Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals/Bills game update
(01-03-2023, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, because they get time off from practice to rehab/rest. 

Well in this case everyone is still practicing, so it still doesn’t prove your point. No one has not practiced yet. You’re still missing the mark on backing up your point.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, because they get time off from practice to rehab/rest. The Bengals/Buffalo got 54 minutes off, if you consider what they went through last night as "off".

Teams are still practicing. So they aren’t “off” either.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:33 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Well in this case everyone is still practicing, so it still doesn’t prove your point. No one has not practiced yet. You’re still missing the mark on backing up your point.

Practicing usually starts on Wednesday. Monday is recovery/ Tuesday is game planning. If the extra week is called tomorrow, every team but Cincy/Buff can reboot and don't have to worry about travel/ game-prep.

You'll have to excuse me if I don't agree with your assertions that I'm missing the mark. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:34 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Teams are still practicing. So they aren’t “off” either.

Did you really need to reply to it twice? I got you're unsure of what you're talking about after the 1st one.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Practicing usually starts on Wednesday. Monday is recovery/ Tuesday is game planning. If the extra week is called tomorrow, every team but Cincy/Buff can reboot and don't have to worry about travel/ game-prep.

You'll have to excuse me if I don't agree with your assertions that I'm missing the mark. 

Saturday games have already started their practices since everything moves up a day. They will start practicing tomorrow as no one will likely know, so you’re essentially giving them maybe 3 extra days if they call it tomorrow. I would argue 3 extra days for other teams is better than conceding a game to which you had no control over what happened.

Your new avatar suits you.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did you really need to reply to it twice? I got you're unsure of what you're talking about after the 1st one.

Well considering you edited your post after or while I was responding to add context, I just replied instead of editing.

I was considering deleting my last line from my previous post as I felt it might be too far, but you just affirmed it.

It’s hypothetical, and none us know what they will do, so it is what it is.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:46 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Well considering you edited your post after or while I was responding to add context, I just replied instead of editing.

I was considering deleting my last line from my previous post as I felt it might be too far, but you just affirmed it.

Well perhaps because in the posts before you asserted:

My point "means nothing"

and

"I missed the mark on backing up my post"

So you and others will have to excuse me if I replied in kind.

Leave all you posts; they suit you. 

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well perhaps because in the posts before you asserted:

My point "means nothing"

and

"I missed the mark on backing up my post"

So you and others will have to excuse me if I replied in kind.

Leave all you posts; they suit you. 

Truth hurts sometimes, BFred.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 10:53 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Truth hurts sometimes. BFred.

I can tell. 

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 09:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That give every team in the NFL except Cincy/Buff an extra bye-week. 

I’m all game on that. I totally think it’s a great idea.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 11:56 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i can tell you from experience  when someone you love is on a ventilator and in an induced coma it is extremely unsettling to say the least.  Just seeing them like that.  Not even thinking about what the outcome could be.

I saw it with my Dad. It broke me psychologically for a short time. We had to decide to let him go. The experience is a source of strength now, but at the time it was brutal.

He was a huge Bengal fan. The Bengals were beating the Eagles that day and he finally passed right as the clock expired. It felt like a last little nod to the bond we shared over sports.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 08:39 AM)Cicero Wrote: I saw it with my Dad. It broke me psychologically for a short time. We had to decide to let him go. The experience is a source of strength now, but at the time it was brutal.

He was a huge Bengal fan. The Bengals were beating the Eagles that day and he finally passed right as the clock expired. It felt like a last little nod to the bond we shared over sports.

Yeah my wife was on one for 2 weeks after a Septic Shock incident.   Worst 2 weeks of my life.   And we had just gone thru months of cancer treatment for her.

She pulled thru though
Reply/Quote
Curious to see that betting sites don’t have the Cin/Bal or Buf/NE games listed for this weekend
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 11:25 AM)LebanonFan Wrote: Curious to see that betting sites don’t have the Cin/Bal or Buf/NE games listed for this weekend

Seems sensible on their part to me.

We have absolutely no idea how ready the Bengals and Bills really are to play their games. I think they'll go ahead, but giving odds on the Bengals would be tough enough, considering we don't know where players are at mentally, let alone the Bills.

I think it's more an indication of that, rather than the games not going ahead personally.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 09:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That give every team in the NFL except Cincy/Buff an extra bye-week. 

There’s not going to be a perfect solution. Have to find the one that screws the fewest teams the least.
Reply/Quote
What is obvious, is that it is time for Roger Goodell, to get in front of the cameras and tell everybody what the NFL is thinking. People are smart enough to understand that this is a fluid situation

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 11:40 AM)pally Wrote: What is obvious, is that it is time for Roger Goodell, to get in front of the cameras and tell everybody what the NFL is thinking.  People are smart enough to understand that this is a fluid situation

I do think we're approaching the point where silence from the NFL isn't helping. They are in a bind though, coming out and making contingency plans based on Hamlin's health is probably quite a coarse way to go about things. They'll have to at some stage though I think. They should do what they can to discuss their general plan for the playoff schedule, I think that's somewhat possible without having to discuss what happen's based on Hamlin's status. Like you say, people understand this is a fluid situation.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 11:45 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I do think we're approaching the point where silence from the NFL isn't helping. They are in a bind though, coming out and making contingency plans based on Hamlin's health is probably quite a coarse way to go about things. They'll have to at some stage though I think. They should do what they can to discuss their general plan for the playoff schedule, I think that's somewhat possible without having to discuss what happen's based on Hamlin's status. Like you say, people understand this is a fluid situation.

I can't understand making decisions based on the status of Hamlins health.  2 different things.  No decision the NFL makes is going to impact Hamlin.  What are they going to do if it turns out bad and he passes?  Cancel the season?

The whole problem is that the NFL has to worry about the cancel culture, victim segment of society and it's ridiculous.  Life is hard.  Shit happens.  Man up.  Real leaders step up and make hard decisions.  Real men suck it up and get shit done in the face of adversity, not breakdown and be non functional. That's all i'm gonna say on that.

Feel free to thrash me for that opinion.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 11:54 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I can't understand making decisions based on the status of Hamlins health.  2 different things.  No decision the NFL makes is going to impact Hamlin.  What are they going to do if it turns out bad and he passes?  Cancel the season?

The whole problem is that the NFL has to worry about the cancel culture, victim segment of society and it's ridiculous.  Life is hard.  Shit happens.  Man up.  Real leaders step up and make hard decisions.  That's all i'm gonna say on that.

Because we're dealing with human beings. They aren't two different things when you have the Bengals and Bills, two teams full of actual people, who will be mentally affected by this. If they were two different things, they'd have just continued on Monday... 

... and had they done so, it'd have been absolute proof that these aren't two different things, because the Bengals and Bills, would've finished that game playing like absolute crap most likely. Guys (not all, but certainly a lot) wouldn't have been in the right mindset.

Yes, no scheduling decision the NFL makes affects Hamlin... but do you know who it does affect? The Buffalo Bills and the Cincinnati Bengals. What we're not understanding is that if anything, the NFL's decisions here are giving the teams MORE chance of being ready for the games. It's just where we fit them in that's the issue.

Obviously there is a point at which we have to say 'we've given a good amount of time for the players to do what they need to get ready to move forward', the debate being had is at what point that's the case. Guys like yourself think that's sooner than guys like I do, that's all we're differing about here.

Real Leaders did make decisions on Monday... Zac Taylor and Sean McDermott were two of them. I'm pretty confident in saying neither wished to put their guys through that game on Monday, and I'm even MORE confident in saying, that those two are more of a reason as to why this game isn't being replayed this week. They most likely stood up for their guys, as they knew they aren't fully ready to play yet.

Not going to touch the stuff about cancel culture and manning up.
Reply/Quote
Lots of traction from sports outlets on getting the bills/bengals on the schedule to ensure equity. The NFL really has no option but to schedule it. What can’t happen is, if in 5 weeks, the bills lose a close game in arrowhead, or bengals in orchard park… there will be a lot of pressure on the NFL for making this a no contest. People have short memories and will “blame”
The nfl.

If the game is scheduled and both teams decide to “not play” that’s on the teams at this point.

I don’t see how the NFL wants to take on that burden.
Reply/Quote