Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals/Bills game update
(01-03-2023, 02:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The result may be the same, but the game was not a tie. It was 7-3. In what world is 7-3 a tie?

It’s not. I’m just saying as far as effect it’s semantics
Reply/Quote
Why not just move the game back to Sunday and give the rest of the NFL a bye next week. I mean there is a bye between the Superbowl so it's not like they can't remain on schedule.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 02:53 PM)J24 Wrote: Why not just move the game back to Sunday and give the rest of the NFL a bye next week. I mean there is a bye between the Superbowl so it's not like they can't remain on schedule.

It's possible, and this was my first thought. But that means that you have to reschedule a whole hell of a lot of games on short notice. That is a logistical nightmare. I also thought that you could maybe move this game to be after week 18 and delay the playoffs by a week, but then you're giving teams like the Chiefs and Eagles two weeks off and I'm not sure that they'd even want to go for that. 

I think the most likely outcomes is:

Bills and Bengals play on Wednesday or Thursday, then the Bills/Patriots and Bengals/Ravens games get moved to Monday or Tuesday night. They can then schedule any WC round games that these four teams may be involved in for Sunday and Monday nights. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 02:53 PM)J24 Wrote: Why not just move the game back to Sunday and give the rest of the NFL a bye next week. I mean there is a bye between the Superbowl so it's not like they can't remain on schedule.

I like this thought.
Reply/Quote

This is the best possible route and the league should do all it can to facilitate it.  

Subtract the week off between conference title games and the Super Bowl.  

There is precedent.
Reply/Quote
I believe their will be a league wide bye week with the exception of the Bengals playing the Bills this sunday, reguardless there needs to be an announcement asap.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:07 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It's possible, and this was my first thought. But that means that you have to reschedule a whole hell of a lot of games on short notice. That is a logistical nightmare. I also thought that you could maybe move this game to be after week 18 and delay the playoffs by a week, but then you're giving teams like the Chiefs and Eagles two weeks off and I'm not sure that they'd even want to go for that. 

Bills and Bengals play on Wednesday or Thursday, then the Bills/Patriots and Bengals/Ravens games get moved to Monday or Tuesday night. They can then schedule any WC round games that these four teams may be involved in for Sunday and Monday nights. 

I don't hate this idea, either.  

Well, I hate playoff games on Monday, but it's what it is.  

I'd be more amenable to playing all playoff games on Sunday on WC weekend, but the week won't like that ratings-wise.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 09:49 AM)Trademark Wrote:
Continued prayers for Hamlin

I thought the only window to play this was tonight. But after hearing the team flew back home, not sure how they can do this.
Reply/Quote
Only thing that makes sense is to play the game this Thurs since I don’t think there was one scheduled anyway. And move both Cincy & Buff next game to next Monday night.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:11 PM)samhain Wrote: This is the best possible route and the league should do all it can to facilitate it.  

Subtract the week off between conference title games and the Super Bowl.  

There is precedent.

Sounds like the best way to not affect anyone negatively. Best idea I have heard yet.

(01-03-2023, 03:16 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Only thing that makes sense is to play the game this Thurs since I don’t think there was one scheduled anyway. And move both Cincy & Buff next game to next Monday night.

Could also see this but it is rough on both our teams as it would be like preparing for 3 games in a short amount of time.

I like the idea of postponing the game till next Sunday and giving the rest of the NFL a bye week. This would be the most fair IMO.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:07 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It's possible, and this was my first thought. But that means that you have to reschedule a whole hell of a lot of games on short notice. That is a logistical nightmare. I also thought that you could maybe move this game to be after week 18 and delay the playoffs by a week, but then you're giving teams like the Chiefs and Eagles two weeks off and I'm not sure that they'd even want to go for that. 

This is all so logical, Mr. Cupcakes. Probably way too logical for Goodell and his NFL.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:12 PM)740Bengal Wrote: I believe their will be a league wide bye week with the exception of the Bengals playing the Bills this sunday, reguardless there needs to be an announcement asap.

Hmm, I can't see the NFL changing the schedules of 30 NFL teams in order to accommodate the Bills/Bengals game.  It seems more likely they'd unsuspend this game in the next few days and just make the Bills and Bengals deal with a short week.  Either you inconvenience 2 teams, or 30 teams, so I think the NFL takes the path of least resistance on this one.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, I can't see the NFL changing the schedules of 30 NFL teams in order to accommodate the Bills/Bengals game.  It seems more likely they'd unsuspend this game in the next few days and just make the Bills and Bengals deal with a short week.  Either you inconvenience 2 teams, or 30 teams, so I think the NFL takes the path of least resistance on this one.

I don't know how that is inconveniencing 30 teams, just more rest and it is the most fair solution for all IMO.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 02:45 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: Calling it no contest gives you the same result as calling it a tie

Not really, the "half a loss" reduces the winning percentage.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:16 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Only thing that makes sense is to play the game this Thurs since I don’t think there was one scheduled anyway. And move both Cincy & Buff next game to next Monday night.

I think we see a Thurs. night game, unless the Bills absolutly refuse to play(which, then, they should receive a forfeit loss)

What I really don't want to see more than anything is the Bills and Bengals in a gigantic circle and holding hands while conducting a prayer meeting. Play football Thurs. night , try to take each other's heads off, then go to church on Sunday if they wish.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't know how that is inconveniencing 30 teams, just more rest and it is the most fair solution for all IMO.

Maybe it isn't...I'm just assuming that giving 30 NFL team an unplanned bye week and shifting the entire season back 1 week would be a financial and logistical burden, of sorts.

We've seen NFL games get moved or rescheduled, but asking 30 NFL teams to reschedule things for the sake of 2 NFL teams seems unlikely.  And I'm not saying what is right or wrong, I'm just saying what I think is most likely to happen.
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/NFLprguy/status/1610342115095056384

So full-steam ahead for Sunday's game against the Ravens.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:31 PM)Big Boss Wrote: https://twitter.com/NFLprguy/status/1610342115095056384

For those who can't/don't want to click on the link, the game will not be resumed this week and there is no word on if it will be resumed at all at this time.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe it isn't...I'm just assuming that giving 30 NFL team an unplanned bye week and shifting the entire season back 1 week would be a financial and logistical burden, of sorts.

We've seen NFL games get moved or rescheduled, but asking 30 NFL teams to reschedule things for the sake of 2 NFL teams seems unlikely.  And I'm not saying what is right or wrong, I'm just saying what I think is most likely to happen.

Cool, looks like we are just going to skip the Bills game which I think is completely bogus.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 03:31 PM)Big Boss Wrote: https://twitter.com/NFLprguy/status/1610342115095056384

So full-steam ahead for Sunday's game against the Ravens.

They better figure out the AFCN before that game so both teams know if they are playing for the Division title.
Reply/Quote