Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Cuts
They have to be at the initial 53 by 4 PM. Past experience indicates that the team won't officially announce anything until this afternoon. However, the names will trickle out throughout the day.

If the team places someone on IR today, they are done for the season. As far as I can tell there isn't anyone with season-ending injuries so that move shouldn't be made. For someone to be placed on IR and return during the season, they have to make today's roster. Look for CTB to make the team today and move to IR tomorrow. Khalid Kareem and Mitch Wilcox are also potential IR moves. We could see 1 or more Vets cut today in order to make these moves. The Vets don't have to go through waivers so are cut with the knowledge they are coming back.

1) Jacques Patrick
2) Drue Chrisman
3) Nick Eubanks
4) Tyler Shelvin-I picked him as my surprise cut...by the time it happened it wasn't one
5) Cal Adomitis
6) Kwamie Lassiter
7) Kendric Pryor
8) Tegray Scales
9) Jake Browning

OFFICIAL LIST
Placed one player on the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list:

LB Joe Bachie (knee)

Terminated the contracts of three vested veterans (NOTE: These players are released to free agency and thus free to sign with another team or to re-sign with the Bengals):

S Trayvon Henderson
DE Noah Spence
WR Mike D. Thomas

Look for some combination of Prince, Khalid, and CTB to go on IR tomorrow with these 3 returning

Waived 23 players:
LS Cal Adomitis
QB Jake Browning
P Drue Chrisman
OT Devin Cochran
DT Domenique Davis
TE Nick Eubanks
G Lamont Gaillard (injured)
G Nate Gilliam
LB Clarence Hicks
CB Delonte Hood
WR Trenton Irwin
DE Raymond Johnson III
LB Keandre Jones
WR Kwamie Lassiter II
TE Thaddeus Moss
G Desmond Noel (injured)
HB Jacques Patrick
WR Kendric Pryor
TE Justin Rigg
LB Tegray Scales
DT Tyler Shelvin
DT Tariqious Tisdale

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 08:13 AM)pally Wrote: They have to be at the initial 53 by 4 PM.  Past experience indicates that the team won't officially announce anything until this afternoon.  However, the names will trickle out throughout the day.  

If the team places someone on IR today, they are done for the season. As far as I can tell there isn't anyone with season-ending injuries so that move shouldn't be made.  For someone to be placed on IR and return during the season, they have to make today's roster.  Look for CTB to make the team today and move to IR tomorrow.  Khalid Kareem and Mitch Wilcox are also potential IR moves.  We could see 1 or more Vets cut today in order to make these moves.  The Vets don't have to go through waivers so are cut with the knowledge they are coming back.

I starting to think that Huber will make the 53 simply because I cannot imagine they would treat such a long-tenured member of the Bengals the same as rookies and announce his cut at 4pm, rather than on Sunday or Monday so he can look for another team. We shall see.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Huber wins

Reply/Quote
Hearing Huber made the team and Drue Chrisman will be cut
Established in 1993 Bengal Jim's "Before the Roar" is the longest running tailgate to support the Cincinnati Bengals.

Tune in LIVE at 8pm eastern every Tuesday for our weekly Bengals show! 

Check out our YouTube page at:
[Video: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC12ZcOwQDXreLIkrcdjmbVwl]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 09:47 AM)pally Wrote: Huber wins

Nice. I like this news.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 09:53 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Nice. I like this news.

To be honest, I don't. Huber really struggled down the stretch last year. Sure, he competed well this preseason, but I can't help but wonder if he'll struggle down the stretch this season. Plus, with McPherson on the team, directional punting won't be as great a need. 

I liked Huber, but I just don't know if he's a full season left in him.

If he makes it through all season playing well, fantastic, but I just don't know if it'll happen.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 10:00 AM)PhilHos Wrote: To be honest, I don't. Huber really struggled down the stretch last year. Sure, he competed well this preseason, but I can't help but wonder if he'll struggle down the stretch this season. Plus, with McPherson on the team, directional punting won't be as great a need. 

I liked Huber, but I just don't know if he's a full season left in him.

If he makes it through all season playing well, fantastic, but I just don't know if it'll happen.

Drue had to definitively outplay Kevin...he didn't.  They essentially tied so they went with the known entity.  Drue will likely land on the PS again

Reply/Quote
Well I for one do not expect the Bengals to be punting quite as much with the re-vamped O-Line.

Big two for me today is if they keep Pryor and if they cut Carmen.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 10:03 AM)pally Wrote: Drue had to definitively outplay Kevin...he didn't.  They essentially tied so they went with the known entity.  Drue will likely land on the PS again

No, I get that. I understand that. I just think given that Huber's close to retirement and his struggles last year, that a tie would (or should) go to the younger player.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
As much as I was excited about the potential of Trayveon Williams when he was drafted, he's kinda fallen out of favor with me.
I was lowkey hoping Patrick would have taken RB4 spot.
I think he's more the hammer that we were hoping/expecting Perine to be.

I am surprised somewhat that the team went with Huber over Chrisman. I thought they were close enough that it made sense to go with the long-term youth than the guy who might retire after this season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 10:10 AM)PhilHos Wrote: No, I get that. I understand that. I just think given that Huber's close to retirement and his struggles last year, that a tie would (or should) go to the younger player.

A thing being overlooked is Huber is a really good holder.  If it was close, they were going to keep the FG operation intact.
Reply/Quote
Two to Three years ago made sense to go with a young punter/holder we were in rebuild, now we are not and on the cusp of winning division, winning in the playoffs and makes sense to keep Huber who has played under pressure and shown to put the ball inside the 20 plus is just excellent at holding for FGs..
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 10:10 AM)PhilHos Wrote: No, I get that. I understand that. I just think given that Huber's close to retirement and his struggles last year, that a tie would (or should) go to the younger player.

I suspect that with the release of two top punters on Sunday -- one a talented, 32-year-old who was cut because he wouldn't take less pay and one a 3-time-Pro-Bowler -- that the Bengals figure Chrisman can make it to the practice squad. 
Reply/Quote
I would think that Clay Johnston made the team. At least I hope so. I understand why they went with Kevin but like what other said you can tell he's struggles at times last year towards the end.

I hope they really take a hard look at that offense line and tight ends from other team cuts.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 10:37 AM)pally Wrote:

I think everyone can get on board with this.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2022, 10:38 AM)Nepa Wrote: I think everyone can get on board with this.

This dude must have NO TECHNIQUE at all to not be able to even pass as a NT. 6 foot 2 355 lbs. you’d think as long as he could eat 2 blocks he’d always have a job in todays NFL.

4th round pick, sucks to miss this bad on a pick that high. By comparison we got a possible day 1 starter in that round this year in Volson.

Only because I’m fairly certain we wouldn’t cut a good WR for drops I’m kinda upset at Lassiter being let go. Definite PS guy tho so I’m sure he’ll travel and practice with us all year. Hopefully next year is the year he challenges the team to carry 7 WRs. Can’t be dropping wide open TDs as an undrafted guy tho. You damn near gotta pull down every pass thrown your way to even have gotten the coaches to consider bringing 7
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Come on Pryor!!
Reply/Quote