Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals New Defense Coordinator
(01-12-2019, 04:39 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I don’t care who becomes the Bengals’ defensive coordinator so long as he pees sulfuric acid and poops napalm.

ouch

I thought it was eat constantine wire and piss napalm?

[Image: 8cf0e054-1af4-41b5-9f71-34c91b24be8b_text_hi.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Rey Maualuga
Reply/Quote
Darrin Simmons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 05:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: He is under contract and the Titans can block him. 

Tiger OK. but going to DC from Def backs coach don't they have to allow it since its a coordinator position??
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 08:44 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger OK. but going to DC from Def backs coach don't they have to allow it since its a coordinator position??

I thought they had to allow interviews too but its not the case.  Only for a head coach promotion do you not need permission.  If they are under contract as a position coach for some reason coordinator is not seen as a promotion in the eyes of the nfl so teams can block any coach under contract for any position other than head coach.  Just happened with broncos wanted 49ers qb coach for oc and they got rejected by niners.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 08:44 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger OK. but going to DC from Def backs coach don't they have to allow it since its a coordinator position??

No, only one they have to allow is HC.

Reason being is there are no restrictions on number of coaches or titles. You could theoretically hire five defensive coordinators by title but then assign them all to different things so that you could then steal away guys under contract.
Reply/Quote
Maybe Johnathan Gannon the Colts DB/CB coach or somebody from that staff. They were doing some great stuff in terms of coverages and disguises I haven't seen too much of. They seem very organized in their play. Don't know who is to take credit for that but maybe they got a star hiding in that staff
Reply/Quote
I like what the Saints have done on defense. They really do almost anything and aren't afraid to mix things up and seem to adjust as the game goes on. I'm not familiar with anyone on their staff though.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:05 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Use this thread to opine on possible Defense Coordinator candidates for the Cincinnati Bengals.  

I know Greg Williams & Jack Del Rio are out there but who else comes to mind?

I was hoping for Fangio, but that's out. I'd be open to Jack Del Rio as DC.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
looks like jets might be locking up Greg Williams... So whos left?

Preferably not a first time DC....
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 05:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: looks like jets might be locking up Greg Williams... So whos left?

Preferably not a first time DC....

Not too many left.  I will still hope for Ed Donatell (Bears).  Yes, he will be first time DC.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Here's a wild card to throw out there... Terrance Newman. Really, really unlikely since he's only coached for a year, but I do think he'll move up the coaching ranks eventually.

Or perhaps Michael Barrow?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 10:16 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Not too many left.  I will still hope for Ed Donatell (Bears).  Yes, he will be first time DC.  

I would like Donatell or Del Rio at this point.

(01-15-2019, 10:18 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Here's a wild card to throw out there... Terrance Newman. Really, really unlikely since he's only coached for a year, but I do think he'll move up the coaching ranks eventually.

Or perhaps Michael Barrow?

Nice thought on T-New, he is smart, probably as a secondary coach though, not an outright DC yet.

BTW, Can Geno really dunk? Sorry, first time i have seen you on here.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 07:41 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Burfict baby! Burfict!  Ninja

Burfict for DC and Richie Incognito for OC.

Weed is legal in Ohio now isn't it?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2019, 10:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would like Donatell or Del Rio at this point.

Nice thought on T-New, he is smart, probably as a secondary coach though, not an outright DC yet.

BTW, Can Geno really dunk? Sorry, first time i have seen you on here.

Ed Donatell is gone.  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2815901-former-bears-db-coach-ed-donatell-reportedly-named-broncos-dc
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 06:18 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Ed Donatell is gone.  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2815901-former-bears-db-coach-ed-donatell-reportedly-named-broncos-dc

Thanks for the update Psych, heard this in another thread. I am thinking we already got our guy anyways we just cannot announce until we announce our HC in Taylor. Could be as early as Monday where we hear who all our guys are.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 07:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for the update Psych, heard this in another thread. I am thinking we already got our guy anyways we just cannot announce until we announce our HC in Taylor. Could be as early as Monday where we hear who all our guys are.

Really hope that is the case because all the known candidates are dropping like flies.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 07:53 PM)McC Wrote: Really hope that is the case because all the known candidates are dropping like flies.

Same here McC, hope this is the case.

Doesn't make sense to just clean house while all the candidates go to other teams and Taylor doesn't get a shot at the guys he wants. Think he already had them in mind when he agreed to the job and the FO just went out and signed them and are waiting till Taylor is out of the Postseason so they can announce him first.

Atleast this makes sense to me, i think other teams hurried their picks a bit myself, either that or we already had dibbs on Taylor and he or his people let them know.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 06:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Burfict for DC and Richie Incognito for OC.

Weed is legal in Ohio now isn't it?

Your wearing your overalls sipping out of the jug again aren’t you? LMAO

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 11:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Your wearing your overalls sipping out of the jug again aren’t you? LMAO

I take offense to that! Coveralls are warm and I gotta carry my coffee in something...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote