Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Becton visiting
This is even dumber than letting Reader walk and replacing him with Tart. That is high level stupid. This is worse.

That promising rookie season? In 691 snaps, he was T9th in penalties and T5th in sacks allowed.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 10:33 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Carman and Smith are mediocre Tackles too.

Yes - I know Carman played decent there a game or 2...but I'm not sold on any of these guys.

Oh Becton has talent. He's just injured a lot.

Carman actually looked good at LT; at RT he looked meh but serviceable in a short burst. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
From everything I've seen... this Becton dude is TRASH.
It's like they're intentionally trying to get Burrow injured, at this point.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 10:14 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I joked about it earlier in another thread but what if they have to move OBJr to RT and insert Charmin at LT?
Not saying it WILL happen, as he did sign on to be THE left tackle, but let's just say hypothetically.

What's worse? Charmin at LT or Becton at RT with a rookie waiting to take over? I really can't decide.

If they move OBJr to RT, he will either request a trade in camp, or will be gone next off-season. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 10:40 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: This is even dumber than letting Reader walk and replacing him with Tart. That is high level stupid. This is worse.

That promising rookie season? In 691 snaps, he was T9th in penalties and T5th in sacks allowed.

Under Pollacks tutelage that's considered "promising". 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 09:24 AM)jj22 Wrote: We don't need to gamble with Burrows already shaky injury history with a reclamation project. This isn't a rebuild. This is the protection of the highest paid player in the league.

Bengals are asking for trouble relying on a hope / wish / prayer that a player bounces back to their form of 3 years ago.....

This is such a classic Bengals move...would KC do this for Mahomes? Bring in a guy who couldn't produce and keep gambling with Burrows health?
I guess this solidifies pick #18 has to be OT no matter what now.
Reply/Quote
Paying significant $$ to busts like Becton (and potentially Tart) but cheaping out on Reader is flat out stupid.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 10:45 AM)Tomkat Wrote: From everything I've seen... this Becton dude is TRASH.
It's like they're intentionally trying to get Burrow injured, at this point.

100%

if this is the plan should have kept williams

just seems like there wasnt a plan again
Reply/Quote
Not down with this. Guy already sounds like a b-itch. I think I would rather have Jonah back at RT. He only wants to play LT and he sucks hind tit at that..I wouldn't even like him to be a back up. Definitely gotta go OT at #18
Reply/Quote
They are not going to go into the draft with Carman penciled in as their starting RT. They need to at least get a stopgap vet so they are not in T or bust mode in the 1st. Becton has enough experience and upside to fill that role.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 11:22 AM)Whatever Wrote: They are not going to go into the draft with Carman penciled in as their starting RT.  They need to at least get a stopgap vet so they are not in T or bust mode in the 1st.  Becton has enough experience and upside to fill that role.

Experience is 1 thing, talent is another thing. This clown doesn't have it. 
Reply/Quote
Maybe the injury gods smile on us for a change. Sort of a "payback" for Trae Waynes.

WTS, there's other options I'd take over Becton, but let's see if and what is offered before we jump off the cliff.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 11:09 AM)kalibengal Wrote: This is such a classic Bengals move...would KC do this for Mahomes? Bring in a guy who couldn't produce and keep gambling with Burrows health?
I guess this solidifies pick #18 has to be OT no matter what now.

They did last year as the tackle they brought in to replace OBJ was average at best and was not great this past year. The real difference is KC has built their interior to be very strong so that Mahomes can always step up into the pocket and scramble away.

I would much prefer we upgrade LG and C, but that won't happen until next year at best. 
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 11:40 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe the injury gods smile on us for a change. Sort of a "payback" for Trae Waynes.

WTS, there's other options I'd take over Becton, but let's see if and what is offered before we jump off the cliff.

Just curious, who else out there do you like?
Reply/Quote
Mekhi Becton's NFL career is a tough one to judge. Started out looking up then coaching changes, knee injury, position change, knee injury after the first one wasn't healed, OC/OL coach change again, and then backup thrust into a bad situation at RT. The Jets almost set the record for different OL combinations this season.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 09:51 AM)jj22 Wrote: and that that player will start.... 

That that was grammatically correct in the sentence I used.

But yes, the rookie would more than likely start at RT.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 11:52 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Just curious, who else out there do you like?

That dude form the Raiders still out there?
Reply/Quote
Bengals are kicking the tires on my guess a low risk OT. Many are assuming he would be the starting RT, maybe plan is for him to be a swing tackle backing up Brown and the new starting RT.

My guess he is going to be very low cost, if not I would question it also.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'm guessing Duke and Zac recognize they have to sign someone in case the draft doesn't fall their way to select an OL/RT. Depending on how the draft unfolds, they could sign Becton and he ends up 3rd on the depth chart.
Reply/Quote
If they sign Becton it will be el cheapo and to improve the depth in the OL room. Note how crazy soft the market for OT has been - again after the cap shot up any A List OL got resigned by their teams before FA started.
Reply/Quote