Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals New Defense Coordinator
Adam Zimmer for DC?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Burfict baby! Burfict! Ninja

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 04:13 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: It will be Joe Barry.

I wouldn't be against this but why do you think this?  The Rams defense is like 20th in scoring and total yards.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 04:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: My ideal would be Richard but he might be the HC of the Phins or DC for the Cowboys for all we know.

Marinelli if Richard gets promoted to DC or Del Rio would definately make me more than happy.

I hear Brian Flores is the next head coach for the Dolphins per NFL.com   
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 05:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: He is under contract and the Titans can block him. 

This is incorrect as it was for Kris Richard.  Neither of them are coordinators on their currrent team so if we interviewed them for dc since its a promotion there is not a damn thing dallas or tennesse could do about it.  The Kris Richards situation is interesting though as Maranelli is in last year of contract so they could promote Richards to DC to block teams from being able to interview him.  That means maranelli would become available for us.  There is still plenty of good d coordinators available.  We should be able to get a pretty good one.

- Chuck Pagano
- Jack Del Rio
- Steve Wilks
- Rod Maranelli
- Kris Richards
- John Pagano
- Ed Donatell
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 08:20 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: This is incorrect as it was for Kris Richard.  Neither of them are coordinators on their currrent team so if we interviewed them for dc since its a promotion there is not a damn thing dallas or tennesse could do about it.  The Kris Richards situation is interesting though as Maranelli is in last year of contract so they could promote Richards to DC to block teams from being able to interview him.  That means maranelli would become available for us.  There is still plenty of good d coordinators available.  We should be able to get a pretty good one.

- Chuck Pagano
- Jack Del Rio
- Steve Wilks
- Rod Maranelli
- Kris Richards
- John Pagano
- Ed Donatell

Teams can block them if they are under contract.

The Bengals blocked Vance Joseph a few years back from interviewing as the Broncos DC.

http://www.espn.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/83495/report-bengals-block-vance-joseph-from-broncos
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 08:20 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: This is incorrect as it was for Kris Richard.  Neither of them are coordinators on their currrent team so if we interviewed them for dc since its a promotion there is not a damn thing dallas or tennesse could do about it.  The Kris Richards situation is interesting though as Maranelli is in last year of contract so they could promote Richards to DC to block teams from being able to interview him.  That means maranelli would become available for us.  There is still plenty of good d coordinators available.  We should be able to get a pretty good one.

- Chuck Pagano
- Jack Del Rio
- Steve Wilks
- Rod Maranelli
- Kris Richards
- John Pagano
- Ed Donatell

If not Kris Richard, Ed Donatell is my pick.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote

- Chuck Pagano
- Jack Del Rio
- Steve Wilks
- Rod Maranelli
- Kris Richards
- John Pagano
- Ed Donatell

Steve Wilks looks to be going to the Browns as DC

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

- Chuck Pagano
- Jack Del Rio
- Steve Wilks
- Rod Maranelli
- Kris Richards
- John Pagano
- Ed Donatell

Yea this is wrong. They can be blocked if they are under contract, only HC candidates can’t be blocked.
Reply/Quote

- Chuck Pagano
- Jack Del Rio
- Steve Wilks
- Rod Maranelli
- Kris Richards
- John Pagano
- Ed Donatell

Chuck Pagano to the Bears

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Yes and I do stand corrected. Its just for the head coach that you cant block a promotion. That means the Eagles can block us for Press as OC if they want. They should do something about that rule. I just saw that the 49ers blocked Denver from their qb coach to be an oc.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:56 PM)pally Wrote: Chuck Pagano to the Bears

That Sucks.  He was probably my fav of the group.
Reply/Quote
I vote Tommy Tuberville for DC

HC experience in college, history with Taylor, great defensive coordinator SEC Coach of the year 1997, 2004 and currently un-employed
[Image: sig_zpsweeg0dtn.jpg]
Reply/Quote
How about Mike Nolan?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 12:33 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: How about Mike Nolan?

Nolan runs 3-4 primarily?  he was fired in Denver I think under McDaniels but not sure.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 12:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mike Singletary is also still just 60.

If not DC then maybe LB coach.  He is coaching in the Arena League now and would probably take anything to get back in the NFL.

Either of these things would make me happy.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Has Illinois fired Lovie Smith yet?  They have sucked every year he has been there.

He is not nearly as old as I thought.  Only 60.

Ironically, one of the higher paid coaches in the Big 10.  He's Marvin 2.0.  Conservative and old school.  
Reply/Quote
I still think it is going to be Donatell from the Bears. He is under the radar by some.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I don’t care who becomes the Bengals’ defensive coordinator so long as he pees sulfuric acid and poops napalm.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 04:39 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I don’t care who becomes the Bengals’ defensive coordinator so long as he pees sulfuric acid and poops napalm.

Let me do some research on that.   LMAO
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote