Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Bengal Injury update
No Alex Cappa or Jonah Williams at practice

Ted Karas is in uniform and is participating

Tre Flowers is at least stretching with the team

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I’m not anticipating that Kappa or Williams play, but even with the gutsy o-line performance last week, I’d still much rather see the starters in there.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wednesday is vets day off - let's see tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 03:39 PM)pally Wrote: No Alex Cappa or Jonah Williams at practice

Ted Karas is in uniform and is participating

Tre Flowers is at least stretching with the team

No Cappa or Williams even on the rehab field?  I'm guessing they will be out on Sunday. Bengals could use Flowers as another defender for Kelce.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 03:51 PM)Nepa Wrote: No Cappa or Williams even on the rehab field?  I'm guessing they will be out on Sunday. Bengals could use Flowers as another defender for Kelce.

they are practicing inside Paycor today so rehab would be on the mini-field under the stadium where the reporters can't see

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 04:03 PM)pally Wrote: they are practicing inside Paycor today so rehab would be on the mini-field under the stadium where the reporters can't see

Great. Thanks.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 04:14 PM)Nepa Wrote: Great. Thanks.

the reporters are saying outside conditions are pretty bad.  I would hope that they would be very conservative with these 2 guys

Reply/Quote
Cappa is the guy I really want in there. We need all hands on deck for Chris Jones inside. Jonah id like to be able to play but my take on it is let Carman start the game and if he struggles bring in a less than 100% Jonah. Reassess if we win and Jonah has 2 weeks to get close to 100%.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 04:36 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Cappa is the guy I really want in there.   We need all hands on deck for Chris Jones inside.  Jonah id like to be able to play but my take on it is let Carman start the game and if he struggles bring in a less than 100% Jonah.  Reassess if we win and Jonah has 2 weeks to get close to 100%.

Well, I just watched a video of Cappa moving in a walking boot, while Mahomes was jogging on a practice field without any obvious tape job. Looks like only one of those is going to play on Sunday.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 05:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Wonderful news. Thank you.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 05:37 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Mahomes will play.  That’s the way we want it.  Our best against their best.  No excuses.

Then let 3 of their starting linemen sit out, only then will it be our best against their best. 

While you at it, let their best defensive back  sit out as well.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 05:37 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Mahomes will play.  That’s the way we want it.  Our best against their best.  No excuses.
Did anyone see the interview with KC's HC Reid?  He starts out saying Mahomes is fine and then later in the interview he says, "He [Mahomes] will start and Andy will watch him closely to see how Patrick is doing, and if he's putting himself in danger or making the injury worse then Hennie will go in."

We've beaten KC 3-times with a 100% healthy Mahomes, so we just need to prepare for him to be 100%.  I do think a guy to watch out for is Jerick McKinnon.  McKinnon is the better back for picking up the blitz, so he'll be out there more to protect Patrick. Isiah Pacheco is clearly the more productive back, but McKinnon will see the field more due to it being his job to pass block for Mahomes.  I expect them to also play the screen game with Mahomes in the shotgun to McKinnon, b/c we're going to take the Kelce option away.
Reply/Quote
Zac said Flowers was trending upwards. He gave a non commital "we'll see" to Johnah and Alex

KC is in good shape. They only had one player even limited and it wasn't Patrick Mahomes. It was a 3rd string WR. Everyone else, including Mahomes, was a full go

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 07:20 PM)pally Wrote: Zac said Flowers was trending upwards.  He gave a non commital "we'll see" to Johnah and Alex

KC is in good shape.  They only had one player even limited and it wasn't Patrick Mahomes.  It was a 3rd string WR.  Everyone else, including Mahomes, was a full go

So, Mahomes wasn't even a "limited in practice"? I'm seriously beginning to doubt he actually had a high ankle sprain, based on all the analysis of the recovery time. Maybe it was another ankle injury and they just threw out "high ankle sprain." I would not be surprised to see the betting line change to favor the Chiefs based on the Chiefs' practice today.
Reply/Quote
Personally, I want Carman to start the game. Williams was struggling with one kneecap dislocation. I would hate to see him try to perform with two.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 07:55 PM)Nepa Wrote: So, Mahomes wasn't even a "limited in practice"? I'm seriously beginning to doubt he actually had a high ankle sprain, based on all the analysis of the recovery time. Maybe it was another ankle injury and they just threw out "high ankle sprain." I would not be surprised to see the betting line change to favor the Chiefs based on the Chiefs' practice today.

I think the Chiefs are doing everything in their power to get people to believe that Mahomes ankle is a "non issue" - hence showing video of him practicing fine and not listing him as limited. 

In no world is he not limited. This is just gamesmanship from KC. I think Mahomes ankle is giving him more issues than the Chiefs are letting on. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 10:51 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think the Chiefs are doing everything in their power to get people to believe that Mahomes ankle is a "non issue" - hence showing video of him practicing fine and not listing him as limited. 

In no world is he not limited. This is just gamesmanship from KC. I think Mahomes ankle is giving him more issues than the Chiefs are letting on. 

Not entirely true.  I saw a recent podcast lead by Joe Thomas with Whitworth as his guest and another former pro tackle as the co-host.  They all completely dismissed the severity of Mahomes injury, basically saying, (paraphrasing) "They'll wrap it, shoot it up (they mentioned the drug but I forget) every day, and he'll be running around like always."

They were even laughing about all the hoopla surrounding the injury.  They were like, "what do people think they did in the locker room that allowed him to come back out and play?"

Anyway, just sharing the perspective from three former pro bowl tackles.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 12:15 PM)Stewy Wrote: Not entirely true.  I saw a recent podcast lead by Joe Thomas with Whitworth as his guest and another former pro tackle as the co-host.  They all completely dismissed the severity of Mahomes injury, basically saying, (paraphrasing) "They'll wrap it, shoot it up (they mentioned the drug but I forget) every day, and he'll be running around like always."

They were even laughing about all the hoopla surrounding the injury.  They were like, "what do people think they did in the locker room that allowed him to come back out and play?"

Yes, he came back out and played but he couldn't put any weight on it at all without being in what appeared to be severe pain. We all know he'll play and probably play well, but none of the videos we've seen show him making any lateral movement at all. From what I've read about HAS's moving forward at a normal walking pace is fairly pain free, but when you start trying to cut laterally is when the pain factor escalates.  

That said, the guys are right, they'll shoot him up and tape him up nice and tight and he'll play.  It's going to be super cold though, so I hope we can get a few (clean) hits on him that aren't intended to injure him further but also make him miserable. 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 12:15 PM)Stewy Wrote: Not entirely true.  I saw a recent podcast lead by Joe Thomas with Whitworth as his guest and another former pro tackle as the co-host.  They all completely dismissed the severity of Mahomes injury, basically saying, (paraphrasing) "They'll wrap it, shoot it up (they mentioned the drug but I forget) every day, and he'll be running around like always."

Toradol.  It's an anti-inflammatory.
Reply/Quote