Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Be On The Lookout For The Referees
(01-19-2023, 06:05 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: There were MANY penalties I recall against the Bengals, especially early, that game.

Yep.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
At least I'm not expecting a fair shake from Goodell so I've already prepared myself for disappointment. Total sham that the MNF commotio cordis game wasn't resumed. I'm left with an overwhelming feeling of malaise and resentment at how the NFL has dictated that the Bengals season is to play out.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 06:05 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: There were MANY penalties I recall against the Bengals, especially early, that game.

If I recall correctly though, they mix up the staffs so it’s not his usual crew. I could be wrong though.

The game also ended on a Titans penalty.

Cheffers is an egotistical buffoon, but he's not going to single-handedly decide the outcome of the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 06:06 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Yep.

Bengals had 9, Titans had 8...including the game ender.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 06:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Bengals had 9, Titans had 8...including the game ender.

Hey bud how you been doing?
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 06:27 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Hey bud how you been doing?

Good brother, how about you?
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 05:56 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I read where Chiefs' fans are ecstatic that he didn't get their game against the Jags.   Chef is the one who screwed them against the Steelers a few seasons ago. Called a record number of first half penalties on KC and a hold on a 2-pt conversion in a 18-16 loss to the Steelers.  lol

Let’s hope he’s an AFC North fan…. I know wishful thinking.
Reply/Quote
For the betting folk, the favored team is 14-31 against the spread when Cheffers crew is officiating in his last 45 games. His crew high penalizes teams but it also typically keeps the game close. Between the Bengals having a good chance of beating the Bills and being 5 point dogs right now with Cheffers officiating, bet on the Bengals to cover.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 02:24 PM)Housh Wrote: Also i think the NFL doesn’t care who wins out the AFC now. If any of the 4 teams make it they make money.

I do believe they rig games tho. I’m not calling you crazy. In 2015 our playoff game vs Pittsburg was absolutely positively rigged imo. Giovanni Benard getting his shit rocked just for them to create some dumbass rule that he wasn’t a runner yet was ridiculous. Them turning deaf blind and dumb when Joey Porter was on the field and only penalizing Pac-Man was BAD.

I’m sure every NFL fanbase has a game in mind that was reffed so badly they think it was rigged

Without a single doubt.  That game was 100% vastly changed in pitts favor by the refs.  It was absolutely ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 03:25 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: I agree I was so pissed at the NFL after that Squeelers game, I refused to renew my season tickets and swore I'd never give the NFL another red cent of mine.  Luckily, I was able to get them back just in time for the Joe Burrow regime, but I still will never understand the refs letting Joey Porter get away with what he did.  NEVER!!

Pac-Mac and Burfict should have made it worth it and knocked Porter's ass out cold and stomped his stupid-looking face in.  

I understand why they let porter do that --- They wanted pig pen and the steelers to win.  
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 03:42 PM)Mafioso Wrote: Ok, so the nfl doesn’t want you guys in the AFCCG and had a chance to make that happen, but more importantly, they want to make sure the bills and Cinci still play.  Leaving it up to Cheffers and crew to make sure the Bengals don’t beat the Bills.  Got it.  ??‍♂️

Coming from a guy who revels in being called a mafioso. 

Definition of mafioso:  "A mafioso is a mobster or specifically a member (i.e. a "made man") of the Sicilian Mafia, Italian-American Mafia, or other Italian criminal organizations."  (from Wikipedia)
Reply/Quote
I dont know if the NFL will influence this weeks game in any way but I do have a very strong feeling that the league is really hoping for a buffalo KC rematch.
Reply/Quote
Uh, so was it a conspiracy to have the Bengals as the AFC Champions last year?
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 06:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Good brother, how about you?

Doing good but we got 10 inches of snow. I don’t like that lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 05:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: When I watched it live I cringed as those DO get called but Markus Bailey clearly hit Mark Andrews in the side of the shoulder on review.

Yep.  We can STOP talking about "block in the back" because it never happened...
When contact is initiated, these guys are SHOULDER-TO-SHOULDER.  It's only because Andrews stumbled and fell forwards that made it look like a block in the back.

[Image: SKXy4mJ.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 09:58 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Doing good but we got 10 inches of snow. I don’t like that lol.

That's alright been getting that in Wyoming weekly lol

BTW, need you around here, let some Bills fans in and it has gone a bit haywire.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 10:02 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Yep.  We can STOP talking about "block in the back" because it never happened...
When contact is initiated, these guys are SHOULDER-TO-SHOULDER.  It's only because Andrews stumbled and fell forwards that made it look like a block in the back.

[Image: SKXy4mJ.jpg]

Thanks Tomkat, this needs to be put to bed. I saw a lot of stealer fans on twitter sayin' this shit.

That put it to bed and I watched it again like 20 times just to completely make sure. All smoke and idiots who don't know the rules.

Your back is your back and your shoulder is your shoulder. Man, I am quite smart. dur
Reply/Quote
Full crew listed at https://www.footballzebras.com/2023/01/hochuli-blakeman-cheffers-and-vinovich-are-divisional-playoff-referees/

Only the RO is from Cheffers’ regular season crew.
Reply/Quote
Maybe we get an upside - recently the refs have been letting defenses literally mug our receivers. Maybe we'll see some PI flags?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nobody will ever convince me that certain calls don't favor certain teams in certain situations with decisions from "upstairs." I just hope the game is called fair with no ticky tacky calls against us that ruin a good drive or reward the Bills with a 1st and 10 and half the distance to the goal line.
Reply/Quote