Poll: Who is the Bengals most notorious hater?
Dan Fouts
Rodney Harrison
Mike Florio
Bart Scott
Gregg Rosenthal
Some other hater
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Player Haters Ball
We've had some pretty nasty haters through the years...but who is the most filthiest, foulest, nastiest hater out there? You can use any criteria you want. Longevity. Quality of hate. Platform. Etc.

[Image: R.b23ad046542d4be75c5760878508f010?rik=c...ImgRaw&r=0]

So who wins the player hater's ball?

Candidates:

Dan Fouts
[Image: R.4f267ed5f62c031b2d28ebd77e52d4fa?rik=j...ImgRaw&r=0]

This man has been hating us since 1982. Still resents losing the Freezer Bowl, and has dedicated his life to taking shots as an announcer. A true OG.

Rodney Harrison
[Image: R.488e57dbc7feecbeb3876e9aeefbe341?rik=p...ImgRaw&r=0]

He has no ties to the Bengals or reasons to hate, but that's never stopped him. Always picks against us and takes shots at the organization, while making sure everyone knows he once played for the Patriots.

Mike Florio
[Image: R.febfbaafb43135ed82df3cf14f9137c9?rik=U...ImgRaw&r=0]

Born and raised in Steelers country, practiced law in Pittsburgh, and also had a years-long beef with Marvin Lewis after Marvin questioned Florio's alma-mater after they produced Chris Henry and Pacman. Recent love affair with Joe Burrow aside, this man has spent plenty of time bashing the Bengals and gushing over the Steelers.

Bart Scott
[Image: 71c1abcc0b5e328d5f87018b1ddbc17b-original.jpg]

Our most recent addition to the ball, Bart made up for lost time with his "red dot" tirade. Truly a legendary hater moment.

Gregg Rosenthal
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

A Florio disciple, Gregg popularized "The Dalton Line", which could've easily been used on Jay Cutler, Alex Smith, Teddy Bridgewater, Derek Carr or any other solid-not-great QB. He also ranked Burrow 26th to start this season, behind a host of bad QB's, and in general rarely has anything nice to say when he has a choice.

-------------

You can also vote "other" and add your favorite hater to the list.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
[Image: Cris_Collinsworth_%2837045366070%29.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Rosenthall credits Chris Wesseling with coming up with the Dalton line. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Florio is the worst. I sometimes can't see the rest of the internet because he's so high on his soapbox.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Steve Tasker. Don't know what he was all bitter about
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Fouts has been at it the longest, and we have no choice but to deal with him given the frequency of CBS broadcasts for the team. The rest are small time and have to earn their hate stripes.
Reply/Quote
There's also a little return-hate for Fouts since the fact that he is in the HOF and the clearly superior Ken Anderson is not is a giant crock of shit.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 06:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Rosenthall credits Chris Wesseling with coming up with the Dalton line. 

Sorry. Gregg is responsible for popularizing the Dalton line.

Credit Wesseling for inventing it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I have to go with Fouts. The man has been maligning us for decades and through seven presidential administrations. You almost have to admire that level of stamina and dedication. Oh, and Danny, had the game been played in 45-degree weather you still would have gotten your ass handed to you.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Piss on Dan Fouts. He is so blatantly (if not intentionally) wrong about so many things. On top of that, he's arrogant about it! I refuse to listen to any broadcast he's a part of.
Reply/Quote
Fouts by a land slide. He always finds some way to get a jab in every time he does a Bengal game. Collinsworth would be my second pick due to his Steeler infatuation.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
I'm surprised Colin Cowherd isn't on this list.
He's been a Bengal Basher for a long time.
Perhaps he's been coming around more with Burrow though.
I haven't really listened to anything from him in years.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Easy! Dan Fouts all day. Could never stand him calling Bengals games.
Reply/Quote
Fouts. He needs a hobby
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
It stings to hear Collinsworth and Boomer talk poorly about the team, but the one that makes me mute the TV without question is Fouts. How anyone can remain so salty for so long has to be exhausting to the point it's almost admirable. But I don't admire him, and cannot listen to the game if he's calling it.
Reply/Quote
I've never seen it with Cris. He always seems happy when the Bengals are doing well. I guess his gushing over other teams (particularly the Steelers) has led people to believe he hates the Bengals? I don't see it. I think he's just tried to stay fair in his job.
Reply/Quote
Charles Davis
Marshall Faulk (and those two look alike)
Tirico
Keyshawn

I can think of a bunch more.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
To be fair to Florio he's been on the Bengals bandwagon for a good part of the season following the 5-2 start. Prior to that the Bengals stunk and the Steelers were better.

So he hasn't been wrong.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 06:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm surprised Colin Cowherd isn't on this list.
He's been a Bengal Basher for a long time.
Perhaps he's been coming around more with Burrow though.
I haven't really listened to anything from him in years.

Both Colon Cowturd and Steven A Smith should be on the list.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 07:08 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Charles Davis
Marshall Faulk (and those two look alike)
Tirico
Keyshawn

I can think of a bunch more.

Keyshawn was the biggest miss out of these. He's been super douchey.

Btw, I didn't add guys like Cowherd and SAS because they're hot take artists that I can't take seriously.
Reply/Quote