Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals Packers Preseason Game One Observations
(08-11-2023, 11:27 PM)Housh Wrote: I always said we should be a team that keeps a good backup QB. Our WRs are too good to have to transition to a short game if Burrow is out.

Teddy B was my pick. No idea what Trevor did to get Zac’s love

Same stance and I'm usually not the negative I told you so guy but if things don't change and one of these guys loses the first 2 games of the year (or one later) I'm letting it rip on this one issue.  
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 11:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: Actually no. He was 60 in the past then changed to 79 last year I think. 

[Image: jcar79.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Weird, I clearly remember him having a 60 series number - guess I was wrong. In any event, the lineman who got abused all night was Kirkland. Both QBs had plenty of time to set and throw and just made BAD throws.
Reply/Quote
My thoughts:

Battle is a gamer

#72 was the best D-lineman on the field tonight

I lost my high hopes for Sydney Rice

Yoshi looks slow

TE Hudson looked good
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 11:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My thoughts:

Battle is a gamer

#72 was the best D-lineman on the field tonight

I lost my high hopes for Sydney Rice

Yoshi looks slow

Yoshi looked yoked enough to be a TE LOL made a couple good catches and good effort for some YAC too
Reply/Quote
Battle and Dax looked nice. In fact all of the picks flashed. The receivers were hampered because both QBs were so hilariously inaccurate - they had to keep pausing, looking, going back, lunging and so forth to try to rope in the bad passes. I think we actually hit a receiver in stride once all night.
Reply/Quote
I knew that the sky was falling because it was raining at my house..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 11:38 PM)treee Wrote: Yoshi looked yoked enough to be a TE LOL made a couple good catches and good effort for some YAC too

I agree. He looked like a Man among boys out there. He just looked "mechanical". 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 11:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree. He looked like a Man among boys out there. He just looked "mechanical". 

True but so does DK Metcalf even to this day 
Reply/Quote
I now have no fear of Tee misses his usually couple games but god damn we may just have to move Chase in the slot if Boyd gets hurt. Jones just didn’t look good.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
This was actually a terrible game to evaluate the receivers in because both Browning and especially Siemian had no touch on their passes and were wild.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like we have no backup QB still
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 11:44 PM)Joelist Wrote: This was actually a terrible game to evaluate the receivers in because both Browning and especially Siemian had no touch on their passes and were wild.

Not sure if u were at game but little separation at WR, Lassiter was the WR of the game
Reply/Quote
Disappointed Kirkland looked so bad. I had hoped he would come in and look better. He could still improve just like a lot of the other guys that had a not so great game.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 11:51 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not sure if u were at game but little separation at WR, Lassiter was the WR of the game

I watched the whole sordid thing. Both QBs had more than enough time and the throws were constantly off target. The receivers would have had a lot more separation had they been able to work on getting open and not having to slow, stop, go back and other nonsense trying to zero in on the wild passes. 
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 10:48 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Jonah’s definitely the starting RT.
Carman does not look good out there from what I see. He doesn’t even look like a good back up. Maybe he’s only decent when he plays LT?

He's a game day guy not a practice guy. Well if you consider the preseason games practice.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 11:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: I watched the whole sordid thing. Both QBs had more than enough time and the throws were constantly off target. The receivers would have had a lot more separation had they been able to work on getting open and not having to slow, stop, go back and other nonsense trying to zero in on the wild passes. 

Watched and at are are two different views, both qb and wrs struggled 
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 11:04 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: At what point do you start looking at Frank?
I did about 2 years ago. 
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 11:04 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: At what point do you start looking at Frank?

why would you wanna do that...

but yea, Im not a Pollack guy at all

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 11:13 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Charlie Jones playing with a minute left in the 4th isn't a great sign. I'm not super high on this pick.

it's his first preseason game of his rookie year. and he has a torn labrum. 

let's relax

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote