Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ben Carson: It was OK for me to do research on aborted fetuses
http://www.vox.com/2015/8/13/9148345/ben-carson-fetal-tissue

Classic "do as I say, not as I do" conservative.
I'm not happy with this answer. If he said something like, it was 1992 and I have changed my views since then, I could get behind that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Obviously this is wrong. But in no way makes anything pp is doing legitimate.

I'm sure he will address this.
(08-14-2015, 12:59 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Obviously this is wrong.   But in no way makes anything pp is doing legitimate.    

I'm sure he will address this.

He did.  He said he did it but its different because....he feels bad about it now?

Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-13-2015, 03:16 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: http://www.vox.com/2015/8/13/9148345/ben-carson-fetal-tissue

Classic "do as I say, not as I do" conservative.

Here is his actual reply:  I wanted to use our time tonight to directly deal with an attack launched on me today by the left and the media. A couple questions came in on this subject, so I want to address it head on.

Today I was accused by the press as having done research on fetal tissue. It simply is not true. The study they distributed by an anonymous source was done in 1992. The study was about tumors. I won’t bore you with the science. There were four doctors' names on the study. One was mine. I spent my life studying brain tumors and removing them. My only involvement in this study was supplying tumors that I had removed from my patients. Those tissue samples were compared to other tissue samples under a microscope. Pathologists do this work to gain clues about tumors.
I, nor any of the doctors involved with this study, had anything to do with abortion or what Planned Parenthood has been doing. Research hospitals across the country have microscope slides of all kinds of tissue to compare and contrast. The fetal tissue that was viewed in this study by others was not collected for this study.
I am sickened by the attack that I, after having spent my entire life caring for children, had something to do with aborting a child and harvesting organs. My medical specialty is the human brain and even I am amazed at what it is capable of doing. Please know these attacks are pathetic attempts to blunt our progress.

That's his real response.  Not the one posted by the op.  

And I know why they attacked.  They attacked because Carson has been telling the truth about Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, and the fact that she was a racist who started Planned Parenthood in order to annihilate people she thought were inferior, especially African Americans.  
Pro-Choice folks know what they support is morally repugnant and will do whatever they can to make those that oppose it to appear hypocritical. It is why they insist on asking questions such as: “Including cases that involve incest or rape?” and why they will ignore the scientific fact that life begins at conception.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-14-2015, 11:00 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Here is his actual reply:  I wanted to use our time tonight to directly deal with an attack launched on me today by the left and the media. A couple questions came in on this subject, so I want to address it head on.

Today I was accused by the press as having done research on fetal tissue. It simply is not true. The study they distributed by an anonymous source was done in 1992. The study was about tumors. I won’t bore you with the science. There were four doctors' names on the study. One was mine. I spent my life studying brain tumors and removing them. My only involvement in this study was supplying tumors that I had removed from my patients. Those tissue samples were compared to other tissue samples under a microscope. Pathologists do this work to gain clues about tumors.
I, nor any of the doctors involved with this study, had anything to do with abortion or what Planned Parenthood has been doing. Research hospitals across the country have microscope slides of all kinds of tissue to compare and contrast. The fetal tissue that was viewed in this study by others was not collected for this study.
I am sickened by the attack that I, after having spent my entire life caring for children, had something to do with aborting a child and harvesting organs. My medical specialty is the human brain and even I am amazed at what it is capable of doing. Please know these attacks are pathetic attempts to blunt our progress.

And I know why they attacked.  They attacked because Carson has been telling the truth about Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, and the fact that she was a racist who started Planned Parenthood in order to annihilate people she thought were inferior, especially African Americans.  

No, that is his response after his response was shown to make him a hypocrite. Saying "Hey, we didn't ask for this material...we just used it and I signed off on it" doesn't absolve him. The research he signed off on resulted from aborted fetus material.

He'll be on the talk shows this weekend "clarifying" his position...again.

(08-14-2015, 11:18 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Pro-Choice folks know what they support is morally repugnant and will do whatever they can to make those that oppose it to appear hypocritical. It is why they insist on asking questions such as: “Including cases that involve incest or rape?” and why they will ignore the scientific fact that life begins at conception.

Hey Dr. Carson said its fine to kill a baby in certain circumstances.  Take it up with him as a "pro-life" candidate.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-14-2015, 11:18 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Pro-Choice folks know what they support is morally repugnant and will do whatever they can to make those that oppose it to appear hypocritical. It is why they insist on asking questions such as: “Including cases that involve incest or rape?” and why they will ignore the scientific fact that life begins at conception.

No, you find it morally repugnant, most pro-choice people do not.  But your statement is telling, you are adamant that you're right and will tolerate no dissenting opinion.  I don't criticize you for not wanting to get an abortion or supporting it.  It's a shame you can't be an adult and extend the same courtesy to others.
(08-14-2015, 11:58 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, you find it morally repugnant, most pro-choice people do not.  But your statement is telling, you are adamant that you're right and will tolerate no dissenting opinion.  I don't criticize you for not wanting to get an abortion or supporting it.  It's a shame you can't be an adult and extend the same courtesy to others.

I've actually seen a few Pro-Choicers here admit as much. Many state even though they abhor the action, the feel the woman's rights take precedence. Apparently, you are not in that category and have no issue with the morality of the matter.

BTW most folks are adamant that they are right; I don't think it's just a "me" issue. It is called conviction.

(08-14-2015, 11:58 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, you find it morally repugnant, most pro-choice people do not.  But your statement is telling, you are adamant that you're right and will tolerate no dissenting opinion.  I don't criticize you for not wanting to get an abortion or supporting it.  It's a shame you can't be an adult and extend the same courtesy to others.

(08-14-2015, 12:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've actually seen a few Pro-Choicers here admit as much. Many state even though they abhor the action, the feel the woman's rights take precedence. Apparently, you are not in that category and have no issue with the morality of the matter.

BTW most folks are adamant that they are right; I don't think it's just a "me" issue. It is called conviction.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

SteelCitySouth Wrote:I got nothing

bfine32 Wrote:I've actually seen a few Pro-Choicers here admit as much. Many state even though they abhor the action, the feel the woman's rights take precedence. Apparently, you are not in that category and have no issue with the morality of the matter.

BTW most folks are adamant that they are right; I don't think it's just a "me" issue. It is called conviction.[

(08-14-2015, 11:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: No, that is his response after his response was shown to make him a hypocrite.  Saying "Hey, we didn't ask for this material...we just used it and I signed off on it" doesn't absolve him.  The research he signed off on resulted from aborted fetus material.

He'll be on the talk shows this weekend "clarifying" his position...again.

Hey Dr. Carson said its fine to kill a baby in certain circumstances.  Take it up with him as a "pro-life" candidate.

Perhaps they were not marked as such, kind of like "top secret" emails.
Ninja
(08-14-2015, 11:00 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Here is his actual reply:  I wanted to use our time tonight to directly deal with an attack launched on me today by the left and the media. A couple questions came in on this subject, so I want to address it head on.

He can certainly talk out of both sides of his mouth like a life-long politician.

Here is the full text of the study...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qsiyzczf7mh23ng/Colloid%20Cysts%20of%20the%20Third%20Ventricle%20-%20tsuchida%2092.pdf?dl=0

Unlike Ben, I will bore you with the science.

The study involves the histogenesis of colloid cysts.  Colloid cysts are brain tumors.  Histogenesis involves the differentiation of cells.  According to the paper, there are two competing hypotheses; one proposes colloid cysts develop from parts of the fetal brain, the second proposes colloid cysts develop from something other than the fetal brain.  Tracking so far?

You cannot determine if colloid cysts develop from fetal brain tissue unless you study the fetal brain tissue you think colloid cysts develop from.  There is no way you can be involved in a research study involving the histogenesis of colloid cysts from fetal brain tissue without knowing fetal brain tissue is going to be used during the study.

Carson is splitting the thinnest of hairs; basically stating he personally didn't do research of fetal tissue while fully knowing fetal tissue was necessary for the control.  No, he didn't do research on fetal tissue.  Yes, he did research of colloid cysts.  But, the fetal tissue was necessary to test the hypothesis of the histogenesis of colloid cysts from the embryonic paraphysis.  He is being intellectually dishonest and relying upon other's ignorance of the science involved. 

Basically, he just proved he is qualified to be a politician.

"Pro-choice folks" support people making their own decisions based upon their morals, values, and beliefs.  Not yours.

Are human sperm and eggs alive or dead?  It is a scientific fact both are alive.  Which means life begins before conception.  Do spermatozoa have individual rights?  No.
Carson's dishonest "revision" to his initial response is laughable; deliberate obfuscation through the use of jargon. When he fails at the presidential campaign, he should get a job writing pseudo-science for Answers in Genesis.
(08-14-2015, 03:16 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Carson's dishonest "revision" to his initial response is laughable; deliberate obfuscation through the use of jargon. When he fails at the presidential campaign, he should get a job writing pseudo-science for Answers in Genesis.

I don't think it's dishonest at all.  Let's talk about the reason for the attacks in the first place:  He is telling the truth about the racist founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger.
(08-14-2015, 03:19 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I don't think it's dishonest at all.  Let's talk about the reason for the attacks in the first place:  He is telling the truth about the racist founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger.

Let's not change the subject.

Carson was involved in a study which included research of fetal brains. Those fetuses were aborted. He has carefully written his response to make it appear as though this is not the case, when it 100% is.
(08-14-2015, 03:19 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I don't think it's dishonest at all.  Let's talk about the reason for the attacks in the first place:  He is telling the truth about the racist founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger.

Did you not read my explanation?
(08-14-2015, 03:22 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Let's not change the subject.

Carson was involved in a study which included research of fetal brains. Those fetuses were aborted. He has carefully written his response to make it appear as though this is not the case, when it 100% is.

This subject is very relevant because this is the reason they dug through his medical research back to 1992. They had to go 25 years to find ANYTHING.  He has been bringing up Margaret Sanger's racism and the real reason she started Planned Parenthood.  She wanted to eradicate the black population.  Since the Democrat power base is built on the backs of dead babies, they had to do something to try and stop him. Hopefully it doesn't stop him.
(08-14-2015, 03:28 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: This subject is very relevant because this is the reason they dug through his medical research back to 1992.  They had to go 25 years to find ANYTHING.  He has been bringing up Margaret Sanger's racism and the real reason she started Planned Parenthood.  She wanted to eradicate the black population.  Since the Democrat power base is built on the backs of dead babies, they had to do something to try and stop him.  Hopefully it doesn't stop him.

"Democrat power base" is incorrect grammar. The word you were looking for is "Democratic".

People are free to read about Sanger anytime they want. This came out because he has publicly condemned the use of aborted fetuses for research when he himself has been involved in it.