Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Becton visiting
(03-15-2024, 03:48 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Myles Garrett recorded all six of his pressures against Mekhi Becton in under 2.5 seconds in Week 17.

Becton gave up 1 sack, 8 pressures and 5 penalties that game. And I'm surprised the sack isn't a gif because it's so horrendous.  

Ah well, can't win em all. 

71 snaps total
52 pass (10.5 score)
19 run (79.2 score)
Overall 25.5 score

Also got a ton of help from Conklin and Breece that game. At times they had to triple-team Myles. To no avail.
Reply/Quote
If Becton ends up getting Burrow injured everyone involved in this signing needs to be fired by the Brown family right on the spot. That goes for both Zac and Duke too because both had to sign off on this even if Pollack was the one pushing for Becton to be signed.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 04:06 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If Becton ends up getting Burrow injured everyone involved in this signing needs to be fired by the Brown family right on the spot.  That goes for both Zac and Duke too because both had to sign off on this even if Pollack was the one pushing for Becton to be signed.

Should they also be fired if Brown gets Burrow injured? I am asking for a friend.  Sarcasm
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 04:06 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If Becton ends up getting Burrow injured everyone involved in this signing needs to be fired by the Brown family right on the spot.  That goes for both Zac and Duke too because both had to sign off on this even if Pollack was the one pushing for Becton to be signed.

I'd hate for my livelihood to be based on whether or not Joe Burrow gets injured. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 04:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd hate for my livelihood to be based on whether or not Joe Burrow gets injured. 

True but as much of an injury history as Burrow has, you would want to limit the hits he does take.  Signing the guy that led the NFL in sacks allowed is a horrible decision if you are wanting to protect Burrow as much as you can.  Im not a fan of the Becton signing at all  What is his upside?  He goes back to his playing like he did his one good season.  He still allowed the 5th most sacks that year at 7.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 03:52 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Big yikes. 

The scarier part is that Garrett was likely getting by Jonah in 2.1 seconds.  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
So……….did we sign the dude?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 07:14 PM)TKUHL Wrote: So……….did we sign the dude?

Nope, and not sure what plan B is now that he’s gone. No DL either. But we aren’t nervous lol
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 04:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd hate for my livelihood to be based on whether or not Joe Burrow gets injured. 

The 9'ers had stacked OL's for years, but their QB's kept getting hurt.  There isn't as big s correlation between your OL being good/bad and your QB getting hurt or not as people try to pretend.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 07:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: The 9'ers had stacked OL's for years, but their QB's kept getting hurt.  There isn't as big s correlation between your OL being good/bad and your QB getting hurt or not as people try to pretend.

Jimmy G is one of the most fragile qbs we have seen. Also, Mcgkinchey was always a weak spot. He was honestly their Jonah Williams. Viewed in a decent light outside of their own fan base who actually watches all snaps
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 07:42 PM)CottonHill Wrote: Jimmy G is one of the most fragile qbs we have seen. Also, Mcgkinchey was always a weak spot. He was honestly their Jonah Williams. Viewed in a decent light outside of their own fan base who actually watches all snaps

But yet Jonah has played like 2 or 3 seasons less than McGlinchey but given up more sacks? Nice comparison Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 07:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: The 9'ers had stacked OL's for years, but their QB's kept getting hurt.  There isn't as big s correlation between your OL being good/bad and your QB getting hurt or not as people try to pretend.

Jimmy G is a special case. He's made of sugar glass

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 07:45 PM)pulses Wrote: But yet Jonah has played like 2 or 3 seasons less than McGlinchey but given up more sacks? Nice comparison Hilarious

Snarky post with zero nuance. There is a lot more to line play than sacks. Not to mention jimmy G has one of the quickest releases and Shannahans offense is built to get the ball out quick. Ours is the opposite and Joe isn’t scared to take a sack.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 08:17 PM)CottonHill Wrote: Snarky post with zero nuance. There is a lot more to line play than sacks. Not to mention jimmy G has one of the quickest releases and Shannahans offense is built to get the ball out quick. Ours is the opposite and Joe isn’t scared to take a sack.

But yet also McGlinchey's PFF is higher almost every single year too.....nothing snarky about the numbers they don't lie
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 08:18 PM)pulses Wrote: But yet also McGlinchey's PFF is higher almost every single year too.....nothing snarky about the numbers they don't lie

That doesn’t change my point at all. Niners fans were always wanting to move on from McGkinch, fair or not. Also, they have been fortunate to go from Joe Staley to Trent Williams on the left side so I’m sure he looked worse in contrast with them
Reply/Quote
So no Becton?
Now they can line up a visit with Andre Dillon and this board will really explode!
Reply/Quote
from my understanding Becton would come in to compete for LG and RT, The guy is so young that he has the possibility of being great in the future. Also the one really good year he had was under Pollack, I wouldn't be surprised if he signs tomorrow.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 05:38 AM)Okeana Wrote: from my understanding Becton would come in to compete for LG and RT, The guy is so young that he has the possibility of being great in the future. Also the one really good year he had was under Pollack, I wouldn't be surprised if he signs tomorrow.
Wouldn't mind him to compete w Volson but I really don't want him as our starting RT and am REALLY hoping pick #18 is a RT. Between Becton's injury history and Carman's 2023-year-long-healthy-gameday-inactive...I truly am scared for Joe Burrow. I guess Sample will be lining up on the right side A LOT this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 08:17 PM)CottonHill Wrote: Snarky post with zero nuance. There is a lot more to line play than sacks. Not to mention jimmy G has one of the quickest releases and Shannahans offense is built to get the ball out quick. Ours is the opposite and Joe isn’t scared to take a sack.

Actually Joe is #5
https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/fastest-average-throwing-release-time-for-qbs-2023
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2024, 09:23 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Wouldn't mind him to compete w Volson but I really don't want him as our starting RT and am REALLY hoping pick #18 is a RT. Between Becton's injury history and Carman's 2023-year-long-healthy-gameday-inactive...I truly am scared for Joe Burrow. I guess Sample will be lining up on the right side A LOT this year.

What player at 18 do you feel fits the RT role on our team?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote