Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
{{{ Bengals Board Discord }}}
Starting this coming Saturday, we will be trying out the board's Discord for the first time. If all goes well, we will continue doing ever Saturday or Sunday during the offseason. To join:

You must be at least a VIP member (1000 posts and rep).
You must PM me for the link - which you agree not to share.
You must join with the same username you have here.

The link to join will be sent out on Friday.
Reply/Quote
Interesting. Is this supposed to be a replacement or additional to the Gamerday thread?

Text or voice?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This would be great! Now we would cry and whine in real time. Smirk
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 03:11 PM)Stewy Wrote: Interesting.  Is this supposed to be a replacement or additional to the Gamerday thread?

Text or voice?

Just an extra for the offseason when there aren't GD threads.

Text to start, but may add voice after we see how things go.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 03:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Just an extra for the offseason when there aren't GD threads.

Text to start, but may add voice after we see how things go.

I have a couple of Discord servers...

If you're going to go Discord, you might as well go voice.
Text only is really no benefit over these message boards.
Reply/Quote
Damn, quite a few PM's already. That was fast.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
Aaaaah, sheeeeet. Imma have to ask my 16 y/o daughter how to “discord.”
Reply/Quote
No offense but I'm not a big fan of Discord and being such a huge free to use media platform like Facebook it means I am the product not just the user.  That said if others like it then go for it.  I'll probably pass.

I like things here where I am fairly sure my data isn't being sold to the highest bidder.   Please tell me it isn't Holic? Tongue  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
discord? oh god no.
Reply/Quote
For those who meet the requirement, you guys will get the link on Friday.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 03:25 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: No offense but I'm not a big fan of Discord and being such a huge free to use media platform like Facebook it means I am the product not just the user.  That said if others like it then go for it.  I'll probably pass.

I like things here where I am fairly sure my data isn't being sold to the highest bidder.   Please tell me it isn't Holic? Tongue   

If I sold your data, I wouldn't have to ask you for donations every couple of years. LOL
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 03:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If I sold your data, I wouldn't have to ask you for donations every couple of years. LOL

I'll donate every time you ask then.  Big Grin

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 03:25 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Aaaaah, sheeeeet. Imma have to ask my 16 y/o daughter how to “discord.”

Yeah, I have no idea what it is or how to use it. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 03:35 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I'll donate every time you ask then.  Big Grin

Seriously...to me, selling user info is just a sleazy thing to do.
Reply/Quote
I used discord for gaming purposes and not much else. But I don't game anymore.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 03:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Seriously...to me, selling user info is just a sleazy thing to do.

I agree and glad you won't do it.  But Discord etc, that's how they are free platforms.   They sell user data.  Again, I have no problem with your Discord server for those that want to use it and I hope it works out.  I am neither for or against, but as a person that has made an effort to limit these huge companies collecting my data and selling it, it just isn't for me. 

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 03:52 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I agree and glad you won't do it.  But Discord etc, that's how they are free platforms.   They sell user data.  Again, I have no problem with your Discord server for those that want to use it and I hope it works out.  I am neither for or against, but as a person that has made an effort to limit these huge companies collecting my data and selling it, it just isn't for me. 

Understandable.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 03:16 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I have a couple of Discord servers...

If you're going to go Discord, you might as well go voice.
Text only is really no benefit over these message boards.

Discord app on mobile is way better than Tapatalk.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I have never used Discord but what the heck…
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 03:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: discord? oh god no.

Why not?  I use it for "team-chat" while gaming.  It's pretty simple, and I like that you can add a music bot so everyone can be listening to the same tunes!
Reply/Quote