Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals New Defense Coordinator
Any reference of Marv or Hugh coming back is stale. Why would you cut out a lump of cancer out of the body, then reopen and put a little bit of the cancer back in hoping for a different result? They both were eventual death to this organization.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2019, 05:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Any reference of Marv or Hugh coming back is stale. Why would you cut out a lump of cancer out of the body, then reopen and put a little bit of the cancer back in hoping for a different result? They both were eventual death to this organization.

Harley LMAO!

Good man.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2019, 05:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Any reference of Marv or Hugh coming back is stale. Why would you cut out a lump of cancer out of the body, then reopen and put a little bit of the cancer back in hoping for a different result? They both were eventual death to this organization.

Amen!  This is the Gospel, according to Brother Harley.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

No truer words spoken master Harley.
BTW, that is the cutest dog I have ever seen in a Bengal uniform!  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Well, since JDR seems out of the picture for the DC position, I wanted to reiterate that I think Taylor will go against the grain of conventional Wisdom and hire someone outside the box.

He may bring in Capers. But if he does go outside the box, keeps these people in mind:

Don Brown (Michigan)
Brent Venables (Clemson)
Manny Diaz (Miami)
Bob Shoop (Mississippi State)

E. Evero (Ram's secondary coach).

I would be excited if somehow, the Bengals were to get Venables from Clemson. Don't think it will happen but damn what would be sweet. I also think Diaz will be staying put in Miami.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:46 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: You are right. But if the Bengals were able to get Richard, the excitement would probably put me in the hospital.

ZT is going to pick a person that fits him and his concept.I hope it is a college guy and not any of these old nfl has beens.I want new blood and someone that is as hungry as he is and wants to be on FIRE ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy:
Reply/Quote
Mike Singletary. Current head coach of the Memphis team in the AAF.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:29 AM)McC Wrote: Maybe somebody with a LB background who actually is a LB whisperer, not like the previous guy who only played one on TV.

Could it be a defensive assistant somewhere who is ready to move up?

Very well could be a college guy.  They see college offenses week in, week out.  Since the NFL is now running college offenses, it would make sense.

Tiger I'm still holding out some hope for Kerry Coombs.
Hometown guy, great motivator. He'd put butts in seats
Wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be another Zimmer....
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 06:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mike Singletary.  Current head coach of the Memphis team in the AAF.

You mentioned Singletary before.  There is the LAR connection with Fisher as HC.  He certainly has fire and respect.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 06:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mike Singletary.  Current head coach of the Memphis team in the AAF.

(02-05-2019, 07:07 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: You mentioned Singletary before.  There is the LAR connection with Fisher as HC.  He certainly has fire and respect.  

Joey Porter is available.

Ninja
Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 07:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Joey Porter is available.

Ninja
Mellow

so is the man who taught him every dirty trick he knows....Dick LeBeau

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 07:25 PM)pally Wrote: so is the man who taught him every dirty trick he knows....Dick LeBeau

Yeah but he's pushing 90.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I would, at the very least, welcome him as LB coach.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 07:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Joey Porter is available.

Ninja
Mellow

JERRY    Jerry Porter.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 05:51 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Well, since JDR seems out of the picture for the DC position, I wanted to reiterate that I think Taylor will go against the grain of conventional Wisdom and hire someone outside the box.  

He may bring in Capers.  But if he does go outside the box, keeps these people in mind:

Don Brown (Michigan)
Brent Venables (Clemson)
Manny Diaz (Miami)
Bob Shoop (Mississippi State)

E. Evero (Ram's secondary coach).  

I would be excited if somehow, the Bengals were to get Venables from Clemson.  Don't think it will happen but damn what would be sweet.  I also think Diaz will be staying put in Miami.

Sean McVey said he does not expect anyone from his staff to join Zac in Cincinnati...so unless something changes don't look for Evero

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 07:40 PM)pally Wrote: Sean McVey said he does not expect anyone from his staff to join Zac in Cincinnati...so unless something changes don't look for Evero

Did he make Taylor sign an agreement to not lure any of McVey's staff?  Or did he just beg, ala "Please don't poach me, Bro!?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 07:06 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger I'm still holding out some hope for Kerry Coombs.
Hometown guy, great motivator. He'd put butts in seats
Wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be another Zimmer....

You can hope for another Zimmer. My focus is on baby Zimmer
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 07:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Did he make Taylor sign an agreement to not lure any of McVey's staff?  Or did he just beg, ala "Please don't poach me, Bro!?

He doesn’t have to. All the Rams have to do is no say to any interview

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 07:48 PM)pally Wrote: He doesn’t have to. All the Rams have to do is no say to any interview

Question for the audiance:

I know teams can block interviews, but can they block a coach from quitting and going elsewhere?

For instance ZT would not need to interview someone from the Ram's staff and Mikey might take his word for it. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 07:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Question for the audiance:

I know teams can block interviews, but can they block a coach from quitting and going elsewhere?

For instance ZT would not need to interview someone from the Ram's staff and Mikey might take his word for it. 

Breaking a contract requires a buyout or other (draft picks) compensation or both to the team.  I can't imagine any scenario where they would do that for a coordinator

Reply/Quote