Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals@Patriots Predictions
(10-14-2016, 04:49 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: All these upset picks? The only upset will be us after the butt kicking.

I know huh? Watch the forums explode after the loss like it wasn't even expected.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 12:45 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: (Or perhaps the season is lost.  We'll know after this game for sure.)

I expect them to lose to NE, and by pretty big margin.  I've already made peace with that.  The true test of their character will be the week afterward.  A wounded (1-5 or 0-6) division rival coached by our old coach rolls into town.  If they win that game they still have a legitimate chance of beating Washington and getting to .500 at the bye.  Then a 6-2 on the back 8 can maybe get you a WC spot.

But, if they lose to Cleveland, then I'll say the season is lost.  Then it's gonna be a long, painful slog to January. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 06:08 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Mine is simple. Another a$$ whooping this week in New England. Patriots 35 Bengals 10

Nope. the Bengals will only get FGs so I predict Pats 35 Bengals 6 Sad
Reply/Quote
Let's be honest. We aren't winning this game. It probably won't be close
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Brady's first game in Foxboro since his suspension will be brutal for us. The score will be: We lose big.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 06:59 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Brady's first game in Foxboro since his suspension will be brutal for us.  The score will be:  We lose big.

Thank goodness for the NFL Ticket.

I can't watch this team get beat down. 

Last week I turned to another game after the third Dallas touchdown.  I saw the score go to 28-0 after half time and never switched back.

Two beat downs in a row will not be tolerable. 

I will switch to the Eagles game since the Vikings are on a bye if the beat down starts to unfold.  (Wife is from PA and son also pulls for the Eagles.  Root for the Vikings as I have a cousin who is a fan, and mostly because of Zimmer!!)
Reply/Quote
We do have insider info though in LaFell Ninja

Problem is the Wizard changes things up for every team he plays. A true master of puppets.

And the golden boy is home.

We gonna get smoked. :giggle:

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2016, 10:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's generally how it works for me. That's why i picked 4 pats and 3 steelers players. Big Grin

What????

[Image: Cu0agM0W8AE2F0-.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2016, 10:02 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I expect them to lose to NE, and by pretty big margin.  I've already made peace with that.  The true test of their character will be the week afterward.  A wounded (1-5 or 0-6) division rival coached by our old coach rolls into town.  If they win that game they still have a legitimate chance of beating Washington and getting to .500 at the bye.  Then a 6-2 on the back 8 can maybe get you a WC spot.

But, if they lose to Cleveland, then I'll say the season is lost.  Then it's gonna be a long, painful slog to January. 

Playing the Browns I don't believe is a true test of the quality or character of a team, regardless of the past connections.  The Browns are a really bad team.  Beating them by 1 or by 20 really doesn't say much.
 If Bengals roll over and die against the Pats like they did against the Cowboys, this season will essentially be over.  This team should still be a good team and should be able to put up a good fight against the Pats.  Even if they do not win, they must compete this weekend to gain the confidence necessary build on.  However, having 4 loses this early in the season would be too much to overcome and I'd say with certainty that they miss the playoffs.  This game is a must win, no matter how improbable.  There's no two ways about it.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Bengals 24
Patty Cakes 23
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 06:18 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Playing the Browns I don't believe is a true test of the quality or character of a team, regardless of the past connections.  The Browns are a really bad team.  Beating them by 1 or by 20 really doesn't say much.
 If Bengals roll over and die against the Pats like they did against the Cowboys, this season will essentially be over.  This team should still be a good team and should be able to put up a good fight against the Pats.  Even if they do not win, they must compete this weekend to gain the confidence necessary build on.  However, having 4 loses this early in the season would be too much to overcome and I'd say with certainty that they miss the playoffs.  This game is a must win, no matter how improbable.  There's no two ways about it.

We're going to have to disagree.  If this game is a must win, with the season hanging in the balance, then the season's already ****** because they're not getting out of there with a win.  That's why I'm waiting for the Cleveland game to see how they rebound.  

If they can beat Cleveland and get on a roll, they can still get to a 10-6 record and have a shot at a wild card, and then the  loss tomorrow wouldn't have meant anything.  If they lose to Cleveland, then I'll be ready to throw in the towel.  

“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 05:18 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: What????

You didn't read it all. I picked those players to effect the rfaulk34 jinx. Because i suck at ever winning any kind of money and this was a lineup at fanduel. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 10:16 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You didn't read it all. I picked those players to effect the rfaulk34 jinx. Because i suck at ever winning any kind of money and this was a lineup at fanduel. 

My bad  Cry
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
New England Tom Brady's 44 Cincinnati 13
Reply/Quote
this isn't a must win b/c of their record. it's a must win b/c if you can't beat the patriots in foxboro.....then you have no business being in the playoffs. playoffs go through foxboro this year that much is obvious to me. if you can't beat them there then the point is moot.

I pray they come in to prove themselves after the embarrassment in dallas.
Reply/Quote
I'm going to hope that last week was just a fluke. I'm going to say our defense steps up this game. The run game has always been a weakness against us, and Dallas is the best running offense in the league. Final score 27-24
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 06:08 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Mine is simple. Another a$$ whooping this week in New England. Patriots 35 Bengals 10

Lol Be optimistic, I will never predict another team to whoop my teams azz, Bengals 17 Patriots 13, defense finds its mojo, our season is reborn out of the ashes. Ninja
Reply/Quote
This must be what it's like to be a Browns fan posting in a gameday thread.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2016, 05:18 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: What????

Not saying I can do better, but you've just assembled a picture of the top 50 worst actors on the planet.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 10:36 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Not saying I can do better, but you've just assembled a picture of the top 50 worst actors on the planet.
Did you count them? Or did you just guesstimate?

Bengals 24 (8 FGs... Start Nugent on your fantasy team) Patriots 17.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote