Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Media Lunch aka Mock Turtle Soup Day
(07-26-2022, 09:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Great stuff, Pally.  Thank you.

Reading this I came away with one thought:  re-sign Reiff.  He’s the starting RT until Collins is healthy and he is probably the best starting option at LG if Collins is healthy as well.

Reiff was signed by the Bears today

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 09:42 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Right? I really doubt he'd actually come out and say that. 

Said something about His dad would do what was best for the Football team...  And getting additional revenue is whats best for the football team right now
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 01:38 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Grandfathers pleasing their granddaughters…. Imagine that.

Does he have any 15yr old grandaughters?  Ninja

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are definately leaders in the social media game. I really love the new jerseys too. Can't wait to buy a white mini helmet.

Definately liking that aspect.

Signing more free agents too. Getting a bubble.

Seems like all the things we complained about for years have changed in the matter of 1-2 years. I don't know why, but it's great!
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 12:29 PM)pally Wrote: Reiff was signed by the Bears today

A pretty healthy contract too. 1 year, up to $12.5 million.

Reiff is above average. Had he not gotten injured last year, we may win that SB.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 03:00 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: BTW if you can’t drive ... you are a child.

In South Carolina, you can legally drive (on a restricted license) at 15 years old. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
My impressions on Mr. Brown's latest media chat:

1. I didn't like that he kept trying to lower expectations. He's always done this, even when we're successful. He treats winning like it mostly comes down to luck.

Yes, it's probably partially correct, but a lot of consistent winning comes down to culture, and I'd like to see Mike adopt the same mentality as Taylor and Burrow. Say you expect to win. Don't talk about "luck" or how hard it is.

2. Other than that, I loved seeing Mike. He looks healthy and solid mentally for his age. He also seems to have really loosened up on a lot of things. The ring of honor. Practice facility. Naming rights. Guaranteed money.

In the past, even when Mike loosened his grip, he'd still make little comments that made you realize he was very reluctant. I didn't see much of that. He really seems to be listening to his kids now.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 01:37 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Wonder at what point during the Carman explanation Elizabeth ran over and tried to stuff a sock in Mikes mouth?

Jesus Christ there’s times where you can get away with saying stuff because you are old and times where you look so out of touch people have to question if you are fit to own a team anymore.

Carman should be nowhere near the team I don’t care if he’s improved or not he’s a nonce.

So you're the "victim" or? It was investigated. There's one D list website pushing it for clicks. 

Instead of going right for the pitch fork, try common sense and google first. I know it must be hard given how quickly you folks expect someone's life to be ruined over rehashed unproven allegations, but them the breaks when much smarter people make the decisions. 

Also your ageism is loud AF.  
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 02:34 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: He admitted to sleeping with a 15 year old child.

Get a hold of yourself. 
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 08:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: My impressions on Mr. Brown's latest media chat:

1. I didn't like that he kept trying to lower expectations. He's always done this, even when we're successful. He treats winning like it mostly comes down to luck.

Yes, it's probably partially correct, but a lot of consistent winning comes down to culture, and I'd like to see Mike adopt the same mentality as Taylor and Burrow. Say you expect to win. Don't talk about "luck" or how hard it is.

2. Other than that, I loved seeing Mike. He looks healthy and solid mentally for his age. He also seems to have really loosened up on a lot of things. The ring of honor. Practice facility. Naming rights. Guaranteed money.

In the past, even when Mike loosened his grip, he'd still make little comments that made you realize he was very reluctant. I didn't see much of that. He really seems to be listening to his kids now.

Yes. And we both know that there's really no way to lower expectations...especially after last year.

This team has too much talent to miss the playoffs or not win a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 12:29 PM)pally Wrote: Reiff was signed by the Bears today

For like, $10 million???  Wow.  More than the Bengals spent on any of their three lineman.  Crazy.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote