so far this year has been a 1 score game. Meaning the NFL could have easily influenced it to make us lose but didn't...yet somehow they're still saboteurs? 
Reply/Quote
I've yet to see a good sentence beginning with "the NFL wants" or any variation on that theme.
Reply/Quote
Be on the lookout for....

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
The one things every fan base seems to agree on is that Carl Cheffers is a tool. 
Reply/Quote

Well if I thought anything it would be they want the bills to be in it more than they want us to be out of it.
Reply/Quote

Why would they, though? The NFL will likely lose money if the Bills get in, because the Bengals are red hot, viewership was almost identical to when LA and NE played, and more than last year, and that was WITH Tom Brady. Buffalo is a smaller market than Cincy and they don't have any surrounding states that give a crap about them. 

Bengals sell way more jerseys. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 10:26 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Why would they, though? The NFL will likely lose money if the Bills get in, because the Bengals are red hot, viewership was almost identical to when LA and NE played, and more than last year, and that was WITH Tom Brady. Buffalo is a smaller market than Cincy and they don't have any surrounding states that give a crap about them. 

Bengals sell way more jerseys. 

Some people are just weak minded fools and need to make up excuses vs accepting we had a bad game/just got beat. Its a self-fulfilling prophecy with these folks. If we lose it's "see I told you so" and if we win it's because "we were so good we overcame the system." 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 10:53 PM)TheFan Wrote: Some people are just weak minded fools and need to make up excuses vs acceotinw we had a bad game/just got beat. Its a self-fulfilling prophecy with these folks. If we lose it's "see I told you so" and if we win it's because "we were so good we overcame the system." 

Well said.

Reply/Quote
How this myth of the NFL just hating the Bengals and ordering the refs to put them down is so alive is puzzling to me.

During last year's SB run, quite some calls went into the Bengals' favor, including an easy to spot facemask from Higgins in the SB and a TD that was whistled dead and then counted anyways.
Last game, Bailey did not get called for blocking Andrews from behind. One would think Bengals-detesting refs would have found a way to throw a flag there.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 11:09 PM)hollodero Wrote: Last game, Bailey did not get called for blocking Andrews from behind. One would think Bengals-detesting refs would have found a way to throw a flag there.

None of the refs were in position (or had the lungs to be at that end) to make that call. And the Hubbard run was CLEAN.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 11:19 PM)Interceptor Wrote: None of the refs were in position (or had the lungs to be at that end) to make that call. And the Hubbard run was CLEAN.

Oh well, we're talking refs that allegedly hate the Bengals with a passion. In that case, the ones behind the camera would immediately radio a foul.

And if it was clean is imho not that clear cut. Seemed like a block in the back from Bailey to me. I for one was very relieved he got away with it.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 11:09 PM)hollodero Wrote: How this myth of the NFL just hating the Bengals and ordering the refs to put them down is so alive is puzzling to me.

During last year's SB run, quite some calls went into the Bangals favor, including an easy to spot facemask from Higgins in the SB and a TD that was whistled dead and then counted anyways.
Last game, Bailey did not get called for blocking Andrews from behind. One would think Bengals-detesting refs would have found a way to throw a flag there.

Lots of teams fans think the same thing about their team. It’s remarkable how similar canvases are
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article271260517.html
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 11:19 PM)Interceptor Wrote: None of the refs were in position (or had the lungs to be at that end) to make that call. And the Hubbard run was CLEAN.

Exactly. The hand on the back of andrews was not a push. It was a pat meaning maybe next time rat puke.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 11:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Exactly. The hand on the back of andrews was not a push. It was a pat meaning maybe next time rat puke.

That block was strange. He did initially make contact with Andrew's shoulder bedside him but just a couple steps later and Bailey's hand was on his back. I was expecting a flag. Especially when Bailey did the dumb raise my hands up and act like I didn't push. That almost always draws a flag. 

Someone mentioned Higgins face masking the db in the Superbowl but they forget to bring up the absolutely horrible call against Wilson at the end of the game when he text book guarded Kupp on the pass and they called a PI. That one was a BS call.

WTS, why would the NFL start selling AFC championship tickets for the Bills and Chiefs before they've even made it there. Say what you want but I am expecting some bad calls against us.
Reply/Quote
We got some great calls in the playoffs a year ago. I don't see refs intentionally picking winners and losers, that excuse prior to games is made by losers.

Bengals and their fans are not losers.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

bills fans just sold out their side of the Atlanta game. In less than… 12 hours. Thousands of chiefs tickets still available.
Reply/Quote