Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Re-Sign....
...Brandon Tate. I have no idea what dirt he has on who, but somehow they still haven't had enough of his awfulness. One year deal.

https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/705805273470992385
https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/705805615285731328

Welcome to the start of Free Agency with the Bengals. You can't have any cap space or good players, but you can certainly have yourself a nice heaping serving of Tate.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/bengals/status/705805273470992385
Reply/Quote
Good grief not again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 02:27 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ...Brandon Tate. I have no idea what dirt he has on who, but somehow they still haven't had enough of his awfulness. One year deal.

https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/705805273470992385
https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/705805615285731328

Welcome to the start of Free Agency with the Bengals. You can't have any cap space or good players, but you can certainly have yourself a nice heaping serving of Tate.

So predictable! That tells me that they've basically given up on resigning Adam Jones and don't want a rookie being the only returner in the mix. This also wastes a roster spot that could be filled by someone who actually gets on the field more. Tate is a WR is name only. Burhead had more catches and he's the backup of the backup RB. LOL

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 02:31 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Good grief not again.

[Image: groundhog-day-2-o.gif]

Reply/Quote
There goes all of our cap space! ????
Reply/Quote
It's Groundhog Day

[Image: Groundhog-Day-quotes-4.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 02:32 PM)BengalChris Wrote: So predictable! That tells me that they've basically given up on resigning Adam Jones and don't want a rookie being the only returner in the mix. This also wastes a roster spot that could be filled by someone who actually gets on the field more. Tate is a WR is name only. Burhead had more catches and he's the backup of the backup RB. LOL

Not sure how you got that out of Tate being re-signed.
Reply/Quote
I really thought this was a cruel joke smh...I mean I expected him back but he's seriously the first guy we sign? Why not wait till after everyone else fails to show any interest in him then sign him

Also....nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Reply/Quote
Sick
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Hobson's newest article came out saying we have -8 million in cap space instead of 40 million that is reported and now they bring back this turd sack yet again....we will here that he may not make the roster even but yet just like the last 5 years he will be our primary returner..just laugh at the stupidity...Let's focus on getting a guy re-signed that no one else wants instead of trying to sign the actual talent that will get scooped up by someone else.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 02:48 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Hobson's newest article came out saying we have -8 million in cap space instead of 40 million that is reported and now they bring back this turd sack yet again....we will here that he may not make the roster even but yet just like the last 5 years he will be our primary returner..just laugh at the stupidity...Let's focus on getting a guy re-signed that no one else wants instead of trying to sign the actual talent that will get scooped up by someone else.

He's one of the few players in the league that will kick back half of his paycheck to mike brown just for keeping him on the team. Roland did the same thing.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 02:37 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Not sure how you got that out of Tate being re-signed.

I believe I stated how in the post. Team doesn't want an inexperienced guy being the primary returner without a vet there. If Adam Jones were coming back then they'd be fine with a newbie as the returner. I think that's pretty simple and pretty obvious actually.

Tate wasn't going to get any serious interest from other teams, so why would you lock this guy up?

Look, rosters spots are valuable. There's only 53 of them and only 46 can dress for a game. So why spend one on a guy like Tate unless you already know your All-Pro returner ain't gonna be back?

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 02:50 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: He's one of the few players in the league that will kick back half of his paycheck to mike brown just for keeping him on the team. Roland did the same thing.

Or those guys have something else going on with Mike Brown?
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Overreactions are strong in this thread.

If it's like his last one, we can cut him without losing much (40$K?) if a better opportunity presents itself in the draft or free agency. Nothing wrong with having him as a 'worst case scenario' heading into camp if we can't draft/sign a better option.

Now, if he's still here in August, I'll grouse. Nothing wrong till then.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 02:53 PM)Benton Wrote: Overreactions are strong in this thread.

If it's like his last one, we can cut him without losing much (40$K?) if a better opportunity presents itself in the draft or free agency. Nothing wrong with having him as a 'worst case scenario' heading into camp if we can't draft/sign a better option.

Now, if he's still here in August, I'll grouse. Nothing wrong till then.

We've been saying this for 4 years. And he's still here. 
Reply/Quote
Waiting for the Hobson article of Brandon Tate being the WR2 for 2016 in 3..2...1....
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 02:53 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Or those guys have something else going on with Mike Brown?

[Image: benjarvus-green-ellis-mike-brown-knee.jpg]

Ninja Ninja Ninja

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 02:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Waiting for the Hobson article of Brandon Tate being the WR2 for 2016 in 3..2...1....

Don't forget the part where he tries to convince us that Brandon Tate is making major strides and is definitely the next Julio Jones!
Reply/Quote
[Image: 3cjkQSt.gif]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote