Don't play the game.

If Baltimore wins next week give them the Division and we take #5 seed

If Cincy wins and KC and BUF loses give us the #1 seed

If Cincy wins and KC or Buf loses give us the #2 seed

If Cincy wins and KC and Buf win give us the #3 seed
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 06:00 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: I have a feeling they're going to have to play this game after week 18. The team that would get screwed the most by the not playing of it would be the Buffalo Bills, which seems such an insult. They go from possible first round bye and home field advantage in what's one of the strongest advantages in the league playing in Buffalo in the playoffs. Seems like a really bad look given what that team is going through right now. And just handing that advantage to KC wouldn't be remotely fair.

(01-03-2023, 06:11 PM)cinci4life Wrote: I don't think there is a scenario where they wouldn't play it. #1 will likely still be on the line for one or both teams and possibly the AFCN if the Ravens beat us Sunday. 

There are several reasons for NOT replaying this game.

#1.  There is no way they are moving the Super Bowl date.  Impossible.
#2.  Eliminating SB & Pro Bowl week would cost a ton of $$$ and the contract obligations & liability would be enormous.
#3.  Replaying this game in week 19 would result in the Bills and Bengals playoff opponents receiving a bye before playing them providing an obvious advantage.  If the Bengals were to win it would give KC 2 bye weeks were they to beat LV.

Least impactful scenario is to give the Bengals the win - they were winning and the Bills could not finish (heartless I know, but it is the only "earned" solution)

2nd least impactful would be a tie. This would negatively impact the Bengals, Bills, Ravens and help the Chiefs.

Other 2nd least impactful would be a tie. This would negatively impact the Bengals, Bills, Ravens and help the Chiefs.  Unless the NFL decides to go by division wins instead of win percentage then it benefits the Ravens.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 08:58 PM)casear2727 Wrote: There are several reasons for NOT replaying this game.

#1.  There is no way they are moving the Super Bowl date.  Impossible.
#2.  Eliminating SB & Pro Bowl week would cost a ton of $$$ and the contract obligations & liability would be enormous.
#3.  Replaying this game in week 19 would result in the Bills and Bengals playoff opponents receiving a bye before playing them providing an obvious advantage.  If the Bengals were to win it would give KC 2 bye weeks were they to beat LV.

Least impactful scenario is to give the Bengals the win - they were winning and the Bills could not finish (heartless I know, but it is the only "earned" solution)

2nd least impactful would be a tie. This would negatively impact the Bengals, Bills, Ravens and help the Chiefs.

Other 2nd least impactful would be a tie. This would negatively impact the Bengals, Bills, Ravens and help the Chiefs.  Unless the NFL decides to go by division wins instead of win percentage then it benefits the Ravens.

The longer it goes the more I believe this game will not be replayed. For so very many reasons. The main one of course being Damar and the players. Then of course all the schedule problems and just on and on.

I'd guess right now as you say they'll come to a decision like Bengals win, Tie, no contest. 

Just praying Damar pulls through this for now.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 09:04 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The longer it goes the more I believe this game will not be replayed. For so very many reasons. The main one of course being Damar and the players. Then of course all the schedule problems and just on and on.

I'd guess right now as you say they'll come to a decision like Bengals win, Tie, no contest. 

Just praying Damar pulls through this for now.

Some fellow by the name of Josh Wilson at Fansided wrote,  "At this point, yes, all signs point to the game being played at some point. The details, though, aren’t entirely certain just yet."  

"According to Vic Carucci, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell when, exactly, the game will be played.  Presumably, however, Goodell will consult with no shortage of folks inside the league office and with the respective teams to make the decision.

An alternative that is being considered, however, is the league adding a “19th week” to the season to make up the game, according to Carucci. His reporting is consistent with Rule 17, Article 9 of the 2022 rulebook.

According to the NFL’s 2022 rulebook, Rule 17 Article 8 says that if a game is interrupted and can not be finished the same day, the game should be played on a subsequent date to be determined by the commissioner. "

Wison continued, "the game will pick up where it left off per the NFL’s rulebook. At the time of the pause, the Bengals led 7-3 with 6:12 left in the first quarter. They will take the field with a fresh set of downs at the Buffalo 48 since their last play was a 13-yard pass on 2nd down.  He further added, "The league will try to first and foremost play the game in Cincinnati as originally scheduled. The NFL’s rulebook states, the league, “will attempt to schedule the game at its original site. If unable to do so, the Commissioner will schedule it at the nearest available facility.”

He closes by saying, "At this point, we don’t know for certain, but presumably, the game will honor the original tickets."

I don't know whether he wrote this prior to the NFL's announcement today or not. 

NEXT: Ev
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Boomer had a very good suggestion. (Somebody here may have said it too) Move this weekend's games to next weekend and let the Bengals and Bills play this Monday Night.(so no games this weekend). Then play this weekends games next weekend backing the playoffs up a week and do away with one of the two weeks between the Conference Championshiops and tbe SB.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 09:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Boomer had a very good suggestion. (Somebody here may have said it too) Move this weekend's games to next weekend and let the Bengals and Bills play this Monday Night.(so no games this weekend). Then play this weekends games next weekend backing the playoffs up a week and do away with one of the two weeks between the Conference Championshiops and tbe SB.

That give every team in the NFL except Cincy/Buff an extra bye-week. 

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 09:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Boomer had a very good suggestion. (Somebody here may have said it too) Move this weekend's games to next weekend and let the Bengals and Bills play this Monday Night.(so no games this weekend). Then play this weekends games next weekend backing the playoffs up a week and do away with one of the two weeks between the Conference Championshiops and tbe SB.

I thought they would replay this game this Weds/Thurs night. Move both Bengals/Bills games this weekend to next Monday night.

But with the announcement, it seems like the league may be considering postponing all games this coming weekend.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 09:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That give every team in the NFL except Cincy/Buff an extra bye-week. 

Well, Cincy and Buffalo didn't even play a full quarter yesterday. Granted, the Bills had to travel, but any scenario is going to be a negative for some team. The other 30 teams, I'm sure, would rather it not be them.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Well, somebody is going to complain about the solution. It is only a game and should just be conceded. The Bills and Bengals should just finish the season with 16 games and let the cards fall wherever.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 09:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That give every team in the NFL except Cincy/Buff an extra bye-week. 

I mean except Cincy and Buffalo played only 10 minutes of a game this week.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 09:41 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Some fellow by the name of Josh Wilson at Fansided wrote,  "At this point, yes, all signs point to the game being played at some point. The details, though, aren’t entirely certain just yet."  

"According to Vic Carucci, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell when, exactly, the game will be played.  Presumably, however, Goodell will consult with no shortage of folks inside the league office and with the respective teams to make the decision.

An alternative that is being considered, however, is the league adding a “19th week” to the season to make up the game, according to Carucci. His reporting is consistent with Rule 17, Article 9 of the 2022 rulebook.

According to the NFL’s 2022 rulebook, Rule 17 Article 8 says that if a game is interrupted and can not be finished the same day, the game should be played on a subsequent date to be determined by the commissioner. "

Wison continued, "the game will pick up where it left off per the NFL’s rulebook. At the time of the pause, the Bengals led 7-3 with 6:12 left in the first quarter. They will take the field with a fresh set of downs at the Buffalo 48 since their last play was a 13-yard pass on 2nd down.  He further added, "The league will try to first and foremost play the game in Cincinnati as originally scheduled. The NFL’s rulebook states, the league, “will attempt to schedule the game at its original site. If unable to do so, the Commissioner will schedule it at the nearest available facility.”

He closes by saying, "At this point, we don’t know for certain, but presumably, the game will honor the original tickets."

I don't know whether he wrote this prior to the NFL's announcement today or not. 

NEXT: Ev

i love this scenario. At this point, it is called a "postponement," which means it will be played at some point. 

There are no playoff games scheduled as yet. So moving the games by one week is an option. The Super Bowl stays the same, of course, but loses one of the two weeks that occur prior. 

Let's play the game. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:14 PM)Nepa Wrote: i love this scenario. At this point, it is called a "postponement," which means it will be played at some point. 

There are no playoff games scheduled as yet. So moving the games by one week is an option. The Super Bowl stays the same, of course, but loses one of the two weeks that occur prior. 

Let's play the game. 

[Image: SuMEpH.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:05 PM)Destro Wrote: Well, Cincy and Buffalo didn't even play a full quarter yesterday. Granted, the Bills had to travel, but any scenario is going to be a negative for some team. The other 30 teams, I'm sure, would rather it not be them.

The actual game is often the easiest part of the week. 

As I suggested earlier. Call the game a "no contest" and see my last post for the Bengals scenario.

Nexy week:

Cincy wins/ KC loses/ Buff loses: Cincy-1, Buf-2, KC-3
Cincy wins /KC wins/ Buf wins: Buf 1, KC-2, Cin-3
Cincy wins/ KC wins/ Buf loses: KC-1/ CIN-2/Buf-3
Cincy wins/KC loses/BUF wins: BUF-1, CIN-2,KC-3
Cincy loses KC wins/ Buf loses: KC-1, Buf-2, Bal-3. Cincy-5
Cincy loses/ KC wins/Buf wins: BUF-1, KC-2, BAL-3, Cincy-5
Cincy loses/KC loses/BUF loses:  BUF-1, KC-2, BAL-3, Cincy-5
Cincy loses/KC loses/Buf wins: BUF-1, KC-2, BAL-3, Cincy-5

The only team it hurts is Cincy, but they've lost to BALT twice and they are the only team that winning alone helps

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:13 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I mean except Cincy and Buffalo played only 10 minutes of a game this week.

See my first line in above post

Reply/Quote

At this point that's about as good as it's going to get. It's not going to make everyone 100% happy. That's impossible. You could argue the Bengals and Bills had somewhat of a buy this week. They played like 15 snaps. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

(01-03-2023, 09:58 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I thought they would replay this game this Weds/Thurs night. Move both Bengals/Bills games this weekend to next Monday night.

But with the announcement, it seems like the league may be considering postponing all games this coming weekend.

Postponing all games this week and allowing the Bengals-Bills to finish the game is so much better for us than moving the Bengals-Bills game to week 19 and allowing all other playoff teams to have a bye which would be much more consequential than allowing all teams a bye before week 18.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: See my first line in above post

When players talk about the bye week, they always talk about it’s a good chance to get healthy.

The bye week is to help people recover, and some extra planning, so your first line really means nothing or doesn’t refute my point about the Bengals and Bills only playing 10 minutes. There were some bumps and bruises and of course the 2 injuries to Bills players, but the toll it takes versus a full game is small. So it’s as close to a “bye” as they would get.

I doubt it’s happening, but if they did postpone week 18 aside from Bengals Bills it still only gives a week before the playoffs for every playoff team.

It beats conceding and essentially being punished for doing nothing wrong. But I doubt it happens.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:29 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Postponing all games this week and allowing the Bengals-Bills to finish the game is so much better for us than moving the Bengals-Bills game to week 19 and allowing all other playoff teams to have a bye which would be much more consequential than allowing all teams a bye before week 18.

I like this path better too than moving Bengals -Bills a week later.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:14 PM)Nepa Wrote: i love this scenario. At this point, it is called a "postponement," which means it will be played at some point. 

Let's play the game. 

It's absolutely the best and most fair way to resolve this.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:29 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: When players talk about the bye week, they always talk about it’s a good change to get healthy.

The bye week is to help people recover, and some extra planning, so your first line really means nothing or doesn’t refute my point about the Bengals and Bills only playing 10 minutes. There were some bumps and bruises and of course the 2 injuries to Bills players, but the toll it takes versus a full game is small. So it’s as close to a “bye” as they would get.

I doubt it’s happening, but if they did postpone week 18 aside from Bengals Bills it still only gives a week before the playoffs for every playoff team.

It beats conceding and essentially being punished for doing nothing wrong. But I doubt it happens.
Yes, because they get time off from practice to rehab/rest. The Bengals/Buffalo got 54 minutes off, if you consider what they went through last night as "off".

Reply/Quote