Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Media Lunch aka Mock Turtle Soup Day
Today is the annual pre-camp media luncheon, where they will serve Mike Brown's (and no one elses) favorite mock turtle soup. We will hear from Zac and the coordinators, Duke, and Mike Brown.

Mike Brown:
- on the OL: “We’re aware of the shortfall there last year. Believe me.”
-naming rights: We’re exploring it. We’re in discussions. It’s a difficult move for me but my father always put one thing first: The football team.
Added that the revenue from the naming rights is what’s best for the team.

Darrin Simmons:
-Kevin Huber is officially on notice. There will be a punter competition and may the best man win
-Evan McPherson- focus is on kick offs both consistancy and nuance. He expects big improvement from year 1 to year 2
-PR/KR- Brandon Wilson is still the leader in the clubhouse for KR but is dependent on his kneee. Chris Evans is in the mix for KR as are the Trents The only way, according to Simmons, for Pooka Williams and Kwamie Lassiter to make the team is as punt returner

Lou Anarumo:
Bates: He is the type of guy who will be ready to play whenever he comes into camp/locker room
CB: Eli Apple is the starter until someone beats him by playing better
Playcalling: wants on field play caller to be authoritative. Dax Hill is improving in that respect
Zac:
injuries: expects Collins to be out with a back injury longer than Cappa with his core. The Vets will be "managed" throughout camp

Brian Callahan:
Burrow: needs to work on improving his contributions to the sack totals. He looks great and ready to go

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Sorry Mock turtle is awesome... glad to see Mike is still cultured
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
more from Mike Brown

Reply/Quote
Wonder at what point during the Carman explanation Elizabeth ran over and tried to stuff a sock in Mikes mouth?

Jesus Christ there’s times where you can get away with saying stuff because you are old and times where you look so out of touch people have to question if you are fit to own a team anymore.

Carman should be nowhere near the team I don’t care if he’s improved or not he’s a nonce.
Reply/Quote
Good to hear about Huber. He wasn't great last year. Also, why is Brandon Williams on this team?

Not great news about Collins...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Worst news is the New OL wont get to GEL at all
Reply/Quote
I'm really interested to see who takes first-team OL reps in TC with Cappa and Collins out.
Williams-Carman-Karras-Adeniji-Prince is probably what they'll start with, if anything just because Volson probably will need to ramp up some. It's rare to give a rookie OL 1st team reps in TC, especially if they aren't a 1st rounder.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 01:37 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Carman should be nowhere near the team I don’t care if he’s improved or not he’s a nonce.

No, he is not.  The issue was investigated, and he was never even charged.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 01:09 PM)pally Wrote: -Evan McPherson- focus is on kick offs both consistancy and nuance.  He expects big improvement from year 1 to year 2

Most people think that NFL kickers just try to kick it as deep as possible and get a touchback every time, but that is not the case.  Many teams prefer a higher, shorter kick-off with a lot of hang time.  The returner is forced to run it back and may not get to the 25 yard line.

For example, Justin Tucker could kick it out of the endzone every time, but he actually has a below average touchback percentage.  And it should be noted that he is playing for the only NFL head coach who was a special teams coordinator.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 01:09 PM)pally Wrote: -PR/KR- Brandon Wilson is still the leader in the clubhouse for KR but is dependent on his kneee.  Chris Evans is in the mix for KR as are the Trents  The only way, according to Simmons, for Pooka Williams and Kwamie Lassiter to make the team is as punt returner

I like Brandon Wilson, but he has barely played on defense (only 380 snaps in 5 years).   With us drafting 3 DBs I don't think we have room on our roster for a DB who is really nothing more than a return man.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 01:09 PM)pally Wrote:   The only way, according to Simmons, for Pooka Williams and Kwamie Lassiter to make the team is as punt returner

Lassiter sucked at returning punts in college.  And he is not even really fast (4.5 forty).  I don't see him making the team on his punt return skills.

Pooka never returned a single punt in college but at least he has some speed (4.36 forty).
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 02:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No, he is not.  The issue was investigated, and he was never even charged.

He admitted to sleeping with a 15 year old child.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 02:34 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: He admitted to sleeping with a 15 year old child.

It is not against the law for an 18-year-old to have sex with a 15-year-old in South Carolina.

Fifteen is not a "child".  In many states it is legal to get married at age 15.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 02:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is not against the law for an 18-year-old to have sex with a 15-year-old in South Carolina.

Fifteen is not a "child".  In many states it is legal to get married at age 15.

It’s not illegal to piss in a swimming pool either but it’s still disgusting.

BTW if you can’t drive,vote drink or put a bet on you are a child.

He should not be with this club he should t even be in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 03:00 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: It’s not illegal to piss in a swimming pool either but it’s still disgusting.

BTW if you can’t drive,vote drink or put a bet on you are a child.

He should not be with this club he should t even be in the NFL.

This a more of a morale relativity argument and probably belongs in P&R.

Not illegal, no charges, and no active investigation by NFL or anyone otherwise. Going beyond those facts this thread will quickly slide into a politics argument.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 03:00 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: It’s not illegal to piss in a swimming pool either but it’s still disgusting.

That is just your personal opinion.  NFL can't make rules on the beliefs and feelings of BengalsLUFC.  There are thousands of legally married 15-year-olds having sex in this country.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 03:17 PM)pally Wrote:  

A lot of people forget that we drafted 3 O-linemen last year (Carman, Trey Hill, D'Ante Smith).  Most NFL players make a lot of improvements from their rookie season to their second.  So these guys should all be better than they were last year

But this will be Isaiah Prince's 4th season in the NFL and Adiniji's 3rd.  I don't look for either of them to make a dramatic improvement this year.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 03:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But this will be Isaiah Prince's 4th season in the NFL and Adiniji's 3rd.  I don't look for either of them to make a dramatic improvement this year.

Right, I think in any sort of close competition they will go with the young guys. Short of injuries on the line both are probably long shots to make the roster I'd imagine. 
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 03:17 PM)pally Wrote:  

I really have a feeling that this team will have an impact from a player this year that is not yet on this roster. Whether it comes via trade of FA is to be seen. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote