Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals: No Extension For Dalton
Bengals will not be giving #14 an extension prior to the start of the season. No-brainer imo.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/27/bengals-will-not-extend-andy-daltons-deal-before-season/
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 08:23 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Bengals will not be giving #14 an extension prior to the start of the season. No-brainer imo.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/27/bengals-will-not-extend-andy-daltons-deal-before-season/

Need to wait a year and see what he does with the new coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
Everyone knows that Mike Brown isn't involved in the management of the Bengals anymore. The article has to be mistaken when it interviews him.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 08:23 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Bengals will not be giving #14 an extension prior to the start of the season.  No-brainer imo.

Agree

Wait and see season
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Teams usually don't sign players before there is a year left on his contract. Not a big deal.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 09:00 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Teams usually don't sign players before there is a year left on his contract. Not a big deal.

What I’m thinking as well. But also could be ZT saying, “look dude, I believe in you and I’m going to support you right now because I have bigger fish to fry. I need to see if you can get it done. Consider this your 1yr prove it year!”

Probably not, but a possibility. Either that or they will spend the next year trying to get another team friendly deal.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 09:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What I’m thinking as well. But also could be ZT saying, “look dude, I believe in you and I’m going to support you right now because I have bigger fish to fry. I need to see if you can get it done. Consider this your 1yr prove it year!”

Probably not, but a possibility. Either that or they will spend the next year trying to get another team friendly deal.

Either way, Dalton is underpaid for a QB of his caliber and he isn't the type of guy to complain about money.  There's really no impetus on the Bengals end to do an extension this year.
Reply/Quote
I just have a sneaky suspicion that Dalton's contract will not be extended. I know Taylor says the right things as he should but I think he will want his own guy eventually.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 08:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Everyone knows that Mike Brown isn't involved in the management of the Bengals anymore. The article has to be mistaken when it interviews him.

I mean geez, who would've thought that the owner of the team would be the one to attend the owner's meeting and take questions. What a shock.

Not like any other owners that employ GMs that actually run the show would take questions like this at such an occasion. No-sir-ee.

Keep dropping those amazing truth bombs on us, dude.
Reply/Quote
Well, thus far on paper (have to see what the new coaches can do with that line), they aren't exactly setting him up for success but that would most likely apply to a rookie as well perhaps even ruining his career in the process. At least Dalton has shown he can take the abuse mentally and physically. (except for that one time he chucked the ball out of bounds on 4th down.)

Also,

I saw in a similar article they will be pursuing Green so this is a situation where they really can't afford both.

I hope AJ's toes are good.

Reply/Quote
Good move. No benefit to re-upping now.

I want AJ to retire a Bengal but at the same time, we can’t Bobby Hart him.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton's gonna ball out this year... Book it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 10:18 PM)Whatever Wrote: Either way, Dalton is underpaid for a QB of his caliber and he isn't the type of guy to complain about money.  There's really no impetus on the Bengals end to do an extension this year.

Or it might be wise to offer an early deal to a decent QB who was (is?) willing to take a team friendly deal to stay with a franchise that isn't known for putting winning first.

Does loyalty go both ways?  Is Dalton a doormat?  Will he ball out without breaking his thumb?  Stay tuned. 
Reply/Quote
Simple.

AJ is a UFA after this season. Andy is signed through 2020. Obviously AJ is job 1.
Reply/Quote
It would make no sense to extend him now with 2 years remaining on his current deal. I also believe that Taylor is going to want his guy at some point, so barring the Bengals becoming sudden contenders, I think Dalton moves on when this contract ends if not sooner.
Reply/Quote
I heard the DOLPHINS are desperately looking for a QB.
Reply/Quote
If he is our starter, stays healthy, and plays above average Mike Brown will offer him a shitload of money. He should have a lot of motivation to have his best year yet.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 11:13 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Hopefully for all 16 games for once!
 Whatever

For once?????? Andy is about as resilient a QB as there is in the league.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2019, 08:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: For once?????? Andy is about as resilient a QB as there is in the league.

Was going to say something about that, but I think he means, "when Andy balls out, let's hope this year is the year he balls out for 16 games," as the only 2 years where he's TRULY balled out, were last year and 2015, both cut short by broken thumbs.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2019, 11:32 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I heard the DOLPHINS are desperately looking for a QB.

They traded Tannehill, got a fill-in vet in Fitzmagic and they're likely going to draft a QB to work into the rotation.  Pretty standard practice, I think.
Reply/Quote