Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Be On The Lookout For The Referees
(01-30-2023, 12:19 AM)Housh Wrote: The officiating ended up favoring KC but not by much

That 1st they got on the reach was a bad call.

The Hilton PI was a bad call

Not by much??? They missed calls in the most important times of the game. Morgan got tackled on that kickoff return which would have put them around the 25 instead of midfield. Do you think that play might have helped? They missed an obvious hold on that run by Mahomes. That also might have helped a little. Not to mention calling intentional grounding on a play where Perine was right next to the ball or gifting them an extra down. 

Im not one of those "rigged" people but that was some garbage officiating. Even though I know that the called for hit out of bounds was correct , still calling that to decide a game was weak. 
Reply/Quote
Refs were GARBAGE tonight.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:26 AM)packerbacker Wrote: That 3rd and 9 play saying KC called a timeout was complete BS then they flag you guys for pass interference. Terrible officiating. Like I said our former kicker posted on social media that he thought the refs handed KC the game.

They didn't score on that drive though.

Zooming in on 1 or 2 inconsequential plays doesn't matter.

Bengals offense had the ball twice late in 4th quarter and couldn't score. Burrow is a great qb, but playoff Joe hasn't been elite most games.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:29 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They didn't score on that drive though.

Bengals offense had the ball twice late in 4th quarter and couldn't score. Burrow is a great qb, but playoff Joe hasn't been elite most games.

Heartbreaking loss though.
Reply/Quote
They literally took a TD away from the Chiefs with one call. If the NFL is rigged, rigging got us this far this year and to the Super Bowl last year.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:29 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They didn't score on that drive though.

Changing of field position is not inconsequential.

Its always cool to be the person who says  "we didnt play good enough" or "if we had only scored on every drive that wouldnt have mattered". 
Mahomes wasnt good on that last drive either. The ball should have never have been at midfield to start the drive anyway. There was blatant holding on that last 
run that would have nullified the late hit.  
Reply/Quote
All three phases blew it in the final two minutes. Accept that it happens sometimes and move on. You’ll feel better.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I mean, the officiating wasn't what I would have preferred, but that's not why they lost. At the end of the day, the depleted OL cost them. With the way the interior line was playing, it's a miracle that it was this close.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:33 AM)bengalfan47 Wrote: Changing of field position is not inconsequential.

Its always cool to be the person who says  "we didnt play good enough" or "if we had only scored on every drive that wouldnt have mattered". 
Mahomes wasnt good on that last drive either. The ball should have never have been at midfield to start the drive anyway. There was blatant holding on that last 
run that would have nullified the late hit.  

There's holding on every play.

The Bengals had chances and didn't make enough plays. And the Ossai play was terrible. That doesn't happen and we go to ot.
Reply/Quote

I'm not gonna blame it on the refs. But I'm not sure how you don't call this hold. The ref has to see this. We just needed to do more on offense.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:28 AM)bengalfan47 Wrote: Not by much??? They missed calls in the most important times of the game. Morgan got tackled on that kickoff return which would have put them around the 25 instead of midfield. Do you think that play might have helped? They missed an obvious hold on that run by Mahomes. That also might have helped a little. Not to mention calling intentional grounding on a play where Perine was right next to the ball or gifting them an extra down. 

Im not one of those "rigged" people but that was some garbage officiating. Even though I know that the called for hit out of bounds was correct , still calling that to decide a game was weak. 

Just certain people believe the refs can do no wrong and they could never have a bias towards one team. 

Yea the hit out of bounds was bad and we didn't play great but we were in it at the end and the refs gave them 40 yards by not calling an obvious block in the back on the punt return and then missing an obvious hold on the Mahomes run.

So many questionable calls that didn't go our way tonight that everyone will just wave off and say well we didn't do enough, but when it's made harder for one team then doing enough becomes a lot harder.
Reply/Quote
NFL wanted to Andy Reid against eagles I Super Bowl. More hype.
Is linking up in the nutrias zone not a thing any more? I seen KC helmets past our centers helmet many times in the first half.
Reply/Quote
Even Albert Beer and Mike Greenburg are posting about the officiating. Our line lost us the game but officiating was still aweful.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:37 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There's holding on every play.

The Bengals had chances and didn't make enough plays. And the Ossai play was terrible. That doesn't happen and we go to ot.

Can’t read your bullshit anymore. Join Fredtoast in my basement.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
We shot ourselves in the foot one too many times, and then the officials shot us in the other foot for good measure.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:42 AM)Wyche Wrote: We shot ourselves in the foot one too many times, and then the officials shot us in the other foot for good measure.

This^ lol

They shot us on that last drive big time. 
Oh well, it was a great season and I will leave it at that!

Who Dey and I am done with football for a long while. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 01:01 AM)bengalfan47 Wrote: This^ lol

They shot us on that last drive big time. 
Oh well, it was a great season and I will leave it at that!

Who Dey and I am done with football for a long while. 

Yessir, another great year for us. I hate we don't get another crack at the Lombardi this year, but I certainly enjoyed watching these guys again. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:36 AM)samhain Wrote: I mean, the officiating wasn't what I would have preferred, but that's not why they lost.  At the end of the day, the depleted OL cost them.  With the way the interior line was playing, it's a miracle that it was this close.

I wouldn't post it solely on the interrior OL. Some of Burrows sacks came well after I counted to 3, which is all you can ask for with back up linemen. There was no count to 3 and run plan. It was a count to 3 and dance around until you get sacked plan. Again, not many check downs, delayed handoffs, moving Chase into backfield to keep the defense on their toes. Just don't get how the offensive game plan was so creative last week and so stale this week. But I will always be a Bengals fan. Suffered through much worse in the past 30 years!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:37 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There's holding on every play.

This was the same ref from the SB last year. Sure we’re pretty quick to call a hold on Logan Wilson last year. Also ref is from Baltimore.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:37 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote:
I'm not gonna blame it on the refs. But I'm not sure how you don't call this hold. The ref has to see this. We just needed to do more on offense.

And he did see it. They communicate with NY throughout the game. Each team should have a rep listening on the conversations between officials and NY during games. It will never happen, though.  League apologists  and  game rigging deniers, have you gone to bed or are you just in hiding?
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote