Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Be On The Lookout For The Referees
(01-19-2023, 09:58 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Doing good but we got 10 inches of snow. I don’t like that lol.

Only 10?  That's 2" less than I'm working with  Wink

In snow  Mellow   We got a foot yesterday.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The fix is in! Carl Cheffers is a ref for Sunday's game. Bills are 6-0 when he's the ref, Bengals are 1-3. He leads the league in penalties vs visiting teams
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Fudge . I guess there’s no need to watch now. Thanks

Reply/Quote
I do think putting too much hate on referees and calling them out by name seems bad. Unless of course they got caught I guess. I have to admit you'd think most refs ref because they love the game and want to be involved in their own way so they must have a favorite team. Is that just something they keep to themselves or does the NFL have any kind of policy to let refs ref games that aren't their favorite.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 07:33 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I do think putting too much hate on referees and calling them out by name seems bad. Unless of course they got caught I guess. I have to admit you'd think most refs ref because they love the game and want to be involved in their own way so they must have a favorite team. Is that just something they keep to themselves or does the NFL have any kind of policy to let refs ref games that aren't their favorite.

Looks like Chiefs fans are just glad it wasn't them..

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/chiefs-fans-relieved-referee-carl-cheffers-wasn-t-assigned-kc-s-playoff-game-saturday/ar-AA16rAPF
https://www.reddit.com/r/KansasCityChiefs/comments/zpl797/carl_cheffers_has_been_penalizing_the_chiefs_at_a/

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Why are there three threads on this (Cheffers/officiating) on just the front page?

This fix isn’t in. The bengals are going to ensure it doesn’t come down to a bad call here or there.

Bengals Oline will hold up “ok”. Burrow is about to have a 2021 ravens/chiefs game.

400+ and 4tds. It will be convincing
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 09:18 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Why are there three threads on this (Cheffers/officiating) on just the front page?

This fix isn’t in. The bengals are going to ensure it doesn’t come down to a bad call here or there.

Bengals Oline will hold up “ok”. Burrow is about to have a 2021 ravens/chiefs game.

400+ and 4tds. It will be convincing

This post gets 4 Cigar Cigar Cigar Cigar
Reply/Quote
Carman was VERY close to false starting on his PBS game last week. While I am sure he was under horrendous pressure coming into that game at LT in front of that PBS crowd, they will be going silent count this week and he won't be able to jump. I sure hope he plays well.
Reply/Quote
The NFL doesn’t want another rematch between Burrow and Mahomes. You already know that outcome.

Allen vs Mahomes is more desirable because of what happened last year. Much better story line. I bet some calls don’t go Cincys way and a few…”iffy” calls go buffalos way.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 01:24 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Only 10?  That's 2" less than I'm working with  Wink

In snow  Mellow   We got a foot yesterday.

I see your from Denver. How has your winter been out there?
Reply/Quote
This is gonna be huge on trend alone.

I’m starting to get rigged vibes ngl. The debacle with not making this game a coin toss or neutral site, then the league choosing the most home friendly crew they have that calls a lot of penalties. You would think the NFL wouldn’t want a crew that calls a lot of penalties in a playoff game.

I’m starting to think when Demar went down and Godell called Zac something happened. I’m starting to think Godell told Zac to play and Zac said no. Because this is getting a bit much. We have our shot at 1 seed taken.(Chiefs won so we wouldn’t have gotten it anyway.) We for some reason don’t get a shot at the 2 seed for reasons unknown….

Then we are given a fake division title because we still could’ve had to do a coin toss if we lost to the Ravens.

Then we learn that Bills at home will get a crew that favors not only them in general but home teams. So they get to play with a crew that they know up and down.

At some point fairness has to be a thing. The league absolutely could’ve picked a crew neither team has much experience playing with. But they purposely went with the most pro-Bills crew they have.

At this point i highly recommend deferring If we win the toss because i have a feeling the refs are gonna stall our first drive out.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 02:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not good. Just call the game fair please. Whatever

I have two giant fears about this game:  Trent Taylor will fumble a PR.  I really don't feel comfortable with him in there.  The other thing is Allen will just launch short bombs and their WRs will run back in to the inexperienced CTB for easy PIs  (and they will get those calls if he doesn't turn around and make a play for the ball).

Overall, I like the way the Bengals match up.  The biggest weakness (offensive line, again) isn't something Buffalo has been good or even average at taking advantage of.  They sure didn't Miami.  Don't look at yearly rankings, since they have lost Miller, they are one of the worst pass rush teams in the league. 
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 05:49 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I think the Bengals have lost 3 of 4 in the most recent games called by Cheffers crew.

And the Bills have won 10 straight with him
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 10:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And the Bills have won 10 straight with him

This here should draw some red flags. 

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 10:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And the Bills have won 10 straight with him

Where are you getting this? That's no true and I dont understand why people need to lie to feel better about us possibly losing to a really good team. They won 5 games in a row with him and 4 of them were on the road. 

In 5 of the last 6 Buffalo games he called today, Buffalo had more penalties called on them.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 07:14 AM)Trademark Wrote: The fix is in! Carl Cheffers is a ref for Sunday's game. Bills are 6-0 when he's the ref, Bengals are 1-3. He leads the league in penalties vs visiting teams

The Bills aren't 6-0 and our 3 losses came in 2020 (without Burrow), 2019, and 2018. Almost all of our games were losses in those seasons. 

What a surprise we won this year (on the road) once we were actually good. 
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 10:46 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: This here should draw some red flags. 

The part that draws red flags is its made up. 
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 11:21 AM)TheFan Wrote: The Bills aren't 6-0 and our 3 losses came in 2020 (without Burrow), 2019, and 2018. Almost all of our games were losses in those seasons. 

What a surprise we won this year (on the road) once we were actually good. 

I don't know what Cheffers record in Bills game is. Don't even know how to verify claims being made. But this site has their analysis which states the following:

"After doing some further sleuthing, we also discovered the Bills are 6-0 in games Cheffers reffed. The Bengals are 1-3."

https://fansided.com/2023/01/19/nfl-ref-for-bengals-bills-has-insane-over-under-record/
Reply/Quote
Here is some more information about Cheffers and the Bills/Bengals that I found at another site, that analyzes referee assignments and their impact on the games.

* "The Bills get a positive referee assignment with Carl Cheffers on the game. Cheffers has been extremely favorable for home teams in his career. [my bold] Although there is an emphasis to reduce penalties in the playoffs, we may see more in this game than any other this weekend.

* Cheffers led the NFL in penalties per game in 2021 and again in 2022. He called only 43% of overall penalties on home teams this season.

*A closer look at penalty percentages in key categories with Carl Cheffers shows a clear edge for the home team. He called 69% of combined defensive holding, offensive holding, and defensive pass interference penalties on the road team. That is above average.

* The Bengals have no significant penalty issues. However, their most penalized game of the season was their Week 12 win at the Titans, with a total of nine penalties for 80 yards. That was the only Bengals game officiated by Carl Cheffers in 2022.

* Cheffers has never been a “let ’em play” referee. For Buffalo Bills fans and moneyline bettors, Cheffers on the game is a positive."

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/betting/nfl-referee-assignments-penalty-trends-betting-impact/#:~:text=Cheffers%20has%20officiated%20one%20Bills,8%20ATS%20record%20in%202022
Reply/Quote
Just need to play fundamental football and execute your assignments every play. It’s a tall task, but that’s what the best teams in the NFL do. No time for lapses.

I also think the last two weeks has been such a mental struggle for the bengals. Playing the same team twice, being forced to start your players, in what should have been a meaningless game, etc.

In my gut of guts, I think the bengals will be playing loose and have the best game we have seen in months. At this point we are playing with house money, IMO… where as the bills have all the pressure in the world to get over the hump.

I believe bengals are up double digits when Allen gets the ball back with 2-5 minutes left in the game.
Reply/Quote