Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals/Bills game update
(01-03-2023, 03:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They better figure out the AFCN before that game so both teams know if they are playing for the Division title.

If the game is not played and the Bengals and Bills just finish the season with 16 games, the Bengals would win the division regardless of the Ravens game.

Assume Bengals beat Ravens
12-4 (0.750)
10-7 (0.588)

Assuming Ravens beat Bengals
11-5 (0.688)
11-6 (0.647)

So yeah, pretty important for the league to clarify this ASAP.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool, looks like we are just going to skip the Bills game which I think is completely bogus.

That's not necessarily the case.  It could still get re-scheduled......
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:41 PM)samhain Wrote: That's not necessarily the case.  It could still get re-scheduled......

they said the game wont be resumed and no changes to week 18 schedule at this time.... 

Any changes would need to be announced ASAP as a lot of money moving things around
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:41 PM)samhain Wrote: That's not necessarily the case.  It could still get re-scheduled......

It better be.

(01-03-2023, 03:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they said the game wont be resumed and no changes to week 18 schedule at this time.... 

Any changes would need to be announced ASAP as a lot of money moving things around

For sure. Just don't skip the Bengals/Bills game is all I ask.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:37 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If the game is not played and the Bengals and Bills just finish the season with 16 games, the Bengals would win the division regardless of the Ravens game.

Assume Bengals beat Ravens
12-4 (0.750)
10-7 (0.588)

Assuming Ravens beat Bengals
11-5 (0.688)
11-6 (0.647)

So yeah, pretty important for the league to clarify this ASAP.  

Right, because if we've clinched there is no reason to rush Hubbard back. We could sit him until the playoffs
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It better be.

For sure. Just don't skip the Bengals/Bills game is all I ask.

oh we will see it again AFCCG.....

or somewhere in the playoffs.

its just not possible to fit this game in you cant have a team play 2 games right before the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: oh we will see it again AFCCG.....

or somewhere in the playoffs.

its just not possible to fit this game in you cant have a team play 2 games right before the playoffs.

I figured we would play them again, but damn, this is not what I wanted to hear at all.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 02:53 PM)J24 Wrote: Why not just move the game back to Sunday and give the rest of the NFL a bye next week. I mean there is a bye between the Superbowl so it's not like they can't remain on schedule.

Uh, because logistics. You think all those stadium are available for the next week, and the next? And moving the ENTIRE playoff slate back a week? There are oikely concerts/events on those dates. Not to mention people who bought tickets to travel to games that get rescheduled. The TV mess. No way. That is just ludicrous.

No. You minimize the damage. Keep as much the same as you can. I think the parameters will be sonething like this:

1) The NFL cannot declare an outcome (win/loss/tie/no contest) without at least giving the teams a chance to play if they want. 

2) That chance will be midweek (Wed or possibly Thur) and would necessitate moving the Bills & Bengals games back the next week, and possibly some 1stcround PO games as well (Ravens & Pats also affected). 

3) The NFL will let the teams know what the consequences of choosing not to play will be. Likely forfeit if one team is willing and the other not. Or what will happen if both teams decide not playing is better for them. 

4) I doubt any of that will be made public. But the teams will make their decisions, and the NFL will then announce what will happen. No matter what, everyone will have agreed and they will be arm in arm about it. 

I seriously doubt it gets played. And I think both teams & organizations will accept whatever happens after the say we don't want to play it. No contest (baseball rainout) is most likely in my view. But a tie or a Bengals win are also possible. But whatever happens, they need support from the NFL bylaws for it. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they said the game wont be resumed and no changes to week 18 schedule at this time.... 

This has class action lawsuit written all over it from anyone who feels slighted by their bets being affected by a non-game.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

It's not unprecedented to alter scheduling.  "at this time" leaves a lot of options.  

The league is definitely not hurting for money.  They aren't going broke rescheduling a few games.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 04:00 PM)samhain Wrote: It's not unprecedented to alter scheduling.  "at this time" leaves a lot of options.  

The league is definitely not hurting for money.  They aren't going broke rescheduling a few games.

I would perfer not put the bengals at a disadvantage by making them play 2 games on a super short timeframe before the playoffs.

Rescheduling a game or 2 isnt the same as moving Wildcard weekend and the rest of the playoffs back

We will see what they do but just doesnt seem likely
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 04:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I would perfer not put the bengals at a disadvantage by making them play 2 games on a super short timeframe before the playoffs.

Rescheduling a game or 2 isnt the same as moving Wildcard weekend and the rest of the playoffs back

We will see what they do but just doesnt seem likely

my gut is the game does not get played.. they can still decide playoffs going by winning pct... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:52 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Uh, because logistics. You think all those stadium are available for the next week, and the next? And moving the ENTIRE playoff slate back a week? There are oikely concerts/events on those dates. Not to mention people who bought tickets to travel to games that get rescheduled. The TV mess. No way. That is just ludicrous.

No. You minimize the damage. Keep as much the same as you can. I think the parameters will be sonething like this:

1) The NFL cannot declare an outcome (win/loss/tie/no contest) without at least giving the teams a chance to play if they want. 

2) That chance will be midweek (Wed or possibly Thur) and would necessitate moving the Bills & Bengals games back the next week, and possibly some 1stcround PO games as well (Ravens & Pats also affected). 

3) The NFL will let the teams know what the consequences of choosing not to play will be. Likely forfeit if one team is willing and the other not. Or what will happen if both teams decide not playing is better for them. 

4) I doubt any of that will be made public. But the teams will make their decisions, and the NFL will then announce what will happen. No matter what, everyone will have agreed and they will be arm in arm about it. 

I seriously doubt it gets played. And I think both teams & organizations will accept whatever happens after the say we don't want to play it. No contest (baseball rainout) is most likely in my view. But a tie or a Bengals win are also possible. But whatever happens, they need support from the NFL bylaws for it. 
Why would any NFL stadium schedule a concert during the playoffs? That doesn't make any sense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
So, say the game is not resumed and the Bills do not forfeit.

Game is a tie or a no-contest.

Bengals beat Baltimore. Patriots beat Buffalo.

Both teams have 12-4 records.

Who gets the 2 seed in that scenario?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 05:34 PM)samhain Wrote: So, say the game is not resumed and the Bills do not forfeit.  

Bengals beat Baltimore.  Patriots beat Buffalo.

That is why you would have to give us the win.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 05:34 PM)samhain Wrote: So, say the game is not resumed and the Bills do not forfeit.  

Bengals beat Baltimore.  Patriots beat Buffalo.

I guess we just have to wait until Sunday and see how everything plays out.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 05:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is why you would have to give us the win.

Idk, wouldn't they go off of Divisional record?  No idea.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 05:39 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I guess we just have to wait until Sunday and see how everything plays out.

Unacceptable.  

There's nothing the league can't figure out now that they'll be able to figure out Sunday.  They playoff time frame is the same, and the problem is the same with one unplayed regular season game floating around.  If the game matters to them, they reschedule, give a date, and allow teams to prepare accordingly.

They Bengals get the division if the game doesn't happen, thus can rest all key starters.  It's a trade-off for losing a shot at the 2-seed, but they shouldn't get screwed out of both.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 05:39 PM)samhain Wrote: Idk, wouldn't they go off of Divisional record?  No idea.

What is the Bills Divisional record if they lose to the Pats Sunday?
Reply/Quote
Playing the game out is the fair thing, but may not be the thing that is done because of the logistics of HOW you get that accomplished.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote