Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Be On The Lookout For The Referees
(01-19-2023, 02:24 PM)Housh Wrote: I’m sure every NFL fanbase has a game in mind that was reffed so badly they think it was rigged

I think refs are just really bad and it's way more noticeable now with 4k, constant replays, and breaking down of games. Like you said, every team feels like the NFL rigs games against them. 
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 11:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Bad News. I forget his name, but the most recent HTPG episode said he has called 16 Bengals games and they are 4-10-2 in those games.  The worst part is he is 15-3 in Bills games (the Bills have won SU 15 and 10 in a row).  Sure sounds like the assbag Goodell got his guy. 

I swear if a BS call sends Cincy home after the season they have had and doing the RIGHT thing that MNF game, I will be furious.  

Not good. Just call the game fair please. Whatever
Reply/Quote
No coincidence that Cheffers is doing the game. None. At. All.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
All of this paranoia leads me to believe we should just go ahead and bust Buffalo's ass. That way a call hear or there won't matter.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 03:01 PM)jason Wrote: All of this paranoia leads me to believe we should just go ahead and bust Buffalo's ass. That way a call hear or there won't matter.

No doubt, as Rfaulk just said in the prediction thread the Bills have won 8 in a row with this guy reffing.

Time to break another streak and take him and his crew out of the game. Burrow was on fire the last time we played, need this to continue.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 02:24 PM)Housh Wrote: Also i think the NFL doesn’t care who wins out the AFC now. If any of the 4 teams make it they make money.

I do believe they rig games tho. I’m not calling you crazy. In 2015 our playoff game vs Pittsburg was absolutely positively rigged imo. Giovanni Benard getting his shit rocked just for them to create some dumbass rule that he wasn’t a runner yet was ridiculous. Them turning deaf blind and dumb when Joey Porter was on the field and only penalizing Pac-Man was BAD.

I’m sure every NFL fanbase has a game in mind that was reffed so badly they think it was rigged

I agree I was so pissed at the NFL after that Squeelers game, I refused to renew my season tickets and swore I'd never give the NFL another red cent of mine.  Luckily, I was able to get them back just in time for the Joe Burrow regime, but I still will never understand the refs letting Joey Porter get away with what he did.  NEVER!!

Pac-Mac and Burfict should have made it worth it and knocked Porter's ass out cold and stomped his stupid-looking face in.  
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 12:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Um no, because it wasn't a block in the back.

Agree to disagree
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 02:19 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Absolutely not!!! NFL loves bigtime storylines. The NFL was salivating over a Bengals-Bills matchup. Bengals/Bills was a must.

Now, this week, I think they would like to see the feel good Hamlin/Bills saga continue to play itself out to completion in Glendale.

Ok, so the nfl doesn’t want you guys in the AFCCG and had a chance to make that happen, but more importantly, they want to make sure the bills and Cinci still play. Leaving it up to Cheffers and crew to make sure the Bengals don’t beat the Bills. Got it. ??‍♂️
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 03:38 PM)Mafioso Wrote: Agree to disagree

When I watched it live I cringed as those DO get called but Markus Bailey clearly hit Mark Andrews in the side of the shoulder on review.
Reply/Quote
From SHARP football analysis :

Carl Cheffers is a veteran referee who calls a lot of penalties. Cheffers consistently ranks in the top 5 per season for penalties.

A Cheffers officiated game will exceed NFL average in penalties more often than not. The takeaway from his long term trends are that when the dust has settled the home team wins well above the NFL average.

I was disappointed, but not at all surprised that Cheffers was assigned the Bengals-Bills game. The Bills are something like 8-0 in games most recently done by Chef's crew.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 05:45 PM)Science Friction Wrote: From SHARP football analysis :

Carl Cheffers is a veteran referee who calls a lot of penalties. Cheffers consistently ranks in the top 5 per season for penalties.

A Cheffers officiated game will exceed NFL average in penalties more often than not. The takeaway from his long term trends are that when the dust has settled the home team wins well above the NFL average.

I was disappointed, but not at all surprised that Cheffers was assigned the Bengals-Bills game.  The Bills are something like 8-0  in games most recently  done by Chef's crew.

Couldn't you have posted this in one of the other "The NFL is against the Bengals threads"?
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals have lost 3 of 4 in the most recent games called by Cheffers crew.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 05:45 PM)Science Friction Wrote: From SHARP football analysis :

I was disappointed, but not at all surprised that Cheffers was assigned the Bengals-Bills game.  The Bills are something like 8-0  in games most recently  done by Chef's crew.

He did also ref the game against the Titans this year, which the Bengals won on the road.
Reply/Quote
I read where Chiefs' fans are ecstatic that he didn't get their game against the Jags. Chef is the one who screwed them against the Steelers a few seasons ago. Called a record number of first half penalties on KC and a hold on a 2-pt conversion in a 18-16 loss to the Steelers. lol
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
More from SHARP :

**Cheffers consistently ranks in the top 5 every season for overall penalties
**Led NFL in 2021 with 14 penalties per game for 124 yds per game
**Home teams 58-39-1 SU (60%) since 2016
**Home teams 48-49-1 ATS since 2016
**3rd most offensive holding penalties in 2021
**Most unnecessary roughness penalties in 2021
**2nd most defensive pass interference penalties in 2021
**Led the NFL in calling offensive pass interference in 2021
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 05:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He did also ref the game against the Titans this year, which the Bengals won on the road.

Made me feel a little better Holic, thanks. Mellow
Reply/Quote
The Kansas City Star has a whole article how Chiefs fans are relieved that Carl Cheffers was not assigned to their game:

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article271260517.html

Among quotes:

"Last month, the Chiefs were penalized 10 times to four for the Texans in a game worked by Cheffers in Houston."

"An even more lopsided penalty disparity in Super Bowl LV had Chiefs fans angry at Cheffers, and then there was the 2017 playoff game against the Steelers. Cheffers flagged the Chiefs for holding, nullifying a game-tying two-point conversion. That irked fans and Travis Kelce"
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 05:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He did also ref the game against the Titans this year, which the Bengals won on the road.

There were MANY penalties I recall against the Bengals, especially early, that game.

If I recall correctly though, they mix up the staffs so it’s not his usual crew. I could be wrong though.
Reply/Quote

Titans are god awful.

Even Christ couldn't save the Titans.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Fanside titled an article on Cheffers: "NFL ref for Bengals-Bills has insane Over/Under record." They note in the article:

"After doing some further sleuthing, we also discovered the Bills are 6-0 in games Cheffers reffed. The Bengals are 1-3. Not great!"

https://fansided.com/2023/01/19/nfl-ref-for-bengals-bills-has-insane-over-under-record/
Reply/Quote