Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Becton visiting
(03-14-2024, 11:29 PM)Joelist Wrote: Becton is still in town Lutz is wrong. He was spotted with the coaches, Tart and Burrow at Ruby's after Lutz made this post.

crap we need Healthy OL 
Reply/Quote
They actually rolling out the red carpet for the guy....

They must really want him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 08:13 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: crap we need Healthy OL 

There's no downside to adding some depth for cheap, like Cam Fleming.  Ideally you find a vet that can play G or T.  We are in win now mode so if some of the kids like Smith or Carman get beat out by a vet so be it.  This is in addition to them probably going tackle early.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 10:00 AM)phil413 Wrote: There's no downside to adding some depth for cheap, like Cam Fleming.  Ideally you find a vet that can play G or T.  We are in win now mode so if some of the kids like Smith or Carman get beat out by a vet so be it.  This is in addition to them probably going tackle early.

If we add him cheap then sure  IF hes the Starting plan we really need a good backup
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 10:07 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: If we add him cheap then sure  IF hes the Starting plan we really need a good backup

I mean he would be a swing tackle behind Becton and Smith.  It would buy time for a rookie, or if one of the tackle prospects are better off at guard or could compete there we may have an LG upgrade and not have to shuffle a guy around again like we have with other youngsters but keep them there for a year.  
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 10:19 AM)phil413 Wrote: I mean he would be a swing tackle behind Becton and Smith.  It would buy time for a rookie, or if one of the tackle prospects are better off at guard or could compete there we may have an LG upgrade and not have to shuffle a guy around again like we have with other youngsters but keep them there for a year.  

who you talking about i was tackling about Becton lol
Reply/Quote
IF Becton were to sign, I'd have to imagine it'd be at a very cheap cost, as his injury history and performance has not warranted anything more than $4 mill APY.
I see Becton as a high-risk but high-upside potential, ideally as a backup to push out one of Smith or Carman.
I'd think personally Smith since he's done even less than Carman and less position-versatile.

And IF Becton were to sign, I'd say it's nearly guaranteed that a RT would be drafted within the Top 50 picks and would be the favorite to actually start at RT by the start of the season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Some source is saying he signed. I haven't found any other verification so far:

Mekhi Becton now a former Jet, signs with Bengals
Story by Billy Riccette • 13h • 1 min read .... Becton is now a member of the Cincinnati Bengals.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/mekhi-becton-now-a-former-jet-signs-with-bengals/ar-BB1jUWUR

Edit: The article says it first appeared on Jets Wire -- but that linked page is missing. Not sure someone didn't jump the gun.
Reply/Quote
This guys stats were absolutely horrendous last year. Also has said he doesnt feel comfortable RT planting on that right leg. Hate the signing if true. Poor Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 10:35 AM)Nepa Wrote: Some source is saying he signed. I haven't found any other verification so far:

Mekhi Becton now a former Jet, signs with Bengals
Story by Billy Riccette • 13h • 1 min read .... Becton is now a member of the Cincinnati Bengals.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/mekhi-becton-now-a-former-jet-signs-with-bengals/ar-BB1jUWUR

Edit: The article  says it first appeared on Jets Wire -- but that linked page is missing.  Not sure someone didn't jump the gun.

Yes, that's the same story that I saw early this morning.  Haven't seen a thing on the topic since.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 10:00 AM)phil413 Wrote: There's no downside to adding some depth for cheap, like Cam Fleming.  Ideally you find a vet that can play G or T.  We are in win now mode so if some of the kids like Smith or Carman get beat out by a vet so be it.  This is in addition to them probably going tackle early.

They arent rolling out the red carpet for Becton to be depth.  He would be the starting RT.  With all the complaining fans have done for years about not having a good offensive line and all the talk about getting Burrow injured, the Bengals want to sign the guy that led the NFL in sacks allowed with 12.  The same guy that was #2 in penalties at 18.  That kind of play kills your offense and risks injuring your QB.  I dont want to hear any excuses about his knee was injured so he didnt play as well.  That knee has been injured since 2021.   If Becton wasnt a former 1st round draft pick and was instead a 7th round pick, would anyone want to give this guy so much attention.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 02:38 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: They arent rolling out the red carpet for Becton to be depth.  He would be the starting RT.  With all the complaining fans have done for years about not having a good offensive line and all the talk about getting Burrow injured, the Bengals want to sign the guy that led the NFL in sacks allowed with 12.  The same guy that was #2 in penalties at 18.  That kind of play kills your offense and risks injuring your QB.  I dont want to hear any excuses about his knee was injured so he didnt play as well.  That knee has been injured since 2021.   If Becton wasnt a former 1st round draft pick and was instead a 7th round pick, would anyone want to give this guy so much attention.

Fleming would be depth behind Becton if a rookie isn't ready yet.  Need to cover your bases. 
Reply/Quote
If they are actually signing Becton I agree with others that it better be a cheap 1 year prove it deal.

Also, I was told Becton was the 12th overall pick a few years ago, it was actually 11th overall according to pff.

He is one big ass dude at 363 pounds and Garrett and Watt might have some trouble moving him unlike Jonah.

We will see, but the injuries would have to be behind him for us to sign him in the first place.
Reply/Quote
Becton vs. TJ Watt and Myles Garret four times a year. I am sure those guys are licking their chops.

Seriously, what are we doing Benagls front office?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 03:36 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Becton vs. TJ Watt and Myles Garret four times a year. I am sure those guys are licking their chops.

Seriously, what are we doing Benagls front office?

I haven't really watched Becton play, but another one of our respected posters said he was watching Becton play against Garrett last 
year and he was holding his own and at least wasn't getting rag dolled like Jonah does when going against him and Twatt.
Reply/Quote
As other have stated, I am hopeful Becton is able to be an immediate upgrade at LG, and the Bengals seek out a more viable option for RT (vet and draft pick).

Hopefully the Bengals are sealing the deal now, then moving on to inking Tart.
Reply/Quote
Tart is more important than Becton.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 03:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I haven't really watched Becton play, but another one of our respected posters said he was watching Becton play against Garrett last 
year and he was holding his own and at least wasn't getting rag dolled like Jonah does when going against him and Twatt.

Myles Garrett recorded all six of his pressures against Mekhi Becton in under 2.5 seconds in Week 17.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 03:48 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Myles Garrett recorded all six of his pressures against Mekhi Becton in under 2.5 seconds in Week 17.

Big yikes. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 03:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If they are actually signing Becton I agree with others that it better be a cheap 1 year prove it deal.

Also, I was told Becton was the 12th overall pick a few years ago, it was actually 11th overall according to pff.

He is one big ass dude at 363 pounds and Garrett and Watt might have some trouble moving him unlike Jonah.

We will see, but the injuries would have to be behind him for us to sign him in the first place.

Hard to move YES hard to run around not so much
Reply/Quote