Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Be On The Lookout For The Referees
I didn't realize how bad the Ravens game was since I was in the stands.

Re-watching the tv recording. Holy shit did they let the ravens play dirty. Really surprised we didn't have a team fight. I bet Higgins would have caught that TD on the first drive if Peters, who had his back to the QB and didn't turn to play the ball, wasn't pushing Higgins with his right hand while hitting him in the face with his left while Higgins was trying to catch the ball.

They will be calling ticky tack penalties on us all game against Buffalo. Probably gonna need some big plays to win this one.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 09:32 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

They want so much to keep us out of the SB.
Lets just stay on the lookout for questionable calls that are game changers! I hate this political sh!$ in the game but its very real!  Smirk Score early damn it!!!

No way Goodell is gonna let that Superbowl in Atlanta before the Superbowl in Glendale be sacrificed by a Bengals' win. Absolutely no way.  The League will have it's dirty little figers on the scale for the Bills in this one. They are gonna milk this Bills' narrative for all it's worth .  "Delmar,  you survived cardiac arrest and your team just won the Superbowl. What are you gonna do next?  I'm going to Disneyworld!!!"
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 11:59 PM)Mer Wrote: That block was strange. He did initially make contact with Andrew's shoulder bedside him but just a couple steps later and Bailey's hand was on his back. I was expecting a flag. Especially when Bailey did the dumb raise my hands up and act like I didn't push. That almost always draws a flag. 

Someone mentioned Higgins face masking the db in the Superbowl but they forget to bring up the absolutely horrible call against Wilson at the end of the game when he text book guarded Kupp on the pass and they called a PI. That one was a BS call.

WTS, why would the NFL start selling AFC championship tickets for the Bills and Chiefs before they've even made it there. Say what you want but I am expecting some bad calls against us.

No one talks about Aaron Donald being offsides on just about every play on that last drive. I was screaming at the TV. Seems like all the elite pass rushers get away with lining up in the neutral zone.
Reply/Quote
If the Bills happen to win, then a game against KC would be at a neutral site, correct? Seems to me the NFL would be paying a big time rental fee if this happens, so the refs need their bias for the Bengals to save Goodall some cash. Go Bengals Go Kansas City.

Who Dey!!
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 11:19 PM)Interceptor Wrote: None of the refs were in position (or had the lungs to be at that end) to make that call. And the Hubbard run was CLEAN.

Hilarious
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 12:07 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: We got some great calls in the playoffs a year ago. I don't see refs intentionally picking winners and losers, that excuse prior to games is made by losers.

Bengals and their fans are not losers.

And the problem with this thread is it will bring out the absolute insecurity of fans. Any call legitimate or not that goes against Cincinnati will be questioned. You could have Eli Apple running through a receiver's head 2 seconds before the ball gets there and the guy that started this threads going to whine and think the refs have it out for.

But I'll never hear anyone in this thread talk about the calls legit or not that won't get called on Cincinnati and will go against buffalo will be very questionable or maybe shouldn't have been called at all. 

Just scan through a game day thread and you will laugh your ass off at the absolute ignorance and insecurity of posters..
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 11:09 PM)hollodero Wrote: How this myth of the NFL just hating the Bengals and ordering the refs to put them down is so alive is puzzling to me.

During last year's SB run, quite some calls went into the Bengals' favor, including an easy to spot facemask from Higgins in the SB and a TD that was whistled dead and then counted anyways.
Last game, Bailey did not get called for blocking Andrews from behind. One would think Bengals-detesting refs would have found a way to throw a flag there.

It's not a myth. The rest of the NFL owners do not like Mike Brown. For decades when they would vote for something, Mike would be the lone vote of dissention. He doesn't go along to get along. Yeah, we got some calls in the SB, but in the last two minutes of the game, when it counts, they all of a sudden changed the way they were calling the whole game. It all of a sudden went from let them play" to a flag fest and phantom holding calls. And like was mentioned, they stood there and let Aaron Donald line up offsides on just about every play. They didn't throw a flag at Bailey last Sunday because Bailey did not commit a penalty. The easiest way to know that was a clean block is by the fact Hairball and Andrews aren't whining about it. While I don't believe the NFL flat out says "Make sure so and so wins," I do believe they let it be known who they prefer to win, and some refs go along to keep their jobs and get the post season assignments. Refs are graded, remember. 
Reply/Quote

Lets just stay on the lookout for questionable calls that are game changers! I hate this political sh!$ in the game but its very real!  Smirk Score early damn it!!!

Bad News. I forget his name, but the most recent HTPG episode said he has called 16 Bengals games and they are 4-10-2 in those games.  The worst part is he is 15-3 in Bills games (the Bills have won SU 15 and 10 in a row).  Sure sounds like the assbag Goodell got his guy. 

I swear if a BS call sends Cincy home after the season they have had and doing the RIGHT thing that MNF game, I will be furious.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 11:33 PM)Interceptor Wrote: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article271260517.html

Wow, read the numbers I read from the HTPG this week about the team's records calling Bills and Bengals games.  
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 11:59 PM)Mer Wrote: WTS, why would the NFL start selling AFC championship tickets for the Bills and Chiefs before they've even made it there. Say what you want but I am expecting some bad calls against us.

Because it's at a neutral site for both teams. The majority of the people in the stadium are going to have to be getting flights and hotels. It makes sense to let them start to prepare and know they actually have a ticket if it ends up being those 2 teams. 

It would be way easier for the NFL if Buffalo lost and the game was just in KC. 
Reply/Quote
Tongue 

No offense, but if they wanted to keep you out of the SB, they would have called a block in the back on Hubbards fumble return, no?
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 11:24 AM)Mafioso Wrote: No offense, but if they wanted to keep you out of the SB, they would have called a block in the back on Hubbards fumble return, no?

Um no, because it wasn't a block in the back.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 09:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's not a myth. The rest of the NFL owners do not like Mike Brown. For decades when they would vote for something, Mike would be the lone vote of dissention. He doesn't go along to get along. Yeah, we got some calls in the SB, but in the last two minutes of the game, when it counts, they all of a sudden changed the way they were calling the whole game. It all of a sudden went from let them play" to a flag fest and phantom holding calls. And like was mentioned, they stood there and let Aaron Donald line up offsides on just about every play. They didn't throw a flag at Bailey last Sunday because Bailey did not commit a penalty. The easiest way to know that was a clean block is by the fact Hairball and Andrews aren't whining about it. While I don't believe the NFL flat out says "Make sure so and so wins," I do believe they let it be known who they prefer to win, and some refs go along to keep their jobs and get the post season assignments. Refs are graded, remember. 

Well, even if the other owners do not like Brown, it's still quite a stretch that they and the NFL as a whole are that disgruntled that they would order their referees to systematically disadvantage the Bengals as revenge. It's even more of a stretch since there seems to be no persuasive evidence for any such systematic disadvantagement. You just have bad calls, some in favor of the Bengals, some in favor of their opponents. Overall, the latter do not significantly outweigh the former, not in general and not in the last superbowl.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 09:59 PM)TheFan Wrote: So they wanted us to make it to the superbowl last year and win our 1st game this year? Every game last year and so far this year has been a 1 score game. Meaning the NFL could have easily influenced it to make us lose but didn't...yet somehow they're still saboteurs? 

Correct. But the NFL loves its storylines. You can't convince me that Goodell didn't want this Bengals-Bills game to happen. Baltimore was't leaving Cincy with a win.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 07:13 AM)higgy100 Wrote: And the problem with this thread is it will bring out the absolute insecurity of fans. Any call legitimate or not that goes against Cincinnati will be questioned. You could have Eli Apple running through a receiver's head 2 seconds before the ball gets there and the guy that started this threads going to whine and think the refs have it out for.

But I'll never hear anyone in this thread talk about the calls legit or not that won't get called on Cincinnati and will go against buffalo will be very questionable or maybe shouldn't have been called at all. 

Just scan through a game day thread and you will laugh your ass off at the absolute ignorance and insecurity of posters..

And the absolute naivete of others.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 12:44 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Correct. But the NFL loves its storylines. You can't convince me that Goodell didn't want this Bengals-Bills game to happen. Baltimore was't leaving Cincy with a win.

So I assume you didn't watch last weeks playoff game and aren't going to watch this week's game. I mean it'd be pretty pointless and stupid if you did since it's all already predetermined, right?
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 09:59 PM)TheFan Wrote: So they wanted us to make it to the superbowl last year and win our 1st game this year? Every game last year and so far this year has been a 1 score game. Meaning the NFL could have easily influenced it to make us lose but didn't...yet somehow they're still saboteurs? 

Damn right they did. A small market team like the Bengals with Super Star up and comers like Burrow, Higgins, and Chase vs a large market team in the NFL home market trying to build a fan base. What better storyline could they have crafted. Surely they wouldn’t put a team like the Chiefs vs the Rams where one sided officiating would surely have to rear its ugly head to ensure the Rams pulled it off. How else can you explain a game on the biggest stage that was officiated one way for (58.5 minutes vs the last 1.5 minutes)?

It’s all entertainment. The people who pull the puppet strings aren’t going to make decisions at the end of the year not in favor of Cincinnati and then turn around and influence results that favor them.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 11:24 AM)Mafioso Wrote: No offense, but if they wanted to keep you out of the SB, they would have called a block in the back on Hubbards fumble return, no?

Absolutely not!!! NFL loves bigtime storylines. The NFL was salivating over a Bengals-Bills matchup. Bengals/Bills was a must.

Now, this week, I think they would like to see the feel good Hamlin/Bills saga continue to play itself out to completion in Glendale.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
We absolutely need to know which crew we have.

If it’s a crew that allows a lot of DB grabbing then we are gonna have a hard time winning behind our trash o line.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Also i think the NFL doesn’t care who wins out the AFC now. If any of the 4 teams make it they make money.

I do believe they rig games tho. I’m not calling you crazy. In 2015 our playoff game vs Pittsburg was absolutely positively rigged imo. Giovanni Benard getting his shit rocked just for them to create some dumbass rule that he wasn’t a runner yet was ridiculous. Them turning deaf blind and dumb when Joey Porter was on the field and only penalizing Pac-Man was BAD.

I’m sure every NFL fanbase has a game in mind that was reffed so badly they think it was rigged
-Housh
Reply/Quote