Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Meeting With Duke QB Daniel Jones
We've got three guys on this coaching staff that are supposedly QB gurus. When they do finally draft one, I'll just have to trust that they know what they're doing. Where it stands now, I don't see what's all that special about Jones. Seems like a high floor, low ceiling type QB.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 08:34 AM)Wyche Wrote: I like Jones' intangibles a lot. But I don't think he's 1st round material. For those that don't like Dalton's skill set, you're basically looking at Andy 2.0....maybe a little weaker arm.
gotta keep up with the jones.I personally feel we are going to take Devin White or a top tackle or DT at 11.This is just to throw off the other teams.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 10:18 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Yup.  For all the laughs we throw at Dilfer, the guy has better playoff stats than Dalton and Palmer had in stripes.

I wonder how Dilfer would've done if Marvin was coaching his offense instead of his defense?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 01:04 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: gotta keep up with the jones.I personally feel we are going to take Devin White or a top tackle or DT at 11.This is just to throw off the other teams.

I hope you're right, and I have a feeling you are.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2019, 03:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I wonder how Dilfer would've done if Marvin was coaching his offense instead of his defense?

I assume he would have stunk it up and the Ravens would have kept Marvin around for another 15 years and changed nothing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I support Dalton and totally have faith in him as long as he has an o-line to protect him. That being said, I just listened to Pat Kirwan interview David Cutcliffe (Duke’s head coach) on Sirius nfl radio. It was a great listen. Very informative about Jones’ character. After hearing his coach gush, I wouldn't mind Jones at 11.

I know how coaches love their own players, but he raved about his intangibles and how he is the best QB in the draft. This guy also coached Peyton and Eli and says he’s just as good if not better. I knew there was a thread here so I had to add this!
Reply/Quote